Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

No surprise, really

+2
Merlin
skully
6 posters

Go down

No surprise, really Empty No surprise, really

Post by skully Tue 07 Sep 2010, 09:54

ICC to investigate Sydney Test

"Red-faced International Cricket Council sleuths have done a stunning backflip by sending Pakistan wicketkeeper Kamran Akmal an official notice that he is under investigation over match-fixing in the Sydney Test.

Only months after clearing Pakistan's team of any wrongdoing in relation to the controversial Test, the ICC has written to Kamran to advise him he is in their crosshairs over the Sydney debacle.

Kamran, who dropped four catches in Australia's come-from-behind win, appeared to have wriggled off the hook when the ICC closed its SCG investigation.

But in an embarrassing admission they got it hopelessly wrong, ICC investigators have re-opened the SCG case and fingered Kamran as their primary suspect."

-------------------------------------------------------------

They showed the drops again on the Nooz, and I still say it takes some skill to not make the dropped catches look obvious on Akmal's part.

He's obviously had years of practice in cheating.
skully
skully

Number of posts : 105981
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : baggy

Back to top Go down

No surprise, really Empty Re: No surprise, really

Post by Merlin Tue 07 Sep 2010, 10:29

I wouldn't read anything into Kamran Akmal dropping four catches in an innings skulls ... that's about his par for the course

He's sh!t ... he's worse than sh!t ... as a keeper and as a screaming twat (before every ball bowled) - the qunt's too dense to even know how to spell "bribe" let alone take one.

That's his defence - and a bloody good one it is too!

Merlin

Number of posts : 14718
Registration date : 2007-09-05
Flag/Background : afg

Back to top Go down

Post by The One Tue 07 Sep 2010, 10:43

it is kind of funny. before his first tour of england in 2006 (with the infamous oval test) kamran was widely seen as pakistan's most accomplished keeper since bari. is his poor keeping since then due to his drop in skills or something more sinister?

The One

Number of posts : 9035
Registration date : 2007-09-04
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Tue 07 Sep 2010, 12:57

It seems something more sinister, TO. No
skully
skully

Number of posts : 105981

Back to top Go down

Post by JGK Tue 07 Sep 2010, 14:27

I was speaking to Murray Bennett about that tonight - he reckons that those drops individually wouldn't have been given a second thought if not for the match fixing allegations - none of them were easy and confidence for a keeper is a big thing.

JGK

Number of posts : 41790
Flag/Background : jnt

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 07 Sep 2010, 14:28

I know that was a big win for Australia but even if Akmal wasn't involved it looks pretty likely that other players were. F*cking qunts, have let down both sets of fans.

Back to top Go down

Post by JGK Tue 07 Sep 2010, 14:31

Aye - the Pak effort in the field on the last day was nothing short of abysmal - starting from the captain.

At the time Chappelli said they are either the worst team in the world or the best match fixers.

JGK

Number of posts : 41790
Flag/Background : jnt

Back to top Go down

Post by doremi Tue 07 Sep 2010, 18:38

The One wrote:it is kind of funny. before his first tour of england in 2006 (with the infamous oval test) kamran was widely seen as pakistan's most accomplished keeper since bari. is his poor keeping since then due to his drop in skills or something more sinister?

I think I remember him being sh!t earlier than that against us. Though I do remember him having the reputation for being not sh!t when he started.
doremi
doremi

Number of posts : 9743
Registration date : 2007-09-03
Flag/Background : ind

Back to top Go down

Post by lardbucket Tue 18 Apr 2023, 04:39

Pearl J and Bliks had an unforgettable exchange here on Kamran's keeping, with Boucher the comparator. Gold.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
116 - 9 - 400 - 4

lardbucket

Number of posts : 38123
Registration date : 2007-09-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down