Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aus Federal Politics thread (IX)

+15
WideWally
baggygreen
Bradman
Red
taipan
Mick Sawyer
Allan D
horace
Paul Keating
G.Wood
lardbucket
embee
Big Dog
JGK
skully
19 posters

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40

Go down

Aus Federal Politics thread (IX) - Page 40 Empty Re: Aus Federal Politics thread (IX)

Post by skully Tue May 21, 2013 2:35 pm

JGK wrote:Meanwhile, stoopid biased ABC looks after its Tory mates yet again.

'Chocolate-box TV': Carlton blasts Hadley Oz Story 'travesty'

MATTHEW KNOTT
Crikey media journalist

Former talkback host Mike Carlton plans to lodge a formal complaint with the ABC over last night's Australian Story profile of 2GB star Ray Hadley.
Carlton, who was interviewed at length for the program, accuses Australian Story of misrepresenting him and presenting an unbalanced puff piece on the divisive shock jock.

"I was unethically and selectively edited in the most dodgy way and I intend to lodge a formal complaint with the ABC," a furious Carlton told Crikey this morning. "It was chocolate-box television -- all soft in the centre."

Carlton, who worked with Hadley at Sydney station 2UE, has also described the program as a "travesty", "disgrace" and "garbage" on Twitter.
Carlton says his strongest and most critical points about Hadley ended up on the cutting room floor.

"I said a lot of strong things about Hadley's behaviour on and off the air -- about his treatment of junior staff and his obsessive attacks on people like [Rob] Oakeshott and [Tony] Windsor," said Carlton, who pens a weekly left-wing column for The Sydney Morning Herald. "I described his program as a temple of hatred ... By selectively and deceptively editing me, they recruited me into his fan club."
Carlton says Australian Story should have found more critics of Hadley -- such as Oakeshott, whom Hadley has attacked on air, or former staff members -- to appear on the program.

"[2GB owner] John Singleton was given free rein to promote his most important commercial property," Carlton said. "If I was a presenter on ABC 702 I would be absolutely ropeable -- it was a 30-minute advertisement for a rival broadcaster."

Carlton says the argument that Australian Story is designed to humanise its subjects and tell their stories through their own eyes doesn't wash. "Their remit is to tell the truth and to not give only one side of the story to the ABC audience," he said.

Australian Story has not yet responded to Crikey's request for comment.
One Trick Pony strikes again with a Crikey quote.

Wow, could you be any more obsessed with Ray Hadley?? For one who claims to never listen to his show, you spend an awful lot of time sledging him. I'm guessing he won't be losing any sleep over your thoughts.
skully
skully

Number of posts : 105981
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : baggy

Back to top Go down

Aus Federal Politics thread (IX) - Page 40 Empty Re: Aus Federal Politics thread (IX)

Post by horace Tue May 21, 2013 3:21 pm

S - even you have to admit the possibility that you were hella funny in the aftermath of the last election
horace
horace

Number of posts : 42573
Registration date : 2007-09-06
Flag/Background : ire

Back to top Go down

Post by G.Wood Tue May 21, 2013 3:25 pm

I thought JGK was just taking the piss. I mean it started with

Meanwhile, stoopid biased ABC looks after its Tory mates yet again.

G.Wood
G.Wood

Number of posts : 12070
Registration date : 2007-09-07
Flag/Background : none

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Tue May 21, 2013 3:48 pm

skully is on SR bypass, esp when it comes to Bolts
horace
horace

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Tue May 21, 2013 3:54 pm

Politics is serious business, h. But when you have arseclowns running the show, it becomes terminal. Pinkos would fail at a meat raffle.
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Tue May 21, 2013 4:21 pm

hehehehe...better than raffling off the old lying little rodent

as for dills even Cozzie could not cope with ljh's profligacy at a time when no counter cyclical eco intervention was required...and the libs came up with the baby bonus and a myriad of re-elect us schemes..

prompt action by the feds protected the Oz economy from the worst of the GFC....if fascists had not been so profligate with their bribe to subscribe policies the bucket would have been better when ljh was thrown out
horace
horace

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Tue May 21, 2013 4:25 pm

Oz remains a funny joint and politics hilarious (if you like black humour)...look at nongs like Joyce, Bronny, Conroy, emerson, mad katter et al
horace
horace

Back to top Go down

Post by JGK Tue May 21, 2013 4:29 pm

I'm off to a dinner tonight where David Bradbury is the speaker. It's all about tax of course but I'll see if I can slide in a question as to what he'll be doing post September 14.

JGK

Number of posts : 41790
Flag/Background : jnt

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Tue May 21, 2013 4:32 pm

Also ask him why he doesn't display the word "Labor" on his campaign fliers and billboards.
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by JGK Tue May 21, 2013 4:33 pm

Wow, could you be any more obsessed with Ray Hadley?? For one who claims to never listen to his show, you spend an awful lot of time sledging him. I'm guessing he won't be losing any sleep over your thoughts.

I thought Gittins was my One Trick? Or is this some weird Tory maths?

JGK

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Tue May 21, 2013 4:41 pm

JGK wrote:

I thought Gittins was my One Trick? Or is this some weird Tory maths?

**chortle**

by the way I see most super funds are doing very well this year (17% for moderate risk type options)...the govt seems to be serving the capos pretty well at the mo
horace
horace

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Tue May 21, 2013 4:41 pm

I thought Gittins wrote for Crikey. Cool
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Tue May 21, 2013 4:43 pm

does Bolts write?
horace
horace

Back to top Go down

Post by JGK Tue May 21, 2013 4:45 pm

horace wrote:does Bolts write?

Only in CAPITALS.

JGK

Back to top Go down

Post by JGK Tue May 21, 2013 4:47 pm

skully wrote:Also ask him why he doesn't display the word "Labor" on his campaign fliers and billboards.

Ooh. That's a good one too.

And why he changed his name from Mustafa Ali Muhammed?

JGK

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Tue May 21, 2013 4:52 pm

boy am I happy I am out of Oz for the entire campaign and election day

-------

http://www.flamingbails.com/viewtopic.forum?t=13924
horace
horace

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40