Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bacchus in line to replace Hildick

+5
Bradman
horace
PeterCS
skully
Blackadder
9 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Bacchus in line to replace Hildick Empty Bacchus in line to replace Hildick

Post by Blackadder Fri 08 Jul 2011, 00:41

Marsh in talks with CA

cheers

Blackadder

Bacchus in line to replace Hildick ZY4L4DZ

Number of posts : 3959
Registration date : 2008-12-27
Flag/Background : nsw

Back to top Go down

Bacchus in line to replace Hildick Empty Re: Bacchus in line to replace Hildick

Post by skully Fri 08 Jul 2011, 00:42

Welcome back, BA. It's been a while. Cool

"could be in line to take over the chairman of selectors job from Andrew Hilditch." Grousest news I've heard all week. band
skully
skully

Number of posts : 105985
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : baggy

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterCS Fri 08 Jul 2011, 00:54

Oh noooooooooooooo! The Pom bungs aren't working ....
PeterCS
PeterCS

Number of posts : 43743
Registration date : 2008-05-23
Flag/Background : ire

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackadder Fri 08 Jul 2011, 01:01

skully wrote:Welcome back, BA. It's been a while. Cool

"could be in line to take over the chairman of selectors job from Andrew Hilditch." Grousest news I've heard all week. band

Cheers Skully, a lull in Aus Cricket (which isn't a bad thing considering the inept fools in place atm) and being kept occupied with work has kept me away from here.
But some very good news to start the day, at least there could be some light at the end of tunnel. snoopy-dance

Blackadder

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Fri 08 Jul 2011, 01:16

...expect howls of outrage from the spiv media as it dawns on the likes of the Parrot and the inky spiv press that the dubbers may no longer be guaraanteed selection on the basis of playing for the spivs
horace
horace

Number of posts : 42573
Registration date : 2007-09-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Bradman Fri 08 Jul 2011, 02:06

Now if only they make it fulltime. And find a hard arse coach. AB maybe.
Bradman
Bradman

Number of posts : 17402
Registration date : 2008-08-13
Flag/Background : war

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterCS Fri 08 Jul 2011, 02:10

Personally I think they should keep it just the way it is.

Maybe get Kerry O Keefe, Dean Jones, Bruce Francis and Kim Hughes on board too, and hire Herschelle Gibbs to mastermind future campaigns abroad.
PeterCS
PeterCS

Number of posts : 43743
Registration date : 2008-05-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackadder Fri 08 Jul 2011, 02:19

horace wrote:...expect howls of outrage from the spiv media as it dawns on the likes of the Parrot and the inky spiv press that the dubbers may no longer be guaraanteed selection on the basis of playing for the spivs

Well as long at it doesn't increase the Vomit content in the Aus side, it can only be a good thing. Cool

Blackadder

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Fri 08 Jul 2011, 02:38

don't care remotely who plays for Oz so long as we are competitive...be they vix, barrells, tozzies or jupiter forbid - the worriers, spis or banjos....any measure that moves us away from selecting players simply because they have been bigged up by the Parrot and his like in the inky spiv press is a step in the right direction (fwiw I support the ditching of mytyt from the jamodi team - given his lack of decent performance over a long period)
horace
horace

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Fri 08 Jul 2011, 03:44

Bradman wrote:Now if only they make it fulltime. And find a hard arse coach. AB maybe.
I think AB has got round shoulders from already almost single-handedly dragging Aus out of the mid-80s mire. I doubt that he'd take it on. But yeah, I'd love to have him in the Naked Gun's place.
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Fri 08 Jul 2011, 03:45

PeterCS wrote:Personally I think they should keep it just the way it is.

Maybe get Kerry O Keefe, Dean Jones, Bruce Francis and Kim Hughes on board too, and hire Herschelle Gibbs to mastermind future campaigns abroad.
An apt analogy by Petey. Cool
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by JGK Fri 08 Jul 2011, 08:27

horace wrote:...expect howls of outrage from the spiv media as it dawns on the likes of the Parrot and the inky spiv press that the dubbers may no longer be guaraanteed selection on the basis of playing for the spivs

The Parrot is a Queenslander. And he hates Hildick.

JGK

Number of posts : 41790
Flag/Background : jnt

Back to top Go down

Post by Bradman Fri 08 Jul 2011, 08:39

JGK wrote:

Whoa! Back-up. Qlders grant and rescind status like the rest of Australia. Whilst you're a top bloke and doing good we claim you, a la Crowe and Gibson. If you're married to one of us we claim you then dump you when you fark the poor girl over, a la Tom Cruise. The exception to this is the Territory who will claim anyone as a Territorian regard of notoriety as long as they spent 5 minutes changing planes at Darwin airport, a la David Hicks and Damien Martyn.

The Parrot is excluded from being a QLDer for displaying quntish, spivlike behaviour and we don't want the plagiarising, lying, kiddy botherer ever claiming residency north of the Tweed or even moving anywhere closer than Byron Bay.
Bradman
Bradman

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Fri 08 Jul 2011, 08:40

horace wrote:don't care remotely who plays for Oz so long as we are competitive...be they vix, barrells, tozzies or jupiter forbid - the worriers, spis or banjos....any measure that moves us away from selecting players simply because they have been bigged up by the Parrot and his like in the inky spiv press is a step in the right direction (fwiw I support the ditching of mytyt from the jamodi team - given his lack of decent performance over a long period)
Sort of at odds with your constant bleating about spiv players, no, h?
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Fri 08 Jul 2011, 08:42

not at all S...I have always supported selection of various spiv players whose form warranted selection
horace
horace

Back to top Go down

Post by JGK Fri 08 Jul 2011, 08:43

Bradman wrote:
JGK wrote:

Whoa! Back-up. Qlders grant and rescind status like the rest of Australia. Whilst you're a top bloke and doing good we claim you, a la Crowe and Gibson. If you're married to one of us we claim you then dump you when you fark the poor girl over, a la Tom Cruise. The exception to this is the Territory who will claim anyone as a Territorian regard of notoriety as long as they spent 5 minutes changing planes at Darwin airport, a la David Hicks and Damien Martyn.

The Parrot is excluded from being a QLDer for displaying quntish, spivlike behaviour and we don't want the plagiarising, lying, kiddy botherer ever claiming residency north of the Tweed or even moving anywhere closer than Byron Bay.

Early life

Jones was born and raised on a dairy farm near Oakey in south-east Queensland, and attended primary school at Acland state school,[11] before attending Toowoomba Grammar School as a boarder.

After leaving school, he trained as a teacher at the Kelvin Grove Teachers College (now part of the Queensland University of Technology) in Brisbane. After this training, in 1961 he taught first at a state primary school, then in 1963 won a position at the Brisbane Grammar School for boys. He was studying part-time at the University of Queensland for a Bachelor of Arts degree, which he was awarded in 1969.

JGK

Number of posts : 41790
Flag/Background : jnt

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Fri 08 Jul 2011, 08:46

No wonder Gloria is mad as a cut snake. He's a Banjo roob.

You know it makes sense. Twisted Evil
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by Bradman Fri 08 Jul 2011, 08:47

JGK wrote:
Bradman wrote:
JGK wrote:

Early life

Jones was born and raised on a dairy farm near Oakey in south-east Queensland, and attended primary school at Acland state school,[11] before attending Toowoomba Grammar School as a boarder.

After leaving school, he trained as a teacher at the Kelvin Grove Teachers College (now part of the Queensland University of Technology) in Brisbane. After this training, in 1961 he taught first at a state primary school, then in 1963 won a position at the Brisbane Grammar School for boys. He was studying part-time at the University of Queensland for a Bachelor of Arts degree, which he was awarded in 1969.

I was fully aware iof his background. My point was he can stay in spivcentral and nevr come back. He is not a Qlder. We disowned him. I'm not even sure his radio show was ever syndicated here. I know Laws was at one stage.
Bradman
Bradman

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Fri 08 Jul 2011, 08:48

S do you think the Parrot's squawking about the carbon tax assists the mad monk or detracts from the cause?
horace
horace

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Fri 08 Jul 2011, 08:48

"We disowned him" [snigger]

Once a Banjo, always a Banjo. Cool
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Fri 08 Jul 2011, 08:51

horace wrote:S do you think the Parrot's squawking about the carbon tax assists the mad monk or detracts from the cause?
Can't comment, h. I never listen to him. Can't stand the mincer.

But if it's anywhere near the pasting that Bolts (who is on after him) gives the Vulture et. al. then I would say it assists MM, given that the listenership of GB is massive in numbers, and has been for some time. And I'm pretty sure both Gloria and Bolts are syndicated across all civilised parts of Aus. That excludes Qld obviously. Twisted Evil
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by Bradman Fri 08 Jul 2011, 08:52

skully wrote:No wonder Gloria is mad as a cut snake. He's a Banjo roob.

You know it makes sense. Twisted Evil

Mixing up your sports broadcasters/players? Anyway I believe he only started to run off the rails once he was exposed to Spiville. Let's face it he couldn't get much action in QLD in the sixties, seventies or eightees unless he was friendly with a few state cabinet ministers.
Bradman
Bradman

Back to top Go down

Post by LeFromage Fri 08 Jul 2011, 08:53

You do know Bacchus was insistent that Chris Read (ave. 18.94) was England's best option as wicket-keeper-batsman over Matt Prior (ave. 42.98) and got the hump with the selection panel when they wouldn't indulge him?

Chairman of selectors? Good luck with that...
LeFromage
LeFromage

Number of posts : 26195
Registration date : 2007-08-03
Flag/Background : fra

http://www.flamingbails.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Fri 08 Jul 2011, 08:56

no-one could possibly be worse than Hildy other than his father in law
horace
horace

Back to top Go down

Post by Bradman Fri 08 Jul 2011, 08:57

skully wrote:
horace wrote:S do you think the Parrot's squawking about the carbon tax assists the mad monk or detracts from the cause?
Can't comment, h. I never listen to him. Can't stand the mincer.

But if it's anywhere near the pasting that Bolts (who is on after him) gives the Vulture et. al. then I would say it assists MM, given that the listenership of GB is massive in numbers, and has been for some time. And I'm pretty sure both Gloria and Bolts are syndicated across all civilised parts of Aus. That excludes Qld obviously. Twisted Evil

Well as you admit to detesting the guy and hang sh!t on him regularly (one of your few redeeming features) it would therefore stand to reason that Regional QLD not syndicating him is proof that we may have more sense than the whingers out in the burbs "down Mexico way".
Bradman
Bradman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next