Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anyway, on to the ODIs, where we'll be much bet... oh shit

+7
horace
Gary 111
beamer
Brass Monkey
Basil
Paul Keating
LeFromage
11 posters

Go down

Anyway, on to the ODIs, where we'll be much bet... oh shit Empty Anyway, on to the ODIs, where we'll be much bet... oh shit

Post by LeFromage Sun 05 Jan 2014, 11:04

England ODI squad: Alastair Cook (captain), Gary Ballance, Ian Bell, Ravi Bopara, Tim Bresnan, Danny Briggs, Stuart Broad, Jos Buttler, Michael Carberry, Steve Finn, Chris Jordan, Eoin Morgan, Boyd Rankin, Joe Root, Ben Stokes, James Tredwell.

England Twenty20 squad: Stuart Broad (captain), Ravi Bopara, Tim Bresnan, Danny Briggs, Jos Buttler, Jade Dernbach, Steve Finn, Alex Hales, Michael Lumb, Eoin Morgan, Boyd Rankin, Joe Root, Ben Stokes, James Tredwell, Luke Wright.

What's that, then?

Cook*
Carberry
Bell
Morgan
Bopara
Stokes
Buttler +
Broad
Jordan
Finn
Briggs

Actually, apart from the batting and much of the bowling, that doesn't look too bad. I can see England scraping a no result somewhere, if the weather doesn't hold up.
LeFromage
LeFromage

Number of posts : 26195
Registration date : 2007-08-03
Flag/Background : fra

http://www.flamingbails.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Anyway, on to the ODIs, where we'll be much bet... oh shit Empty Re: Anyway, on to the ODIs, where we'll be much bet... oh shit

Post by Paul Keating Sun 05 Jan 2014, 11:05

What does Cook offer your ODI side?
Paul Keating
Paul Keating

Anyway, on to the ODIs, where we'll be much bet... oh shit Svlx7uN

Number of posts : 4663
Registration date : 2007-10-25
Flag/Background : wi

Back to top Go down

Anyway, on to the ODIs, where we'll be much bet... oh shit Empty Re: Anyway, on to the ODIs, where we'll be much bet... oh shit

Post by LeFromage Sun 05 Jan 2014, 11:07

What was I thinking - this is an Ashley Giles production.

Cook*
Carberry
Root
Bell
Morgan
Stokes
Buttler +
Bresnan
Broad
Tredwell
Rankin

That's a lot more steady.
LeFromage
LeFromage

Back to top Go down

Post by LeFromage Sun 05 Jan 2014, 11:08

Paul Keating wrote:What does Cook offer your ODI side?

Blow jobs.

Keeps his captaincy from ever being under threat. And also maintains his youthful complexion.
LeFromage
LeFromage

Back to top Go down

Post by Basil Sun 05 Jan 2014, 11:10

I'd send Cook and Bell home as they look totally buggered in mind if not body, and send for Sam Robson and Moeen Ali. It wouldn't hurt to have a look at them. Sadly I don't think either of them are Warwickshire enough for Gilo.
Basil
Basil

Number of posts : 15936
Registration date : 2007-09-03
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

Post by Brass Monkey Sun 05 Jan 2014, 11:11

Oh no. I'll be so gutted when we get tanked in the limited overs shit. I remember the last 5-0 Test hammering... we won some shitty triangular tournament... I was awash with joy.
Brass Monkey
Brass Monkey

Number of posts : 44858
Registration date : 2007-09-02
Flag/Background : afg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjWhbVWj9wQ

Back to top Go down

Post by beamer Sun 05 Jan 2014, 11:12

I'd send the whole lot home and say why bother...

beamer

Number of posts : 15399

Back to top Go down

Post by Gary 111 Sun 05 Jan 2014, 13:34

Brass Monkey wrote:Oh no. I'll be so gutted when we get tanked in the limited overs shit. I remember the last 5-0 Test hammering... we won some shitty triangular tournament... I was awash with joy.

Lets give Paul Nixon the call again. Plus reverting to an old crocked captain did the trick so Strauss and/or Flintoff should keep their phones switched on.
Gary 111
Gary 111

Number of posts : 5717

http://www.flamingbails.com

Back to top Go down

Post by beamer Sun 05 Jan 2014, 13:43

Ed Joyce anyone? May as well stop him playing against us for Ireland again... he was the star of that Oz/Snz SODIT in '07 wasn't he?

beamer

Number of posts : 15399

Back to top Go down

Post by LeFromage Mon 06 Jan 2014, 01:46

Ashley Giles has added Chris Woakes to the ODI party.

Of course he has.

Of course.
LeFromage
LeFromage

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Mon 06 Jan 2014, 02:03

...looks a rivetting series
horace
horace

Number of posts : 42573
Registration date : 2007-09-06
Flag/Background : ire

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Mon 06 Jan 2014, 02:35

Puke Shite no chance of a call up? He's doing OK in the Massive Wank.
skully
skully

Number of posts : 105885
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : baggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry Mon 06 Jan 2014, 04:07

Dello wrote:Ashley Giles has added Chris Woakes to the ODI party.

Of course he has.

Of course.

Good. The sooner everyone realises Giles is out of his depth as an international coach, the sooner the ECB will realise he shouldn't be the next England test coach.

I hope we lose 0-5.
Henry
Henry

Number of posts : 32891

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Mon 06 Jan 2014, 04:11

...no you don't Henry...you'll be cheering every run scored by your mob and every wicket they take...you just know the future of English cricket will soon be in the wise and dextrous hands of Giles as coach and I Ron Belf as captain

Last edited by horace on Mon 06 Jan 2014, 04:17; edited 1 time in total
horace
horace

Number of posts : 42573
Registration date : 2007-09-06
Flag/Background : ire

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Mon 06 Jan 2014, 04:15

skully wrote:Puke Shite no chance of a call up? He's doing OK in the Massive Wank.

Nevermind - missed his name in the England Clown Cricket squad.
skully
skully

Number of posts : 105885
Flag/Background : baggy

Back to top Go down

Post by LeFromage Wed 08 Jan 2014, 22:48

Dougie Brown thinks England might've missed a trick not picking Chris Woakes in the Ashes party. For reals.

"He could've been the sort to make a difference. He's got that determination. He's got the sort of balls that too many of the players haven't shown this winter."

If only he'd bowled some of those "sort of balls" during his previous useless outings for England, he might have made the squad.

"And who's to say he might not have made the same sort of impact that Ben Stokes has had?"

Me. He wouldn't have. Because he's shit.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/cricket/25644470

LeFromage
LeFromage

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry Wed 08 Jan 2014, 22:52

And he's not even a one day cricketer, yet that's the form of the game England play him in the most. Look at his List A stats, for goodness sake!

England have already found their batting all rounder in Stokes. They certainly don't need a poorer version in Woakes.
Henry
Henry

Number of posts : 32891

Back to top Go down

Post by Basil Thu 09 Jan 2014, 00:33

Henry wrote:And he's not even a one day cricketer, yet that's the form of the game England play him in the most. Look at his List A stats, for goodness sake!

England have already found their batting all rounder in Stokes. They certainly don't need a poorer version in Woakes.

Woakes is a poorer version of David Capel or Mark Eahlam (or is it Ealham) - anyway, some useless Kent allrounder.
Basil
Basil

Number of posts : 15936

Back to top Go down

Post by holcs Thu 09 Jan 2014, 08:51

Any side that is coached by Giles inherently makes me want them to lose!

A useless coach and a damn poor selector too! Hardly the creative mind we need in the setup!

I don't want to see Cook and Bell play, leave me out and throw in the youngsters, no coaching, no beating them out of their natural games, and see what they can do!
holcs
holcs

Number of posts : 5481
Registration date : 2007-09-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Brass Monkey Thu 09 Jan 2014, 09:32

Must admit, I usually CGAF about England's ODI results, but this time I almost want them to lose. Ashley Giles isn't the messiah and we need some comprehensive losses for the ECB to see this.
Brass Monkey
Brass Monkey

Number of posts : 44858
Flag/Background : afg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjWhbVWj9wQ

Back to top Go down

Post by LeFromage Thu 09 Jan 2014, 09:37

Don't worry about it - they will lose. Heavily. Australia will score 300+ in every game that they bat first in, and England will never exceed the 260-280 range that their analysts have concluded is a winning score in over 50% of ODIs played since the beginning of time and therefore the only target worth aiming for (having blocked out the first 35 overs, keeping wickets in hand for a late thrash).
LeFromage
LeFromage

Back to top Go down

Post by Anthony_Gonzales Thu 09 Jan 2014, 23:58

I see England ranked 3rd in odis.

Anthony_Gonzales

Number of posts : 635
Registration date : 2012-12-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down