Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shoaib and Kaneria "earn" top contracts

+4
SG
furriner
Henry
PlanetPakistan
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Shoaib and Kaneria "earn" top contracts Empty Shoaib and Kaneria "earn" top contracts

Post by PlanetPakistan Tue 06 Jan 2009, 18:39

Category A Shoaib Akhtar, Younis Khan, Danish Kaneria, Shahid Afridi, Kamran Akmal, Shoaib Malik, Misbah-ul-Haq, Salman Butt, Umar Gul

Category B Yasir Hameed, Faisal Iqbal, Mohammad Hafeez, Sohail Tanvir

Category C Rao Iftikhar Anjum, Abdur Rehman, Yasir Arafat, Fawad Alam, Khurram Manzoor, Saeed Ajmal, Sohail Khan, Wahab Riaz, Samiullah Khan Niazi, Sarfraz Ahmad, Nasir Jamshed, Umar Amin, Azhar Ali

very strange list but i sense an emphasis on tests over ODIs/T20 which is good to see. Having said that i certainly hope F Iqbal and M Hafeez are NOT selected for the upcoming test series vs SL.

Good to see Asif EXCLUDED.
PlanetPakistan
PlanetPakistan

Number of posts : 10285
Registration date : 2008-02-06
Flag/Background : pak

Back to top Go down

Shoaib and Kaneria "earn" top contracts Empty Re: Shoaib and Kaneria "earn" top contracts

Post by PlanetPakistan Tue 06 Jan 2009, 19:05

Faisal Iqbal seems a bit lucky to get the contract as a) he is rubbish in tests b) doesn't play ODIs/T20 c) he averaged 14 in the recent domestic competition
PlanetPakistan
PlanetPakistan

Back to top Go down

Shoaib and Kaneria "earn" top contracts Empty Re: Shoaib and Kaneria "earn" top contracts

Post by Henry Tue 06 Jan 2009, 19:10

PlanetPakistan wrote:Faisal Iqbal seems a bit lucky to get the contract as be Javed Miandad's Nephew as a) he is rubbish in tests b) doesn't play ODIs/T20 c) he averaged 14 in the recent domestic competition

Fixed.
Henry
Henry

Number of posts : 32891
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

Post by furriner Tue 06 Jan 2009, 19:10

^^
(d) He is Miandad's nephew; how many in that list are Miandad's nephews? None? Well then.
furriner
furriner

Number of posts : 12508
Registration date : 2007-09-04
Flag/Background : ind

Back to top Go down

Post by furriner Tue 06 Jan 2009, 19:12

Damn! Beaten to the send button.
furriner
furriner

Number of posts : 12508

Back to top Go down

Post by PlanetPakistan Tue 06 Jan 2009, 19:50

Henry wrote:
PlanetPakistan wrote:Faisal Iqbal seems a bit lucky to get the contract as be Javed Miandad's Nephew as a) he is rubbish in tests b) doesn't play ODIs/T20 c) he averaged 14 in the recent domestic competition

Fixed.
M Hafeez is quite lucky as well...unfortunately they didn't bother giving a contract to Aamer or M Talha(both capable of bowling at or around 90 mph)
PlanetPakistan
PlanetPakistan

Back to top Go down

Post by PlanetPakistan Tue 06 Jan 2009, 19:57

Not sure whats going on with this guy

PlanetPakistan
PlanetPakistan

Back to top Go down

Post by SG Wed 07 Jan 2009, 06:42

Asif isn't there in any list.

Shoaib played a grand total of 3 Twenty20s for Pak in '08 and still finds himself in category 'A'.

Strange are the ways of PCB's working.

SG

Number of posts : 12806
Registration date : 2007-09-06

Back to top Go down

Post by The One Wed 07 Jan 2009, 06:55

out of that list only younis, misbah, gul and maybe malik would be in my category A. the rest are either has-beens or never-beens

The One

Number of posts : 9035

Back to top Go down

Post by PlanetPakistan Wed 07 Jan 2009, 07:08

furriner wrote:^^
(d) He is Miandad's nephew; how many in that list are Miandad's nephews? None? Well then.

the way Miandad played the game was truly exemplary.
In a way he was PAK's smith(as far as courage and determination is concerned) so for him to do things that will almost certainly hurt(and have been hurting) the team is quite disappointing.

Players like Asim Kamal, Saeed Bin Nasir, M Talha, M Aamer etc will be quite gutted to see this sifarish process.
PlanetPakistan
PlanetPakistan

Back to top Go down

Post by PlanetPakistan Wed 07 Jan 2009, 07:18

The One wrote:out of that list only younis, misbah, gul and maybe malik would be in my category A. the rest are either has-beens or never-beens
TBH Malik is an average cricketer TO.

I would have given him and Afridi a C contract. Misbah('inexperienced') and Gul(way too injury prone) should have been in B along with Shoaib.

Only Younis deserved the A contract as in terms of performance and fitness he is the only A level player and this despite the fact that in terms of raw talent he is not even in the top 10.

but i am guessing they were trying to give some extra money to the players because the match fee has been almost zero.
PlanetPakistan
PlanetPakistan

Back to top Go down

Post by Batman Wed 07 Jan 2009, 07:39

PlanetPakistan wrote:

Is it a coincidence that Faisal gets a contract and Miandad is in charge of PCB operations?
Batman
Batman

Number of posts : 8881
Registration date : 2007-09-08

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Wed 07 Jan 2009, 07:41

PlanetPakistan wrote:

I am pretty sure that there are some here who would not agree with that statement.
taipan
taipan

Number of posts : 48416
Flag/Background : saf

Back to top Go down

Post by rey Wed 07 Jan 2009, 14:48

I don't recognise all the names so are there any other spinners barring Kaneria in this list?

Kaneria is good, but he could be much better if his place in the test side wasnt a cert - he needs competition. Oh and a better keeper would help.

As for Shoaib, well no comment.
rey
rey

Number of posts : 233
Registration date : 2007-10-09

Back to top Go down

Post by PlanetPakistan Wed 07 Jan 2009, 16:20

taipan wrote:
PlanetPakistan wrote:

I am pretty sure that there are some here who would not agree with that statement.
dont think many will disagree that he use to try as hard as any other cricketer of his time
PlanetPakistan
PlanetPakistan

Back to top Go down

Post by PlanetPakistan Wed 07 Jan 2009, 16:25

rey wrote:I don't recognise all the names so are there any other spinners barring Kaneria in this list?

Kaneria is good, but he could be much better if his place in the test side wasnt a cert - he needs competition. Oh and a better keeper would help.

As for Shoaib, well no comment.
Ajmal is a doosra Saqi. He has had an excellent start to his ODI career in fact PAK have yet to lose a match with Ajmal in the side(5 games)

Sarfraz Ahmed is a young keeper, his footwork isn't as quick as Akmal's but he is still quite a safe keeper and the only reason why he isn't in the team is because of Kamran's at times extraordinary batting.
PlanetPakistan
PlanetPakistan

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry Wed 07 Jan 2009, 16:25

What's Kaneria's bowling average if you take away wickets against Bangladesh- About 40?
Henry
Henry

Number of posts : 32891

Back to top Go down

Post by PlanetPakistan Wed 07 Jan 2009, 16:27

Batman wrote:
PlanetPakistan wrote:

Is it a coincidence that Faisal gets a contract and Miandad is in charge of PCB operations?

if i was Misbah ul Haq or even Asim Kamal i would be quite upset to see Faisal play ahead of me for YEARS...
PlanetPakistan
PlanetPakistan

Back to top Go down

Post by The One Wed 07 Jan 2009, 16:29

stats

The One

Back to top Go down

Post by PlanetPakistan Wed 07 Jan 2009, 16:33

PAK don't play much(any) test cricket so i don't think they will take the risk of dropping Kaneria and play a new spinner(Ajmal) against Lanka

I personally will continue with Kaneria but give him a better keeper to work with.
PlanetPakistan
PlanetPakistan

Back to top Go down

Post by The One Wed 07 Jan 2009, 16:34

what happened to mansoor amjad?

The One

Back to top Go down

Post by PlanetPakistan Wed 07 Jan 2009, 16:34

Another thing to remember is that the coach(Alam) and chief selector(A Qadir) are both leg spinners so they will be a bit biased....

in fact i recently heard that Alam wants Kaneria to play ODIs as well
PlanetPakistan
PlanetPakistan

Back to top Go down

Post by PlanetPakistan Wed 07 Jan 2009, 16:35

The One wrote:what happened to mansoor amjad?
he did a Malik

He suffered a serious finger injury and decided to turn himself in to a batsman who can a bowl a bit.
PlanetPakistan
PlanetPakistan

Back to top Go down

Post by PlanetPakistan Wed 07 Jan 2009, 23:39

So if there is no international cricket(like its been the case for the 7 out of the last 9 months) then even the top players will only be making $3,500 per month.

From a financial point of view alone i can imagine players being desperate to play some international cricket.
PlanetPakistan
PlanetPakistan

Back to top Go down

Post by PlanetPakistan Fri 09 Jan 2009, 18:53

4/24 for Shoaib today....ripped through the reigning champ's batting lineup.

http://www.pcboard.com.pk/Pakistan/Scorecards/204/204133.html

BTW i was listening to Tauqeer Zia's(ex chairman) interview yesterday and guess what he was upset that his son didn't get a contract. I just can't believe how he can say such a thing openly when its quite clear that his son is lucky to even be playing DOMESTIC cricket...

Next year we might as well give the A contract to Faisal Iqbal, Junaid Zia, Salman Qadir, Usman Qadir,Miandad's controversial son and if there is still enough room then give to a few of the girls.
PlanetPakistan
PlanetPakistan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next