Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

England player ratings

+15
PeterCS
furriner
Bradman
Gary 111
OP Tipping
Brass Monkey
beamer
Red
Basil
LeFromage
JGK
skully
Paul Keating
taipan
Henry
19 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

England player ratings - Page 3 Empty Re: England player ratings

Post by Red Mon 06 Jan 2014, 13:13

Captain Cook is determined to keep his hand on the reins. Wonder what significant change there will be. Swann and possibly Trott are gone for good but some of the other luminaries may depart too.
Red
Red

Number of posts : 17071
Registration date : 2007-10-28
Flag/Background : baggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Bradman Mon 06 Jan 2014, 13:16

tricycle wrote:Fair enough, the batting has been crap for a while, so that wasn't inexplicable, although the meekness was surprising. The bowling, otoh, and losing their way after every counterattack by Haddin/Smith. Guess they can be excused one bad series. Still expected England to take this series, 2-1 or more...  maybe I was underrating an Australian team at home, but their top order's struggles suggest that they still aren't that great, certainly not 5-0, maybe not even convincing series winners.

And how much of the limp surrender was mental? A lot of it, imo. Good time not to be in English cricket...

Bingo! Had not the tail wagged Cook's captaincy issues may have not been exposed. You might not be having these now necessary conversations if it had even been a tight loss.
Bradman
Bradman

Number of posts : 17402
Registration date : 2008-08-13
Flag/Background : war

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Mon 06 Jan 2014, 13:26

furriner wrote:
Brass Monkey wrote:Ratings? F*ck ratings. Do you search for the little good bits of poo in your diarrhoea?

Probably the most memorable line I have read on this forum, perhaps even online, but I wish to god I could forget it.

So why haven't you golded it?
taipan
taipan

Number of posts : 48416
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : saf

Back to top Go down

Post by tricycle Mon 06 Jan 2014, 13:29

Brass Monkey wrote:It was apparently what we've bred though, isn't it? 'Mentally tough cricketers'. They couldn't have been more feeble if they tried. They were like a bunch of club cricketers, who'd never faced a half decent bowler before. Something has got to give. It had to give a year or more ago, when we fumbled around - now it's a definite. They cannot go on like this.

It can be telegraphed what will happen: heads will roll only AFTER India tank the shit out of us. Another wasted 8 months not doing something we should've done before.
Yeah, was a case of media platitudes if so.

Who were the tough cricketers? Prior to the series, I'd have said Trott, Prior and Cook mainly with Broad too (with Cook being more a person to concentrate for days when on form rather than gutsy). One had health issues, and the other two's form.... wonder if that had an effect on the rest of the squad too.

As for the India series, of course I'd rate our chances more now, but England have still been good at home. The pitches and conditions will definitely suit the English bowling.

tricycle

Number of posts : 13349
Registration date : 2011-12-17
Flag/Background : none

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlin Mon 06 Jan 2014, 13:52

It appears that Monty was not successful in luring a Seppo backpacking chick - via a social network - to his hotel room for some rumpy-pumpy after the Melbourne test loss.

However, the "same source" alleges that a couple of his England team mates have scored (no, no on the field) successfully all tour via the app. Tinder, which facilitates meeting viable (and presumably agreeable to a shag) partners in the user's surrounding area.

FMD. Apps for picking up chics  . . .
Whatever happened to the bar-room one liner after a few tots - 'ere luv, you wanna shag tonight? Hic.

Merlin

Number of posts : 14718
Registration date : 2007-09-05
Flag/Background : afg

Back to top Go down

Post by Brass Monkey Mon 06 Jan 2014, 13:57

They probably only wanted the participants to stroke their heads whilst they gently sobbed in the foetal position.
Brass Monkey
Brass Monkey

Number of posts : 44858
Registration date : 2007-09-02

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjWhbVWj9wQ

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Mon 06 Jan 2014, 13:59

Merlin wrote:It appears that Monty was not successful in luring a Seppo backpacking chick - via a social network - to his hotel room for some rumpy-pumpy after the Melbourne test loss.

However, the "same source" alleges that a couple of his England team mates have scored (no, no on the field) successfully all tour via the app. Tinder, which facilitates meeting viable (and presumably agreeable to a shag) partners in the user's surrounding area.

FMD. Apps for picking up chics  . . .
Whatever happened to the bar-room one liner after a few tots - 'ere luv, you wanna shag tonight? Hic.

This going to hurt Skully.
taipan
taipan

Number of posts : 48416
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : saf

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterCS Mon 06 Jan 2014, 14:32

The consolation/frustration shag - perhaps the most tragic shag of all that does not involve a goat or sock.
PeterCS
PeterCS

Number of posts : 43743
Registration date : 2008-05-23
Flag/Background : ire

Back to top Go down

Post by tricycle Mon 06 Jan 2014, 14:43

How did they keep their libido up? They were f*cked all winter (or summer).

tricycle

Number of posts : 13349
Registration date : 2011-12-17
Flag/Background : none

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlin Mon 06 Jan 2014, 15:07

PeterCS wrote:The consolation/frustration shag - perhaps the most tragic shag of all that does not involve a goat or sock.
Thanks tac . . . most informative.

Merlin

Number of posts : 14718
Registration date : 2007-09-05

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterCS Mon 06 Jan 2014, 15:45

The real point I was trying to suggest is that shagging around is not necessarily a sign of hubris.
PeterCS
PeterCS

Back to top Go down

Post by Anthony_Gonzales Mon 06 Jan 2014, 18:12

I thought women were supposed to throw themselves at sportsmen. Have the English cricketers become that irrelevant that the poor guys need to use apps....

Anthony_Gonzales

Number of posts : 635
Registration date : 2012-12-15
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

Post by beamer Mon 06 Jan 2014, 18:45

Brass Monkey wrote:It was apparently what we've bred though, isn't it? 'Mentally tough cricketers'. They couldn't have been more feeble if they tried. They were like a bunch of club cricketers, who'd never faced a half decent bowler before. Something has got to give. It had to give a year or more ago, when we fumbled around - now it's a definite. They cannot go on like this.

It can be telegraphed what will happen: heads will roll only AFTER India tank the shit out of us. Another wasted 8 months not doing something we should've done before.
Then we will have to endure the Giles era for a year or two before starting to regroup, how many promising careers will be ruined by then? Hopefully another captain's mutiny will make that as short as Moores' reign.

beamer

Number of posts : 15399
Registration date : 2007-09-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Brass Monkey Mon 06 Jan 2014, 20:48

One position in particular that I reckon should be changed... it would be wise to let the dust settle for a month or whatever, I reckon. Until they've got a viable option that they can change to.
Brass Monkey
Brass Monkey

Number of posts : 44858
Registration date : 2007-09-02

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjWhbVWj9wQ

Back to top Go down

Post by Basil Mon 06 Jan 2014, 20:58

Brass Monkey wrote:One position in particular that I reckon should be changed... it would be wise to let the dust settle for a month or whatever, I reckon. Until they've got a viable option that they can change to.

Nail and head.

There is a need for everything about the tour to be reviewed - not in a sense of finger-pointing and offering up a sacrificial lamb, but it should be an opportunity to identify when things went wrong and why.
Basil
Basil

Number of posts : 15936
Registration date : 2007-09-03

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterCS Mon 06 Jan 2014, 21:02

England player rantings

Carberry - f*&^(*!

Bell - f*&^^ f^!!%$£!!

Pietersen - f+)!!f"ff"!"£!!

Root - f*&^%$?>!!

Swann - f)!("*£ffff ffff$£"! f(("!!!

Cook - f(*&"!?><(*^% but had a couple of decent bats.

Bresnan - words f&^%$$£$ f!"£$% me!!!!!

Panesar - f()~@{}+_!

Prior - f!"£++}~@?>!!

Bairstow - f*!*£$%$%%¬! but kept tidily enough

Rankin - FF%(£%^£(%*£(*_!!!!!!!!!!! f!£*$E("£*("*¬¬¬¬¬¬¬!!!
PeterCS
PeterCS

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterCS Mon 06 Jan 2014, 21:10

Basil wrote:
Brass Monkey wrote:One position in particular that I reckon should be changed... it would be wise to let the dust settle for a month or whatever, I reckon. Until they've got a viable option that they can change to.

Nail and head.

There is a need for everything about the tour to be reviewed - not  in a sense of finger-pointing and offering up a sacrificial lamb, but it should be an opportunity to identify when things went wrong and why.

True that point about calm reflection instead of headless hysteria. But you could argue against procrastination. We already know it's got a lot to do with: 1) batting stagnation and decay, 2) overall direction, 3) skipper paralysis, so why extend the misery with more of the same, followed by the certain coronation of the by then even more firmly installed establishment choice, the Misnamed King of Spin?

While the iron is still hot, the interview room for this or the other key position might not be as much of a whitewashed shambles as the recent ECB exonerations of everyone named.
PeterCS
PeterCS

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3