Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aus Federal Politics thread (X)

+13
Hass
Paul Keating
Henry
Bradman
embee
lardbucket
Mick Sawyer
G.Wood
Big Dog
taipan
horace
skully
JGK
17 posters

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

Aus Federal Politics thread (X) - Page 2 Empty Re: Aus Federal Politics thread (X)

Post by Big Dog Wed 22 May 2013, 04:46

skully wrote:I have a couple of SP bookies living down the road - Patrick Fitzpaul and Paul Fitzpatrick.

Any relation to those two Scotsmen, Ben Doon & Phillip McCavity?
Big Dog
Big Dog

Number of posts : 16498
Registration date : 2007-09-05
Flag/Background : tig

http://bigdog.bigblog.com.au/index.do

Back to top Go down

Aus Federal Politics thread (X) - Page 2 Empty Re: Aus Federal Politics thread (X)

Post by skully Wed 22 May 2013, 05:11

Good mates. They like playing...er...Ambrose. Cool
skully
skully

Number of posts : 105969
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : baggy

Back to top Go down

Post by JGK Wed 22 May 2013, 07:05

Christopher Pyne stirring the pot:

Rudd set to challenge again: Pyne
Date
May 22, 2013 - 3:48PM

Opposition education spokesman Christopher Pyne says a Labor source has told him that Kevin Rudd is preparing to challenge for the Labor leadership in the next few weeks.

Senior Liberal frontbencher Christopher Pyne says a Labor source has told him Kevin Rudd will again challenge for the leadership in June.

Mr Rudd this week revealed he now supports gay marriage, having voted against it in parliament in 2012.

Mr Pyne told ABC radio on Wednesday the change of stance on gay marriage was a signal Mr Rudd intended to challenge Prime Minister Julia Gillard.

"My information from within the inside of the Labor Party is that (a challenge) is planned for June 3rd ... or the week of June 3rd," Mr Pyne said.

He said the same source had told him about Mr Rudd's change of heart on gay marriage two days before the former Labor leader went public in an essay on his blog.

Mr Pyne said Mr Rudd also planned to make another "interesting statement" on policy within the next two weeks, before launching his challenge.

He said he knew the topic of the statement, but would not reveal it.

On Tuesday, Mr Rudd rejected suggestions his new position on gay marriage had anything to do with the leadership.

Labor frontbencher Mark Butler said Mr Pyne's claim was "complete garbage".

"I have heard no such thing," Mr Butler said.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/opinion/political-news/rudd-set-to-challenge-again-pyne-20130522-2k0s2.html#ixzz2TzzK8gyD

JGK

Number of posts : 41790
Flag/Background : jnt

Back to top Go down

Post by lardbucket Wed 22 May 2013, 07:08

He couldn't possibly challenge again.

It's completely unfeasible. Shane Watson is more likely to score a triple century at Lords, supported by 200 from Ben Hilfenhaus, than KRudd is likely to make a comeback before the 2013 election.

What is feasible is that someone would leak this story to Pyne in the hope that he'd repeat it. A set-up, in other words.

lardbucket

Number of posts : 38112
Registration date : 2007-09-03

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Wed 22 May 2013, 07:41

Agree with lardy. A ridiculous notion that Krudd would have the hide to stick his bib in again.
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by embee Wed 22 May 2013, 12:20

Ruddiculous
embee
embee

Number of posts : 26215
Flag/Background : aus

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Wed 22 May 2013, 12:54

Has been from the printing of the first "Kevin 07" T-shirt. Nasty behind-the-scenes adviser to the top dog that failed dismally to make the transition to the top job. Qunt of a hooman bean who was found out for lack of talent. Foul tempers rarely work in the Lodge.
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Thu 23 May 2013, 03:04

Ford closing its Banksmeadow and Geelong manufacturing factories in 2016. Another wasted couple of hundred $mill by the Pinkos propping up a dead business. Manufacturing has been screwed under the Pinkos.
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by JGK Thu 23 May 2013, 03:48

skully wrote:Ford closing its Banksmeadow and Geelong manufacturing factories in 2016. Another wasted couple of hundred $mill by the Pinkos propping up a dead business. Manufacturing has been screwed under the Pinkos.

Indeed. By obtaining AAA ratings from all three credit ratings the AUD has been artificially high for a number of years because the rest of the world reckon it's a grouse place to invest.

JGK

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Thu 23 May 2013, 04:14

skully wrote:Ford closing its Banksmeadow and Geelong manufacturing factories in 2016. Another wasted couple of hundred $mill by the Pinkos propping up a dead business. Manufacturing has been screwed under the Pinkos.

Maybe it is simply because Ford is a shit car.
taipan
taipan

Number of posts : 48416
Flag/Background : saf

Back to top Go down

Post by Bradman Thu 23 May 2013, 06:53

skully wrote:
Bradman wrote:
JGK wrote:I've gone all Anakin...

Strap on the light saber k. You know skully goes even more rabidly feral than normal as an election draws near. If it wasn't so bad for the country I'd pray for another hung parliament and three weeks of a skullyshow I could sell tickets to.
I'm glad my views occupy so much of your thoughts, qmy. Methinks a life is required on your part, or another gin. drunken

I really object to the gin jokes. My preferred tipple is vodka in the afternoon and Irish Whisky at night. Though often the vodka has gin in it if it's a martini.
Bradman
Bradman

Number of posts : 17402
Registration date : 2008-08-13
Flag/Background : war

Back to top Go down

Post by G.Wood Thu 23 May 2013, 07:04

GAE would be turning in her grave
G.Wood
G.Wood

Number of posts : 12070
Registration date : 2007-09-06
Flag/Background : none

Back to top Go down

Post by Bradman Thu 23 May 2013, 07:08

G.Wood wrote:GAE would be turning in her grave

Says a man who said margerittas were a girls drink. Nothing wrong with a half dozen shots of 90 proof booze in the one glass.
Bradman
Bradman

Number of posts : 17402
Registration date : 2008-08-13
Flag/Background : war

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Thu 23 May 2013, 08:49

JGK wrote:

Indeed. By obtaining AAA ratings from all three credit ratings the AUD has been artificially high for a number of years because the rest of the world reckon it's a grouse place to invest.

By managing the nation's economy so poorly the Pinkos have everyone's confidence in the toilet, most notably the Reserve Bank. You know full well that the rating agencies put Aus on notice re: AAA rating because of the rapidly increasing level of debt. Pinkos: spend up big & never balance a budget, knowing they can always rely on the Blues to clean up their mess.
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by JGK Thu 23 May 2013, 08:53

AAA is AAA. And the AUD is not strong because the economy is sh1t.

I know you hate the fact but there it is.

JGK

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Dog Thu 23 May 2013, 08:57

JGK wrote:AAA is AAA. And the AUD is not strong because the economy is sh1t.

The OZ is still riding on the back of the resources boom. It has fark all to do with Government policy.
Big Dog
Big Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by JGK Thu 23 May 2013, 09:04

Big Dog wrote:

The OZ is still riding on the back of the resources boom. It has fark all to do with Government policy.

So Ford is closing down because of Gina then?

JGK

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Dog Thu 23 May 2013, 09:07

JGK wrote:
Big Dog wrote:

No..as Taips said, Ford make shit cars. Twisted Evil
Big Dog
Big Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by JGK Thu 23 May 2013, 09:07

Peter Slipper today on being charged with fraud:

"I had intended to make a more comprehensive statement today, but on legal advice, that I'm paying for, unlike Tony Abbott who is receiving pro bono assistance from [a legal firm], I'm not able to say anything further."

Read more: http://www.canberratimes.com.au/act-news/peter-slipper-faces-trial-in-december-20130523-2k2f3.html#ixzz2U6Kdcot9

JGK

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Dog Thu 23 May 2013, 09:10

JGK wrote:Peter Slipper today on being charged with fraud:

"I had intended to make a more comprehensive statement today, but on legal advice, that I'm paying for, unlike Tony Abbott who is receiving pro bono assistance from [a legal firm], I'm not able to say anything further."

Read more: http://www.canberratimes.com.au/act-news/peter-slipper-faces-trial-in-december-20130523-2k2f3.html#ixzz2U6Kdcot9

Jeez he's a grub.
Big Dog
Big Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Thu 23 May 2013, 09:19

Big Dog wrote:
JGK wrote:
Big Dog wrote:

No..as Taips said, Ford make shit cars. Twisted Evil

So who does drive a Ford? Skully?
taipan
taipan

Back to top Go down

Post by JGK Thu 23 May 2013, 09:23

I think skully is a Ford man.

I wonder what is going to happen to V8 Supercars come 2017?

JGK

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Thu 23 May 2013, 09:28

JGK wrote:I think skully is a Ford man.

I wonder what is going to happen to V8 Supercars come 2017?

I thought he might be.
taipan
taipan

Back to top Go down

Post by lardbucket Thu 23 May 2013, 09:28

Holdens will still win.

lardbucket

Number of posts : 38112

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Thu 23 May 2013, 09:39

I know you hate the fact that your KPIs mean nothing to the average punters. Pinkos are farked, and will get the arse come September.
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next