Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aussie fans; it really isn't necessary

+8
Brass Monkey
Bradman
taipan
Zat
Growler
JKLever
DJ_Smerk
ever hopeful
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Aussie fans; it really isn't necessary Empty Aussie fans; it really isn't necessary

Post by ever hopeful Sun Sep 06, 2009 7:42 am

Unfortunately I've been away for a few weeks, so missed out on all the Ashes gloating on this forum. I was wondering though, did anyone remember to thank the Aussies for looking after them for us for a couple of years?
Also, I'd just like to let Aussie supporters know that whilst we all remember the numerous comments along the lnes of "and it'll be at least another 18 years before you win them back" which followed the series in Oz, we really don't require any of you to come on here and eat humble pie. Honestly, I mean it. I know you've been honing your apologies for nearly two weeks now, and no doubt many of you were just about to post them on this forum. But really; it isn't necessary. We already know you're sorry and frankly we are just happy to have won.

Oh those 69 balls...didn't you just KNOW they'd count?
ever hopeful
ever hopeful

Number of posts : 922
Registration date : 2009-07-13
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

Aussie fans; it really isn't necessary Empty Re: Aussie fans; it really isn't necessary

Post by DJ_Smerk Sun Sep 06, 2009 7:45 am

PCS, is out of the office at the moment, so EH is filling in.
DJ_Smerk
DJ_Smerk

Number of posts : 15938
Registration date : 2007-09-08
Flag/Background : jnt

Back to top Go down

Aussie fans; it really isn't necessary Empty Re: Aussie fans; it really isn't necessary

Post by ever hopeful Sun Sep 06, 2009 7:54 am

DJ_Smerk wrote:PCS, is out of the office at the moment, so EH is filling in.
He's late back too. Hope I'm getting overtime for this.
I've been meaning to ask by the way; what does everyone else get paid for putting their comments on here? I usually only get £10 a post, which doesn't seem all that much. Am I being ripped off?
ever hopeful
ever hopeful

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 06, 2009 8:25 am

ever hopeful wrote:Unfortunately I've been away for a few weeks, so missed out on all the Ashes gloating on this forum. I was wondering though, did anyone remember to thank the Aussies for looking after them for us for a couple of years?
Also, I'd just like to let Aussie supporters know that whilst we all remember the numerous comments along the lnes of "and it'll be at least another 18 years before you win them back" which followed the series in Oz, we really don't require any of you to come on here and eat humble pie. Honestly, I mean it. I know you've been honing your apologies for nearly two weeks now, and no doubt many of you were just about to post them on this forum. But really; it isn't necessary. We already know you're sorry and frankly we are just happy to have won.

Oh those 69 balls...didn't you just KNOW they'd count?
Like it Laughing .

Back to top Go down

Post by JKLever Sun Sep 06, 2009 8:27 am

Must. Not. Gloat.
JKLever
JKLever

Number of posts : 27236
Registration date : 2007-08-07

Back to top Go down

Post by DJ_Smerk Sun Sep 06, 2009 8:48 am

If the Forum Goat is English or British, will he become the Forum Gloat?
DJ_Smerk
DJ_Smerk

Number of posts : 15938
Registration date : 2007-09-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Growler Sun Sep 06, 2009 11:47 am

The more sensible of us on here know perfectly well that we have nothing much to gloat about.

The Ashes are ours on merit in so far as we won a few sessions when it really mattered - but the fact remains - the series was contested by two very poor teams.

I'm sorry EH, but I have to say - gloating if we'd thrashed Australia would be bad enough ..... but in the circumstances, most Aussies will consider you to be something of a berk, I'm afraid.
Growler
Growler

Aussie fans; it really isn't necessary MPDozzd

Number of posts : 2286
Registration date : 2007-10-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Zat Sun Sep 06, 2009 1:04 pm

Growler wrote:EH ... in the circumstances, most Aussies will consider you to be something of a berk, I'm afraid.
We may well think that, but we don't need to say it. eh probably knows deep down that they're a bit of a berk as well.

Zat

Number of posts : 28872
Registration date : 2007-09-04

Back to top Go down

Post by ever hopeful Mon Sep 07, 2009 5:12 am

Growler wrote:The more sensible of us on here know perfectly well that we have nothing much to gloat about.

The Ashes are ours on merit in so far as we won a few sessions when it really mattered - but the fact remains - the series was contested by two very poor teams.

I'm sorry EH, but I have to say - gloating if we'd thrashed Australia would be bad enough ..... but in the circumstances, most Aussies will consider you to be something of a berk, I'm afraid.

The more sensible of you on here didn't really expect England to win at all did you? There's a fine line between enjoying a victory and gloating, but I'm more than happy to be considered a gloating berk by the Aussies (might even change my name to it) but seriously doubt whether any of them are too bothered by anything I write either way.
Incidentally, may I suggest you don't bother watch "two very poor teams" play in future. It can't be very entertaining for you.
ever hopeful
ever hopeful

Back to top Go down

Post by Growler Mon Sep 07, 2009 11:37 am

Oh I always felt we could win - Aus had lost too many good players and their replacements were nowhere near as good.

You're right - the Aussies can't even be arsed to reply ....... very poor attempt at trolling.

As for being that gloating berk - to paraphrase what someone said ....... theres no shame in stupidity, but there's no reason to flaunt it either.

BTW, I've already got a member of the TV watching police in my house, so with deep regret I'm going to have to refuse your kind suggestion as to what I see or don't see - but thanks for the offer anyway.
Growler
Growler

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Mon Sep 07, 2009 4:14 pm

ever hopeful wrote:
Growler wrote:The more sensible of us on here know perfectly well that we have nothing much to gloat about.

The more sensible of you on here didn't really expect England to win at all did you? There's a fine line between enjoying a victory and gloating, but I'm more than happy to be considered a gloating berk by the Aussies (might even change my name to it) but seriously doubt whether any of them are too bothered by anything I write either way.
Incidentally, may I suggest you don't bother watch "two very poor teams" play in future. It can't be very entertaining for you.

Robi is multi ID'ing?
taipan
taipan

Number of posts : 48416
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : saf

Back to top Go down

Post by Bradman Mon Sep 07, 2009 8:21 pm

Doesn't it getting embarrasing though when you win the thing unexpectdly and then lose them 18 months later?
Bradman
Bradman

Number of posts : 17402
Registration date : 2008-08-13
Flag/Background : war

Back to top Go down

Post by Brass Monkey Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:28 pm

So, if you rate a team to be 'very poor' then they're actually boring to you? confused Oh. I just thought that it meant you judged them as poor.
Brass Monkey
Brass Monkey

Number of posts : 44858
Registration date : 2007-09-02
Flag/Background : afg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjWhbVWj9wQ

Back to top Go down

Post by Growler Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:45 pm

Who are you responding to Danny?

IMO, both teams were poor compared to the 2005 XIs, but I didn't find the matches boring by any means. On the contrary, in some ways it was like seeing a car broken down on a level crossing - you just can't avert your gaze..........
Growler
Growler

Back to top Go down

Post by JKLever Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:48 pm

Aye, wasn't boring at all.

Sobering to think what each others 2005 sides might have done to the other though.
JKLever
JKLever

Back to top Go down

Post by Brass Monkey Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:49 pm

Growler wrote:Who are you responding to Danny?

IMO, both teams were poor compared to the 2005 XIs, but I didn't find the matches boring by any means. On the contrary, in some ways it was like seeing a car broken down on a level crossing - you just can't avert your gaze..........

Ever hopeful >
Brass Monkey
Brass Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post by Brass Monkey Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:54 pm

JKLever wrote:Aye, wasn't boring at all.

Sobering to think what each others 2005 sides might have done to the other though.

TBH, I've never sounded this miserable but apart from the very momentary euphoria of having the Ashes back (I suppose a day long) I didn't enjoy the series much because it's apparent to me how incredibly poor we are, how there is actually little gumption within our side and how we aren't going to beat many teams without the help of ground or overhead conditions. Bittersweet is probably the word.
Brass Monkey
Brass Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post by JKLever Mon Sep 07, 2009 11:34 pm

Meh, didn't make the 85' or 86/7 series any less enjoyable.
JKLever
JKLever

Back to top Go down

Post by spangler Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:02 am

JKLever wrote:Meh, didn't make the 85' or 86/7 series any less enjoyable.

Not anyless enjoyable than 2005 though?
spangler
spangler

Aussie fans; it really isn't necessary 7EoDRAk

Number of posts : 2554
Registration date : 2007-09-05
Flag/Background : ind

Back to top Go down

Post by JKLever Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:56 am

2005 was different. 16 years n'all that...
JKLever
JKLever

Back to top Go down

Post by Eric Air Emu Tue Sep 08, 2009 4:09 am

I really hope this isn't the first gloating thread to appear here- it's our absolute sacred duty as Englishmen to rub it in gloriously, however beige the cricket was.

Here's how it works- on one side an army of fanatics, thrown into cricketing concentrations camps at the age of two, honing their batting techniques at gunpoint and holding religious services in front of a floppy green cap- on the other a bunch of inidifferent malingering county hacks, much more concerned with their I-phones, whippets & cravates than the cross of St George, bolstered by a couple of raving South Africans.

And which side wins? Ha ha ha ha bloody ha ha (ad infinitum)
Eric Air Emu
Eric Air Emu

Number of posts : 1954
Registration date : 2007-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post by JKLever Tue Sep 08, 2009 4:30 am

Laughing
JKLever
JKLever

Back to top Go down

Post by LeFromage Tue Sep 08, 2009 4:46 am

Eric Air Emu wrote:I really hope this isn't the first gloating thread to appear here- it's our absolute sacred duty as Englishmen to rub it in gloriously, however beige the cricket was.

Here's how it works- on one side an army of fanatics, thrown into cricketing concentrations camps at the age of two, honing their batting techniques at gunpoint and holding religious services in front of a floppy green cap- on the other a bunch of inidifferent malingering county hacks, much more concerned with their I-phones, whippets & cravates than the cross of St George, bolstered by a couple of raving South Africans.

And which side wins? Ha ha ha ha bloody ha ha (ad infinitum)

Was a bit like Escape to Victory. We had a retarded foreign body builder as keeper too.
LeFromage
LeFromage

Number of posts : 26195
Registration date : 2007-08-04
Flag/Background : fra

http://www.flamingbails.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by JKLever Tue Sep 08, 2009 5:08 am

I don't think Ipswich players were responsible for winning the Ashes though...
JKLever
JKLever

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 08, 2009 5:15 am

If an ashes winning side is only allowed to gloat when they beat a decent team then at no point in the last 20 years have Australia had bragging rights.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next