Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hair v ICC, employment tribunal, London, Oct 1st to 9th

+35
Lara Lara Laughs
Ross
Winkle Spinner
skully
Zat
PearlJ
Hass
taipan
S F Barnes
Henry
Makaveli
furriner
Basil
noelene
Rachel
THICKEDGE
lardbucket
JGK
Shoeshine
holcs
embee
Gary 111
Brass Monkey
Invader Zim
The One
tac
JKLever
doremi
Merlin
please don't yell
horace
mynah
Eric Air Emu
LeFromage
filosofee
39 posters

Page 18 of 36 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 27 ... 36  Next

Go down

Hair v ICC, employment tribunal, London, Oct 1st to 9th - Page 18 Empty Re: Hair v ICC, employment tribunal, London, Oct 1st to 9th

Post by JGK Thu 04 Oct 2007, 10:39

> Merls, what Aussies didn't support Hair? Some thought him not the most charming of men, but I can't remember anyone suggesting he wasn't right according to the laws of cricket?

Agree with this. Just about all the Aussies and Poms on the board (and Bliks too I think) supported Hair's right to do what he did (if not the actual decision or how he went about it).

JGK

Number of posts : 41790
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : jnt

Back to top Go down

Hair v ICC, employment tribunal, London, Oct 1st to 9th - Page 18 Empty Re: Hair v ICC, employment tribunal, London, Oct 1st to 9th

Post by Merlin Thu 04 Oct 2007, 11:00

tac wrote:

Merls, what Aussies didn't support Hair? Some thought him not the most charming of men, but I can't remember anyone suggesting he wasn't right according to the laws of cricket?

Yes, I thought that might stir the hornets nest ... but trust me, there were more than a couple of Aussies on the C4 forum who certainly did voice concern at Hair's 'unilateral' action and arrogance.
Believe Bliks was also agin Hair then...
Anyway, it isn't a fabrication, at the time, the two most voiciferous pro-Hair happened to be 2 maybe 3 Poms - viz Chas and myself, Danny too I think, whilst others maintained a deafening silence or neutralised the debate with non committal comments.
We copped serious flak - some abusive, from the Paksters (and Lagster, JayPatel etc) and generally everyone who disliked Hair for whatever reason!! The R card was played aggressively and often causing the demise of at least 3 threads by the Mods for that specific reason.
It matters not in the end tac.

Fact is, back then I recalled how mute the Australian defensive voice was and how ironic that it was Poms who were rallying to the defence of an Aussie umpire...

Anyway - no matter .... let's just celebrate when he wins.

Merlin

Number of posts : 14718
Registration date : 2007-09-05
Flag/Background : afg

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlin Thu 04 Oct 2007, 11:12

One argument I am willing to concede however is the fact that the Test did not involve the Australian team and as such perhaps interest from Oz wasn't as acute as it would have been and as it was here ... whereas we closely followed every frame of the action, minute by minute, as the fiasco of the 4th day unveiled itself.

But like I said - it matters not ultimately as long as Dazza wins.

Merlin

Back to top Go down

Post by tac Thu 04 Oct 2007, 11:12

Merlin wrote:
tac wrote:

Merls, what Aussies didn't support Hair? Some thought him not the most charming of men, but I can't remember anyone suggesting he wasn't right according to the laws of cricket?

Yes, I thought that might stir the hornets nest ... but trust me, there were more than a couple of Aussies on the C4 forum who certainly did voice concern at Hair's 'unilateral' action and arrogance.
Anyway, it isn't a fabrication, at the time, the two most voiciferous pro-Hair happened to be 2 maybe 3 Poms - viz Chas and myself, Danny too I think, whilst others maintained a deafening silence or neutralised the debate with non committal comments.
We copped serious flak - some abusive, from the Paksters (and Lagster, JayPatel etc) and generally everyone who disliked Hair for whatever reason!! The R card was played aggressively and often causing the demise of at least 3 threads by the Mods for that specific reason.

Fact is, back then I recalled how mute the Australian defensive voice was and how ironic that it was Poms who were rallying to the defence of an Aussie umpire...

Yes, I remember the race card being played hard and often, but I was definitely in the "Back Hair" party.
tac
tac

Number of posts : 19270
Flag/Background : pon

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Thu 04 Oct 2007, 11:14

tac wrote:
Merlin wrote:
tac wrote:

Yes, I remember the race card being played hard and often, but I was definitely in the "Back Hair" party.

It always is.
taipan
taipan

Number of posts : 48416
Flag/Background : saf

Back to top Go down

Post by S F Barnes Thu 04 Oct 2007, 11:15

It will be interesting to see what transpires after he wins. Will more umpires be willing to take a firm line on applying the letter of the law?
S F Barnes
S F Barnes

Number of posts : 276
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

Post by Brass Monkey Thu 04 Oct 2007, 11:17

Nah, I wasn't too vociferous. I got that way after a) race was so vehemently brought into it(at the start it was sooky murmurs) and b) the anti-Hairs started trying to make a faceless tribunal, which in black and white he was treated badly, again into a judgement of their aspersions.
Brass Monkey
Brass Monkey

Number of posts : 44858
Registration date : 2007-09-02

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjWhbVWj9wQ

Back to top Go down

Post by tac Thu 04 Oct 2007, 11:17

S F Barnes wrote:It will be interesting to see what transpires after he wins. Will more umpires be willing to take a firm line on applying the letter of the law?

We can hope. Although Rudi might struggle next time he stands in a subi test . . .
tac
tac

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Thu 04 Oct 2007, 11:18

S F Barnes wrote:It will be interesting to see what transpires after he wins. Will more umpires be willing to take a firm line on applying the letter of the law?

Shock, horrow, might they even have the balls to call bowlers for chucking.
taipan
taipan

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlin Thu 04 Oct 2007, 11:21

I very much doubt that.

In fact, quite the contrary, PCness will be even more rigidly observed by the Umpires (and stressed by the ICC) in order not to upset and irritate those Boards who have fragile tolerance of having their knuckles rapped when knowingly in the wrong.

Re. The ICC - To be shown up as incompetant employers is one thing .... upsetting their paymasters is another.

Merlin

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry Thu 04 Oct 2007, 15:22

Well, Darrells case could well be in tatters- Billy Doctrove, his main witness, has failed to show at court today.
Henry
Henry

Number of posts : 32891

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Thu 04 Oct 2007, 15:24

Henry wrote:Well, Darrells case could well be in tatters- Billy Doctrove, his main witness, has failed to show at court today.

Coward.
taipan
taipan

Back to top Go down

Post by Brass Monkey Thu 04 Oct 2007, 15:25

Ooh, wonder why?
Brass Monkey
Brass Monkey

Number of posts : 44858
Registration date : 2007-09-02

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjWhbVWj9wQ

Back to top Go down

Post by holcs Thu 04 Oct 2007, 15:25

taipan wrote:
Henry wrote:Well, Darrells case could well be in tatters- Billy Doctrove, his main witness, has failed to show at court today.

Coward.

Thats a farking understatement!
holcs
holcs

Number of posts : 5481
Registration date : 2007-09-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry Thu 04 Oct 2007, 15:26

Geez, that isnt at all presumptuous of you, Taipan.
Henry
Henry

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry Thu 04 Oct 2007, 15:26

Presumptous of all of you.
Henry
Henry

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Thu 04 Oct 2007, 15:26

Henry wrote:Geez, that isnt at all presumptuous of you, Taipan.

Glad you agree
taipan
taipan

Back to top Go down

Post by JKLever Thu 04 Oct 2007, 15:27

Batfink Begins wrote:Ooh, wonder why?

Hmmm, been nobbled perhaps....
JKLever
JKLever

Number of posts : 27236
Registration date : 2007-08-06

Back to top Go down

Post by embee Thu 04 Oct 2007, 15:27

After this case

I suspect the change the ICC will make will be ...

In televised matches ...the balls will be changed if the Umpires think it has been illegally altered or if they dont like the shape ...No Penalty runs will be awarded....The ball and TV footage will be scrutinised for evidence if tampering ...Big Penalty on anyone caught tampering

Basically ...like the chucking rule ...it will be ignored ...and impossible to police ...but still be on the books
embee
embee

Number of posts : 26217
Registration date : 2007-09-03
Flag/Background : aus

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry Thu 04 Oct 2007, 15:29

taipan wrote:

Glad you agree

Do you even know what presumptuous means?
Henry
Henry

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Thu 04 Oct 2007, 15:32

Henry wrote:
taipan wrote:

Glad you agree

Yes, and if you read what you wrote, very carefully, you will discover you said I wasn't presumptuous.

Game, set and match.

See everyone tomorrow.
taipan
taipan

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry Thu 04 Oct 2007, 15:34

Oh yes.....Taipan mr NSR strikes again. Fool.
Henry
Henry

Back to top Go down

Post by doremi Thu 04 Oct 2007, 15:34

taipan wrote:
Henry wrote:
taipan wrote:

Glad you agree

Yes, and if you read what you wrote, very carefully, you will discover you said I wasn't presumptuous.

Game, set and match.

See everyone tomorrow.

NSR?
doremi
doremi

Number of posts : 9743
Registration date : 2007-09-03
Flag/Background : ind

Back to top Go down

Post by tac Thu 04 Oct 2007, 15:36

doremi wrote:
taipan wrote:
Henry wrote:
taipan wrote:

Glad you agree

Game, set and match.

See everyone tomorrow.

NSR?

No, taips has just shown that the best way to disarm sarcasm is to take it at face value.
tac
tac

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry Thu 04 Oct 2007, 15:40

Tac, to borrow a quote from Glenn Mcgrath, what does Taipan's c*ck taste like?
Henry
Henry

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 36 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 27 ... 36  Next