Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

It's the end of the world as we know it.

3 posters

Go down

It's the end of the world as we know it. Empty It's the end of the world as we know it.

Post by taipan Sat Aug 10, 2013 5:12 pm

Cricinfo anyway.

Link
taipan
taipan

Number of posts : 48416
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : saf

Back to top Go down

It's the end of the world as we know it. Empty Re: It's the end of the world as we know it.

Post by lardbucket Sat Aug 10, 2013 7:19 pm

He was basically right though.

lardbucket

Number of posts : 38104
Registration date : 2007-09-04
Flag/Background : baggy

Back to top Go down

It's the end of the world as we know it. Empty Re: It's the end of the world as we know it.

Post by lardbucket Sat Aug 10, 2013 7:23 pm

>>>

Bowling strength is trickier to measure because there is no fixed quota for each bowler, like there is for batsmen. A bowler can bowl as many overs as the captain would like him to, whereas a batsman can only bat twice in a Test. Not all 11 players are required to bowl, while all 11 players bat.

<<<

... classic; word-rich, information-sparse yet densely serious kartikeyan

lardbucket

Number of posts : 38104
Registration date : 2007-09-04
Flag/Background : baggy

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Sat Aug 10, 2013 7:26 pm

The converse is that most batsmen don't bat the number of overs as the captain would like him to.
taipan
taipan

Back to top Go down

Post by Neil D Sat Aug 10, 2013 7:30 pm

It that him? That Karti guy who who used to make stupid predictions, get them wrong then still claim he was right?

"I predicted that Vaughan would get out for less than 20. He made 177, so I was basically right."
Neil D
Neil D

Number of posts : 665
Registration date : 2007-09-01
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Sat Aug 10, 2013 7:31 pm

Neil D wrote:It that him?  That Karti guy who who used to make stupid predictions, get them wrong then still claim he was right?

"I predicted that Vaughan would get out for less than 20.  He made 177, so I was basically right."
The same.
taipan
taipan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down