Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum Highs & Lows 2010 - a subjective thread at last

+9
Gary 111
horace
JKLever
LeFromage
Zat
taipan
lardbucket
Basil
PeterCS
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Forum Highs & Lows 2010 -  a subjective thread at last Empty Forum Highs & Lows 2010 - a subjective thread at last

Post by PeterCS Wed 29 Dec 2010, 19:30

For me:

+

reappearances (however brief) of ever hopeful, stuey, yorkie jill

the enthusiastic tribute threads (e.g. eowyn's on Bresnan)

mynah's mad threads, Lever's and Dello's extraneous contributions (aardman, jollity from tractorboys' forums)

black helicopters and other forum evergreens and running jokes such as conf of hat

references to clairvoyant octopods

Fromage's robot language, and Dello's entirely different linguistic modes.

punit's appearance and enthusiasm

the less outre' quizzes such as caption comps, and 3D stats posers (in other words, not mere figures but related to flash and blood exploits)

most good-humoured threads and contributions (e.g. Wally's Catty Cricketers, Skully's coatness thread, Lever's Fark I feel old, Smerk's phrases you haven't heard recently, Guest's ONE WORD (revisited), Gary111's witticisms ...)

-

continued disappearance of valued contributors (e.g. Danny, Zim when in ungloating mode, Stuey, you know, the usual suspects) - in other words, non-Lazarus phenomena

humourless vituperation and sh:tfe$ts (less lately?), excess vitriol about players (however crap), misplaced and moribund testosterone, ockerism and Clarksonian oikery

Celebrity Death Celebrations, Darwin awards

recurrent lamentations about the imminent death of the forum (live and let die, folks ...)

HAPPY NEW YEAR ONE AND ALL. I hope your 2011 is better than your 2010.
PeterCS
PeterCS

Number of posts : 43743
Registration date : 2008-05-23
Flag/Background : ire

Back to top Go down

Forum Highs & Lows 2010 -  a subjective thread at last Empty Re: Forum Highs & Lows 2010 - a subjective thread at last

Post by Guest Wed 29 Dec 2010, 20:08

I think the only main gripe I had this year was with the experiment of giving loads of people mod permissions which caused a ridiculous amount of tension. I remember saying I thought it would lead to people leaving and posting activity to gradually decrease over time, and although it probably wasn't the only reason that this has happened it definately contributed.

*Prepares for onslaught of abuse*

Back to top Go down

Forum Highs & Lows 2010 -  a subjective thread at last Empty Re: Forum Highs & Lows 2010 - a subjective thread at last

Post by Basil Wed 29 Dec 2010, 20:10

vilkrang wrote:I think the only main gripe I had this year was with the experiment of giving loads of people mod permissions which caused a ridiculous amount of tension. I remember saying I thought it would lead to people leaving and posting activity to gradually decrease over time, and although it probably wasn't the only reason that this has happened it definately contributed.

*Prepares for onslaught of abuse*

Qunt - well, you did ask for it!
Basil
Basil

Number of posts : 15936
Registration date : 2007-09-03
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

Post by lardbucket Thu 30 Dec 2010, 07:51

The reputation buttons affair - well, Batty's response to them - that was a hoot.

lardbucket

Number of posts : 38071
Flag/Background : baggy

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Thu 30 Dec 2010, 14:14

lardbucket wrote:The reputation buttons affair - well, Batty's response to them - that was a hoot.

Lardy, that started a couple of years back. I think fatman lost it over the Mod Squad.

And the Darwin thread is also old.
taipan
taipan

Number of posts : 48416
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : saf

Back to top Go down

Post by Zat Thu 30 Dec 2010, 21:30

lardbucket wrote:The reputation buttons affair - well, Batty's response to them - that was a hoot.
Interesting that they were restored by Frommie to much indifference.

Zat

Number of posts : 28872
Registration date : 2007-09-04

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Thu 30 Dec 2010, 21:31

Zat wrote:
Interesting that they were restored by Frommie to much indifference.

Well bucky and batty were well gone by then
taipan
taipan

Number of posts : 48416
Flag/Background : saf

Back to top Go down

Post by LeFromage Thu 30 Dec 2010, 21:52

Which is proof that it all worked out in the end.
LeFromage
LeFromage

Number of posts : 26195
Registration date : 2007-08-03
Flag/Background : fra

http://www.flamingbails.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by JKLever Thu 30 Dec 2010, 22:08

+
Amazing that there is still life in the old dog yet. Thought it may just be Skully and I left about now.

Gary forumming a bit more recently & adding his humour to the bails.

-
Loss of a few regulars, mostly English ones - Danny & Chas are missed for their humour.

JKLever
JKLever

Number of posts : 27236
Registration date : 2007-08-06

Back to top Go down

Post by LeFromage Thu 30 Dec 2010, 22:29

Highs: Me getting shot of this appalling millstone.

Lows: The Flaming Millstone forum going into disrepair like a 1950s theme park in Chernobyl.

The complete absence of a 2010 Jingle Bails advent calendar.

For shame.

LeFromage
LeFromage

Number of posts : 26195
Registration date : 2007-08-03
Flag/Background : fra

http://www.flamingbails.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Thu 30 Dec 2010, 22:54

agree with dello...for shame smerkles and Ange

+

continuance of FB
much agreement about certain matters - eg use of techno, concern re T20, approbrium dumped on Modi by all - esp FB'ers of the Bannie persuaision (kudos to them)
strong appreciation of good cricket and a sense of history that sees realisation that the cricket fortune wheel always moving...lots of wonderful threads that reminded me of the history of the game...I continue to learn lots about the game and enjoy the fantastic enthusiasm of younger folk (ie those under 70) who inc smerk, doremi, josh, nath et al
some very funny threads and posts that had me laughing out loud
tolerance of most bailers for when they are flamed (often appropriately - me included)
fantastic support from most regulars for the resurgence of the cricketing stocks of the bangles, snoozies, windies and NSW (hehehehehe)
wonderful work from dello and his successor - la fromage
recent revival of spats about the greatness/selfishness of Steve Waugh
Victoria continuing to be a great team (sorry - could not help myself)

-

only a couple of minuses inc

disappearance of several posters - surprisingly for me I miss the likes of Karti, Zim

the terrible Ange-Skully dispute...much preferred the flirting years to the sometimes nastiness and 'failure to communicate'..

horace
horace

Number of posts : 42573
Registration date : 2007-09-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Gary 111 Thu 30 Dec 2010, 22:57

Dello wrote:Highs: Me getting shot of this appalling millstone.

Lows: The Flaming Millstone forum going into disrepair like a 1950s theme park in Chernobyl.

The complete absence of a 2010 Jingle Bails advent calendar.

For shame.

That's alright, we know you're already working on the 2011 Calendar Dell. Ricky and the boys should have given you plenty of material.
Gary 111
Gary 111

Number of posts : 5717
Registration date : 2007-09-02

http://www.flamingbails.com

Back to top Go down

Post by doremi Fri 31 Dec 2010, 08:52

+

merlo seemed to disappear

-

merlo seems to be back
doremi
doremi

Number of posts : 9743
Flag/Background : ind

Back to top Go down

Post by lardbucket Fri 31 Dec 2010, 09:06

+

the forum is still here
the persistence of regulars - skully, Dello, JKL, JGK
many amusing asides from all quarters

-

not as much drunken forumming as in the past; Vilks has calmed down
feuding
reduced or suspended contributions from OP, Danny, doctorspin, Pink, etc

Here's to 2011. Cheers!

lardbucket

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 02 Jan 2011, 21:54

lardbucket wrote:+

the forum is still here
the persistence of regulars - skully, Dello, JKL, JGK
many amusing asides from all quarters

-

not as much drunken forumming as in the past; Vilks has calmed down
feuding

reduced or suspended contributions from OP, Danny, doctorspin, Pink, etc

Here's to 2011. Cheers!
F**k you.

Happy?

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterCS Mon 03 Jan 2011, 01:09

Some people are never happy.
PeterCS
PeterCS

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Keating Mon 03 Jan 2011, 01:44

The forumming low for me was the night of August 21. Unable to post as I was at a wedding reception, I was regularly checking my the forum on my phone for updates on the result of the Federal Election. It was a bleak night indeed as it looked like the mad monk would get up. I could not even drown my sorrows in the cleavage of the hottie across the table.
Paul Keating
Paul Keating

Forum Highs & Lows 2010 -  a subjective thread at last Svlx7uN

Number of posts : 4663
Registration date : 2007-10-25
Flag/Background : wi

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterCS Mon 03 Jan 2011, 12:00

Why not?
PeterCS
PeterCS

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Keating Mon 03 Jan 2011, 12:03

LOL

What do you mean why not?
Paul Keating
Paul Keating

Forum Highs & Lows 2010 -  a subjective thread at last Svlx7uN

Number of posts : 4663
Registration date : 2007-10-25
Flag/Background : wi

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterCS Mon 03 Jan 2011, 12:08

Could you not have "accidentally" tipped a glass of red wine in there and chivalrously gone in there to lap it up?
PeterCS
PeterCS

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Mon 03 Jan 2011, 12:23

Zat's drunken imposter post deleted.
skully
skully

Number of posts : 105888

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 03 Jan 2011, 12:59

skully wrote:Zat's drunken imposter post deleted.
Dammnit, what did we miss?

Back to top Go down

Post by holcs Thu 06 Jan 2011, 22:55

JKLever wrote:+
Amazing that there is still life in the old dog yet. Thought it may just be Skully and I left about now.

Gary forumming a bit more recently & adding his humour to the bails.

-
Loss of a few regulars, mostly English ones - Danny & Chas are missed for their humour.

I am back working from home now, so may be about a bit more these days!!!
holcs
holcs

Number of posts : 5481

Back to top Go down

Post by Zat Fri 07 Jan 2011, 09:01

vilkrang wrote:
skully wrote:Zat's drunken imposter post deleted.
Dammnit, what did we miss?
Farked if I can remember. lardy might be able to spill the beans, but I was several schooners and a couple of glasses of durif down the path at that stage.

Zat

Number of posts : 28872

Back to top Go down

Post by lardbucket Fri 07 Jan 2011, 09:09

I can't recall. It was a long day ...

I suspect it had something to do with skully being fully occupied already groping or tongueing the daughters of visiting friends and neighbours or locking the really young ones in basements for a few years while they grew up to seriously bother with lapping up spillage from PK's hottie's decolletage ...

the durif and beers were talking bollocks through Zat's fingers, anywho

lardbucket

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next