Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

No ABC broadcasting of India tests.

+11
taipan
Blackadder
Nath
The One
LeFromage
skully
tricycle
lardbucket
Brass Monkey
JGK
Red
15 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

No ABC broadcasting of India tests. - Page 2 Empty Re: No ABC broadcasting of India tests.

Post by JGK Tue 12 Feb 2013, 20:14

I wonder if the BCCI refused accreditation to Jim Maxwell because of what sky did with Atherton?

JGK

Number of posts : 41790
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : jnt

Back to top Go down

No ABC broadcasting of India tests. - Page 2 Empty Re: No ABC broadcasting of India tests.

Post by LeFromage Tue 12 Feb 2013, 20:23

JGK wrote:I wonder if the BCCI refused accreditation to Jim Maxwell because of what sky did with Atherton?

What did Sky do with Atherton? They didn't just leave him in the car park, did they? He's not been seen or heard from since the series...
LeFromage
LeFromage

Number of posts : 26195
Registration date : 2007-08-03
Flag/Background : fra

http://www.flamingbails.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Tue 12 Feb 2013, 22:51

no Taips am afraid I have to agree with Monkeh - not even the MCC came within a bulls roar of this...while J Maxwell is an abomination on the airwaves, the failure to grant him accreditation is appalling...I think the tour shd be called off immediately
horace
horace

Number of posts : 42573
Registration date : 2007-09-06
Flag/Background : ire

Back to top Go down

Post by The One Wed 13 Feb 2013, 05:10

Brass Monkey wrote:Years ago years ago. This is the problem - the Indian broadcasters paid extra, they shouldn't have to... They've bought the broadcasting rights, they shouldn't have to buy rights to produce their broadcast. The BCCI is a governing body yet they're acting entirely like a most unethical business. You don't give yourself much credence because your position is one and the same every time. This doesn't happen anywhere else. You're trying to tenuous occurrences of sort of similar things in the past as some sort of justification, which doesn't really work. Such media boycotts and hefty fines only happen when pretty amoral stuff is happening within an organisation.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2012/oct/29/bbc-test-match-special-india-deal

The England and Wales Cricket Board has been involved in the background but are anxious to maintain a low-key stance, partly because in this instance the BCCI seems to be receiving unfair criticism.

It is not signed any rights deals or contracts with Sky or the BBC, having sold global media rights to Indian cricket to Star TV, and are now acting as a production house. In the past, the TV channel that has owned the rights has also tended to control production, so such disputes have rarely arisen.

so the foreign broadcasters should either ask star to stump up the cash for them to secure extra studios/media rooms at the ground (if that is what their contract contains) or pay for the facilities they want themselves. you cant expect the bcci to set up extra studios along with all that entails for free

The One

Number of posts : 9035
Registration date : 2007-09-04
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

Post by The One Wed 13 Feb 2013, 05:11

JGK wrote:I wonder if the BCCI refused accreditation to Jim Maxwell because of what sky did with Atherton?

maxwell can do exactly what atherton did. he just cant report live from inside the ground without paying for the rights

The One

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry Wed 13 Feb 2013, 05:15

The good old BCCI, eh.

You'll find them in a thesaurus under 'Angry men with little dicks' syndrome.
Henry
Henry

Number of posts : 32891
Registration date : 2007-08-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Brass Monkey Wed 13 Feb 2013, 18:38

The One wrote:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2012/oct/29/bbc-test-match-special-india-deal

The England and Wales Cricket Board has been involved in the background but are anxious to maintain a low-key stance, partly because in this instance the BCCI seems to be receiving unfair criticism.

It is not signed any rights deals or contracts with Sky or the BBC, having sold global media rights to Indian cricket to Star TV, and are now acting as a production house. In the past, the TV channel that has owned the rights has also tended to control production, so such disputes have rarely arisen.

so the foreign broadcasters should either ask star to stump up the cash for them to secure extra studios/media rooms at the ground (if that is what their contract contains) or pay for the facilities they want themselves. you cant expect the bcci to set up extra studios along with all that entails for free

Because the Guardian says it, it's true? Of course they're allowed to do it - they own the production rights. It doesn't make it the right thing to do. I don't think a board should own anything in the media, it should be independant. If other TV companies don't want to pay through the nose, the BCCI can just peddle whatever slant they like on proceedings - there is no balance. From a neutral perspective, it's always better to have different views.

As I said previously, commission penalties and continuous photography blackouts don't happen to anyone but the most dictatorial of boards. I think I won't persuade you and vice versa, so I doubt this is worth continuing.
Brass Monkey
Brass Monkey

Number of posts : 44858
Registration date : 2007-09-02
Flag/Background : afg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjWhbVWj9wQ

Back to top Go down

Post by beamer Thu 14 Feb 2013, 18:15

No broadcasting, no DRS... No Australian team, if they've any sense and any consideration for the future of the game.

beamer

Number of posts : 15399
Registration date : 2007-09-03

Back to top Go down

Post by The One Thu 14 Feb 2013, 19:13

there is broadcasting. by fox. not abc

The One

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2