Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pakistan

+7
tac
Ash
spangler
Brass Monkey
filosofee
Forum Goat
Henry
11 posters

Go down

Pakistan Empty Pakistan

Post by Henry Mon 26 Nov 2007, 14:51

What's happened to Pakistan's young, mercurial talent? They've seemed a bit flat for about 2 years now, with hardly any exciting young batting prospects, and no real tearaway express men coming through. Their under 19's have won the last 2 world cups, so maybe it's time to get some young, fresh faces into the team to freshen things up a bit.
Henry
Henry

Number of posts : 32891
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

Pakistan Empty Re: Pakistan

Post by Forum Goat Mon 26 Nov 2007, 15:02

May be their under-19 squad was actually under-29. No wonder they failed to improve!

Forum Goat

Number of posts : 80
Registration date : 2007-09-16

Back to top Go down

Post by filosofee Mon 26 Nov 2007, 16:48

Forum Goat wrote:May be their under-19 squad was actually under-29. No wonder they failed to improve!

Good nick/ID Very Happy

Maybe you could name Pak's under-19 players, involved in those winning WCs, who played in the SA series and are in the current team?

Henry: re cricket talent, feel Pakistan have been poorer since the late 90's, perhaps earlier. Causes could be elsewhere, won't go into the nation's politics here!
filosofee
filosofee

Number of posts : 1712
Registration date : 2007-09-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Brass Monkey Mon 26 Nov 2007, 17:13

I disagree that the talent has waned to a massive extent. IMO, they're still just about as talented as can be seen in some of their techniques. They just seem to a) bottle it more and b) get too used to bullying flat tracks.
Brass Monkey
Brass Monkey

Number of posts : 44858
Registration date : 2007-09-02
Flag/Background : afg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjWhbVWj9wQ

Back to top Go down

Post by spangler Mon 26 Nov 2007, 18:20

They've still got abundant young talent, it's just that before they had a thoughtful, intelligent captain to guide them. Now they've got Shoaib Malik.
spangler
spangler

Pakistan 7EoDRAk

Number of posts : 2554
Registration date : 2007-09-04
Flag/Background : ind

Back to top Go down

Post by Ash Mon 26 Nov 2007, 19:44

fawad alam looks a prospect. their young batsmen like hameed, butt, nazir and taufeeq umar all have a touch of class about their strokeplay but haven't been able to kick on. surprised about the lack of emerging fast bowlers though.
Ash
Ash

Pakistan MPDozzd

Number of posts : 2000
Registration date : 2007-09-05

Back to top Go down

Post by tac Mon 26 Nov 2007, 23:25

The myth of Pakistan having the most young talent has been well exposed on PakPassion. I suggest you all go there and have a look . . . just don't try to register.
tac
tac

Number of posts : 19270
Flag/Background : pon

Back to top Go down

Post by filosofee Tue 27 Nov 2007, 00:12

tac wrote:The myth of Pakistan having the most young talent has been well exposed on PakPassion. I suggest you all go there and have a look . . . just don't try to register.

If you're the bitchy old man, tac-cat, no one wants him. Others have, and successfully post there. Very Happy
filosofee
filosofee

Back to top Go down

Post by filosofee Tue 27 Nov 2007, 00:13

spangler wrote:They've still got abundant young talent, it's just that before they had a thoughtful, intelligent captain to guide them. Now they've got Shoaib Malik.

Who else could they have appointed, Afridi? Heaven forbid!
filosofee
filosofee

Back to top Go down

Post by Invader Zim Tue 27 Nov 2007, 00:19

filosofee wrote:
tac wrote:The myth of Pakistan having the most young talent has been well exposed on PakPassion. I suggest you all go there and have a look . . . just don't try to register.

If you're the bitchy old man, tac-cat, no one wants him. Others have, and successfully post there. Very Happy
I couldn't, I registered but never got a chance to post as the PP Ed seemed to think I was tac. I wonder how that happened?

It's sad how you carry on with your little petty vendettas.
Invader Zim
Invader Zim

Number of posts : 6396
Registration date : 2007-09-04
Flag/Background : none

Back to top Go down

Post by tac Tue 27 Nov 2007, 00:26

filosofee wrote:

Would you stop stalking me . . . every time I post you show up, like a turd that just won't flush!
tac
tac

Back to top Go down

Post by please don't yell Tue 27 Nov 2007, 03:59

I agree fully that it's a myth about the limitless test cricket ready young talent Pakistan are always said to have.

No team can have that talent level if they need to keep playing Sami.

And in the 6 years since Saeed Anwar called it a day they still haven't found a quality replacement at the top of the order.

please don't yell

Number of posts : 1138
Registration date : 2007-09-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry Tue 27 Nov 2007, 04:34

They've got a few young batsmen in the wings with talent- Shahid Yousuf has been mentioned for a while now, Fawad Alam looked good in the last ODI against India, and Umar Amin has been the best under 19's batsman for the last couple of years.
Henry
Henry

Number of posts : 32891

Back to top Go down

Post by filosofee Tue 27 Nov 2007, 14:14

Invader Zim wrote: I couldn't, I registered but never got a chance to post as the PP Ed seemed to think I was tac. I wonder how that happened?

What are you on about, who are you! Perhaps your registration came just after tac's was cancelled for trolling. If you're that bothered try joining again. A number of posters from here comment on Pakpassion with no problem, either using the same nick/ID or a different one, and vice versa.

And tac, another comment worthy of someone who claims a PhD from Cambridge. Bet your tutors are proud of what you have become, a bitchy old man - but not even in your dreams will your wish, of stalking by a nice woman, come true.

Back to Pakistan and cricket: I agree with you PDY, why play Sami, when he's a known failure, if there's limitless talent (there is but not for cricket, won't go into what here!). As long as I remember, and have watched Pak play, they've bottled it often, too often, very Pakistan. It's just baffling when, very rarely, they do play brilliantly.
filosofee
filosofee

Back to top Go down

Post by tac Tue 27 Nov 2007, 14:18

filosofee wrote:
Invader Zim wrote: I couldn't, I registered but never got a chance to post as the PP Ed seemed to think I was tac. I wonder how that happened?

What are you on about, who are you! Perhaps your registration came just after tac's was cancelled for trolling. If you're that bothered try joining again. A number of posters from here comment on Pakpassion with no problem, either using the same nick/ID or a different one, and vice versa.

And tac, another comment worthy of someone who claims a PhD from Cambridge. Bet your tutors are proud of what you have become, a bitchy old man - but not even in your dreams will your wish, of stalking by a nice woman, come true.

Back to Pakistan and cricket: I agree with you PDY, why play Sami, when he's a known failure, if there's limitless talent (there is but not for cricket, won't go into what here!). As long as I remember, and have watched Pak play, they've bottled it often, too often, very Pakistan. It's just baffling when, very rarely, they do play brilliantly.

Of course they are. They would find you a self-obsessed little twit, just as I do.
tac
tac

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Tue 27 Nov 2007, 14:24

[quote="tac
Of course they are. They would find you a self-obsessed little twit(sic), just as I do.[/quote]

Sure you got this right?
taipan
taipan

Number of posts : 48416
Flag/Background : saf

Back to top Go down

Post by tac Tue 27 Nov 2007, 14:26

taipan wrote:[quote="tac
Of course they are. They would find you a self-obsessed little twit(sic), just as I do.

Sure you got this right?[/quote]

I was being nice.
tac
tac

Back to top Go down

Post by PlanetPakistan Wed 06 Feb 2008, 03:36

Wonder why it has to be something as dead as a Houghton Miandad series for the selectors to give chance to the young players.
PlanetPakistan
PlanetPakistan

Number of posts : 10285
Registration date : 2008-02-06
Flag/Background : pak

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down