Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where can I buy soft folding footwear pumps?

+12
Gary 111
Winkle Spinner
doremi
eowyn
Basil
JKLever
DJ_Smerk
furriner
Jontyh
Growler
Zat
WideWally
16 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Where can I buy soft folding footwear pumps? Empty Where can I buy soft folding footwear pumps?

Post by Guest Tue 16 Nov 2010, 05:11

Where can I buy soft folding footwear pumps?
UK only. I want a pair of pumps I can fold up and put in my handbag and then put on a pair of heels to dance the night away and reverse it at the end of the night - anyone know where I can get a pair?River Island have got some in at the moment... in sliver and metalic green... there the bendy style and look soo good... i've been waiting for my store to have my size... deffinatly aint happening.
============================================================
fold up shoes

Back to top Go down

Where can I buy soft folding footwear pumps? Empty Re: Where can I buy soft folding footwear pumps?

Post by WideWally Tue 16 Nov 2010, 05:28

Whatever you do, don't buy shoes from www.foldableshoes.co.uk. My Uncle Reg bought a pair from there last month & got a really bad foot infection from them. Last I heard it looked as though the surgeons would have to amputate.

You are far better off buying them at the Second Hand shop.

.... or is that gloves?

WideWally
WideWally

Number of posts : 9702
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : aus

Back to top Go down

Where can I buy soft folding footwear pumps? Empty Re: Where can I buy soft folding footwear pumps?

Post by Zat Tue 16 Nov 2010, 07:04

Nice to know my friend wasn't the only one who had a problem after buying footwear from foldableshoes.co.uk

His foldable shoes were quite comfortable for about half an hour, when he inadvertently activated the 'fold up' feature. The shoes then proceeded to fold up, and due to his feet being in them, the 'folded sensor' failed to kick in. They shoes kept folding and folding until his leg bones had been crushed to halfway up his thighs. The shoes then exploded, leaving my friend in a wheelchair as a double amputee and serious burns victim.

Zat

Number of posts : 28872
Registration date : 2007-09-04
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

Post by Growler Tue 16 Nov 2010, 10:41

Oh dear, sorry to hear about that Wally & Zat.

I also have a horror story about foldableshoes.co.uk

Last week, my brother bought some foldable work safety boots. After wearing them for the first time, he took them off and folded them by his armchair - ever so easy just press a small button and they slowly folded themselves neatly, no problem.

The following morning, he leaned over them and pressed the "unfold" buttons. He disovered that after a 1.5 second delay, they unfolded with such explosive force that they actually leap into the air.

The first one glanced off his face, he got a shiner, a broken nose and split his left ear in two. The force of the blow - and the shock - caused him to stand up instantly. At that point, the other shoe unfolded and leapt up, ripping off his scrotum before implanting itself up to the laces in his rectum.

Furthermore, once in hospital, his consultant noticed that one of his nipples was considerably larger than the other. Imagine the look on his face on realising that it was, in fact a testicle. He says that it will take physio at least another two weeks to massage the thing back down to where it belongs.
Growler
Growler

Where can I buy soft folding footwear pumps? MPDozzd

Number of posts : 2286
Registration date : 2007-10-13
Flag/Background : jnt

Back to top Go down

Post by Jontyh Tue 16 Nov 2010, 10:51

Thanks for the cautionary tales, chaps. I was just about to take myself off to foldableshoes.co.uk as I rather fancied a pair of sliver and metalic green ones, but d'you know what? I think I might go to Clarks instead.
Jontyh
Jontyh

Number of posts : 2257
Registration date : 2008-01-18

Back to top Go down

Post by furriner Tue 16 Nov 2010, 14:30

My god, to think that I almost ordered a pair of foldable boots from foldableshoes.co.uk.

What am I going to do?

furriner
furriner

Number of posts : 12508
Flag/Background : ind

Back to top Go down

Post by DJ_Smerk Tue 16 Nov 2010, 14:37

>I want a pair of pumps I can fold up and put in my handbag and then put on a pair of heels to dance the night away and reverse it at the end of the night
>I want a pair of pumps I can fold up and put in my handbag
>and put in my handbag
>my handbag
>handbag
>Tommy2010

thefark?
DJ_Smerk
DJ_Smerk

Number of posts : 15938
Registration date : 2007-09-08

Back to top Go down

Post by JKLever Tue 16 Nov 2010, 15:22

Forum gold interupted by smerkles. Carry on....

JKLever
JKLever

Number of posts : 27236
Registration date : 2007-08-06

Back to top Go down

Post by DJ_Smerk Tue 16 Nov 2010, 15:26

Interrupted.

Not necessarily, I don't think Tommy2010 has the ability to comment.

Let the man speak, dammit!
DJ_Smerk
DJ_Smerk

Back to top Go down

Post by JKLever Tue 16 Nov 2010, 15:28

Don't go all speeling Nazi on us. Some of us are having to forum whilst working, we can't all afford to be living the life of a student.
JKLever
JKLever

Back to top Go down

Post by Basil Tue 16 Nov 2010, 17:07

I need a left-handed hammer. Can anyone help?
Basil
Basil

Number of posts : 15936
Registration date : 2007-09-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Growler Tue 16 Nov 2010, 17:56

Yes mate. I've got a shedfull of left-handed tools .... hammers, screwdrivers, saws, drills, pliers - even a full set of left-handed spanners - including an adjustable - all in imperial sizes.

You're welcome to the lot of them. I was left them by an old uncle a few years ago, but I can't use them with being right-handed.
Growler
Growler

Back to top Go down

Post by eowyn Tue 16 Nov 2010, 18:48

Gentlemen, gentlemen, gentlemen! What unbelievable faux pas you have all been making.

As a ladeee I feel I have to inform you that anything that pumps, is foldable and fits into a handbag is bound to throw you a few "surprises".

Will you ever learn?
eowyn
eowyn

Number of posts : 11132
Flag/Background : yrk

Back to top Go down

Post by doremi Tue 16 Nov 2010, 19:36

It's not only the men though. Haven't you heard stories of that woman who lived a few miles off Kansas, I think she was royalty in the east, who ordered a pair from foldableshoes.co.uk? Before wearing the shoes she was happy and successful in her tyrannical reign over small green people (queen of vegans?). After wearing them BAM! an entire house falls on her. Legends are that the shoes had such an effect on her that her feet seemed to fold into themselves once they were taken off.

Last edited by doremi on Tue 16 Nov 2010, 19:54; edited 1 time in total
doremi
doremi

Number of posts : 9743
Registration date : 2007-09-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Winkle Spinner Tue 16 Nov 2010, 19:51

Ah, if you would only steer clear of any foldable item of clothing! I once strutted around, the envy of the town in my swish foldable trousers. I had them in beige. I looked like the don.

I looked somewhat less like the don when the folded up mid stride and, after a brief agonising moment, my balls fell to the floor with a 'SPLUT... SPLUT' noise echoing seemingly forever in the shocked silence that ensued.

Just say no kids!
Winkle Spinner
Winkle Spinner

Number of posts : 953

Back to top Go down

Post by JKLever Tue 16 Nov 2010, 20:33

Alas this japery would appear to be lost on an adbot
JKLever
JKLever

Back to top Go down

Post by furriner Tue 16 Nov 2010, 20:49

What japery? You mean all those stories weren't true?
furriner
furriner

Back to top Go down

Post by Gary 111 Tue 16 Nov 2010, 22:14

I used to run a very successful foldable footware company.

The recession hit us very hard, overheads went up and, unfortunately, we folded.
Gary 111
Gary 111

Number of posts : 5717
Registration date : 2007-09-02

http://www.flamingbails.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry Tue 16 Nov 2010, 22:41

Here is your coat.
Henry
Henry

Number of posts : 32891
Registration date : 2007-08-31

Back to top Go down

Post by furriner Tue 16 Nov 2010, 23:30

And you can unfold it on your way out. Evil or Very Mad
furriner
furriner

Back to top Go down

Post by DJ_Smerk Wed 17 Nov 2010, 00:55

JKLever wrote:Don't go all speeling Nazi on us. Some of us are having to forum whilst working, we can't all afford to be living the life of a student.

I think someone needs a hug....
DJ_Smerk
DJ_Smerk

Back to top Go down

Post by DJ_Smerk Wed 17 Nov 2010, 01:01

After I realised I ruined this thread, I went on Google to look up some soft folding footwear pumps.

I found out they're opening stores in Cardiff, Bristol and Birmingham. I wasn't excited until I read other forummer accounts of problems that they've endured.

I've now realised the improtance of Soft Folding Footwear Pumps. I've handed my CV into the shop in Cardiff. Hopefully, I'll learn the ins and outs of this industry, and maybe I can give some forummers a discount.
DJ_Smerk
DJ_Smerk

Back to top Go down

Post by Growler Wed 17 Nov 2010, 10:01

Smerky, I hope you get the job.

I'm looking for a retailer for my latest invention, the folding 4-speed walking stick - the perfect accompaniment to the latest folding walking boots.

Speeds range from 3 steps/min for the virtually bed-ridden, up to 8mph for olympic standard race walkers. The special edition has two feet for the particularly frail & wobbly. . All are adjustable for use by anyone from 5 feet to 6 feet 9 inches tall.

I won't be associated with a company like www.foldableshoes.co.uk. but your outlet looks just the job for my target market.
Growler
Growler

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 17 Nov 2010, 19:30

Hilarious!

Serious question: What is wrong with shoes that don't fold up?! What are you gonna do, fold them up and put them in your wallet?

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterCS Thu 18 Nov 2010, 00:21

Not currently although you can buy some very flexible shoes - Try T K Max

Guess it would be useful to have flexible High Heals to fold in half too.
PeterCS
PeterCS

Number of posts : 43743
Registration date : 2008-05-23
Flag/Background : ire

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next