Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gilo vs the Koplaks

5 posters

Go down

Gilo vs the Koplaks Empty Gilo vs the Koplaks

Post by THICKEDGE Wed 28 Nov 2007, 11:32

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/main.jhtml?xml=/sport/2007/11/14/scwarw114.xml

No mercenaries for the bears and no alrounders left in the side. The solution er... totally incompetant rejected legspinners.
THICKEDGE
THICKEDGE

Number of posts : 434
Registration date : 2007-09-08
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

Gilo vs the Koplaks Empty Re: Gilo vs the Koplaks

Post by LeFromage Wed 28 Nov 2007, 19:37

Wonder if this had anything to do with it...

Another dodgy Kolpakker pretending to be English until a better offer comes along....
LeFromage
LeFromage

Number of posts : 26195
Registration date : 2007-08-03
Flag/Background : fra

http://www.flamingbails.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Basil Wed 28 Nov 2007, 23:32

THICKEDGE wrote:http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/main.jhtml?xml=/sport/2007/11/14/scwarw114.xml

No mercenaries for the bears and no alrounders left in the side. The solution er... totally incompetant rejected legspinners.

Typical Bears - always copying Worcestershire! We've already committed ourselves to not signing any more Kolpaks.
Basil
Basil

Number of posts : 15936
Registration date : 2007-09-03

Back to top Go down

Post by JKLever Thu 29 Nov 2007, 00:41

I think he played in a pro40 game at the tail end of the season.

Looked garbage... good riddance.

If we've got to have garbage county players, at least give the place to our own garbage
JKLever
JKLever

Number of posts : 27236
Registration date : 2007-08-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Brass Monkey Thu 29 Nov 2007, 12:07

Northants are getting well in there.... Lancie K, Nicky B and Andy H... with the Thunderfart as our overseas and a bastardised Aussie/SA/Anglo chappie as our keeps. That's half the forkin team.

Still, I'd prefer Boje to Dawson or whichever of our spinners is supposed to be able to bat, I'd prefer Hall to any of our sh!te bowlers who're 'useful' with the bat(Lucas, Logan et al) and Zulu is quality anyway.

Pretty much my argument advocating the more decent of the Kolpaks.
Brass Monkey
Brass Monkey

Number of posts : 44858
Registration date : 2007-09-02
Flag/Background : afg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjWhbVWj9wQ

Back to top Go down

Post by JKLever Thu 29 Nov 2007, 12:17

Batfink Begins wrote:Northants are getting well in there.... Lancie K, Nicky B and Andy H... with the Thunderfart as our overseas and a bastardised Aussie/SA/Anglo chappie as our keeps. That's half the forkin team.

Still, I'd prefer Boje to Dawson or whichever of our spinners is supposed to be able to bat, I'd prefer Hall to any of our sh!te bowlers who're 'useful' with the bat(Lucas, Logan et al) and Zulu is quality anyway.

Pretty much my argument advocating the more decent of the Kolpaks.

I don't think anyone will dispute the quality of the likes of Zulu,Boje & Hall at FC level.

It's when you get distinctly untalented munters taking the place of our distinctly untalented munters.
JKLever
JKLever

Back to top Go down

Post by Brass Monkey Thu 29 Nov 2007, 12:26

JKLever wrote:I don't think anyone will dispute the quality of the likes of Zulu,Boje & Hall at FC level.

It's when you get distinctly untalented munters taking county the place of our distinctly untalented munters.

Totally agree - but then how can there be anything but a blanket rejection of Kolpaks or the chance they'll turn out sh!t?

I mean, Lucas, Logan and Wigley are beyond sh!t. At least it looks like we'll be sharing the sh!tness between one or two of them and not all three. The only problem I have in some ways is Boje. We've a young player who turn out well being exactly of the same discipline of Boje. How many chances will he get, I wonder.

Still, Boje showed his calibre towards the back-end of last season so I suppose you'd have to say quality will shine through and the 2nd Div should be better off for his playing.
Brass Monkey
Brass Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post by JKLever Thu 29 Nov 2007, 12:40

Batfink Begins wrote:

Totally agree - but then how can there be anything but a blanket rejection of Kolpaks or the chance they'll turn out sh!t?

True.

I don't think Kolpaks should be signed unless they're going to be a member of your 1st XI. ( listening Grant Flower?)

Too many kolpakers like at Warks just used up space on the county staff.
JKLever
JKLever

Back to top Go down

Post by Brass Monkey Thu 29 Nov 2007, 12:47

JKLever wrote:
Batfink Begins wrote:

True.

I don't think Kolpaks should be signed unless they're going to be a member of your 1st XI. ( listening Grant Flower?)

Too many kolpakers like at Warks just used up space on the county staff.

Yeah, should be a view to a permanent place. Maybe they should also weight how many of the matches they play deeming them fit for another contract or not a la South Americans in our football league in the 80's-90's. Would make clubs think more.
Brass Monkey
Brass Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down