Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

OT: Favourite Current Television Programme?

+21
Basil
Merlin
Paul Keating
Henry
G.Wood
lardbucket
PeterCS
Anthony_Gonzales
The One
JGK
Lara Lara Laughs
Big Dog
tricycle
taipan
horace
embee
Brass Monkey
furriner
spangler
skully
LeFromage
25 posters

Page 17 of 22 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 22  Next

Go down

OT: Favourite Current Television Programme? - Page 17 Empty Re: OT: Favourite Current Television Programme?

Post by taipan Thu 25 Feb 2016, 13:44

vilkrang wrote:Not getting enjoyment where millions of others have?

I guess if you prefer bitterness to enjoying something then you're right, no loss, to you.

No, just thinking you don't know enough about me to judge whether i am missing something or not. You will note I didn't generalize about your likes or dislikes. I don't think saying something isn't particularly funny is overly bitter.
taipan
taipan

Number of posts : 48416
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : saf

Back to top Go down

OT: Favourite Current Television Programme? - Page 17 Empty Re: OT: Favourite Current Television Programme?

Post by Guest Thu 25 Feb 2016, 13:51

taipan wrote:
vilkrang wrote:Not getting enjoyment where millions of others have?

I guess if you prefer bitterness to enjoying something then you're right, no loss, to you.

No, just thinking you don't know enough about me to judge whether i am missing something or not. You will note I didn't generalize about your likes or dislikes. I don't think saying something isn't particularly funny is overly bitter.
I'd apply the same logic to myself. Downton Abbey doesn't appeal one iota to me but millions love it, therefore they're getting enjoyment in an area where I'm not, so I'm losing out on that.

Although I suppose if you introduce opportunity costs it can get a bit muddled, if I'm enjoying other things more than they are enjoying a show all about how great toffs are (I admit I've never seen an episode if there are any fans on here) then I guess it is no loss.

Fair f*cks, I guess, different strokes etc.

Back to top Go down

Post by tricycle Thu 25 Feb 2016, 15:49

Imo, Downtown Abbey is just Bold and the Beautiful set in the 1910s.

tricycle

Number of posts : 13349
Registration date : 2011-12-17
Flag/Background : none

Back to top Go down

Post by Brass Monkey Thu 25 Feb 2016, 16:04

Downton Abbey is a reflection of Smurf art, through the eyes of a blind man whose nostrils are filled up with gravy, sitting in a gastro pub, listening to Bill Oddie's quirky reflections on ornithology.

The underlying theme is the pain of unrequited love, mixed in with a bit o' slapstick.
Brass Monkey
Brass Monkey

Number of posts : 44858
Registration date : 2007-09-02
Flag/Background : afg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjWhbVWj9wQ

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Thu 25 Feb 2016, 17:47

Brass Monkey wrote:Downton Abbey is a reflection of Smurf art, through the eyes of a blind man whose nostrils are filled up with gravy, sitting in a gastro pub, listening to Bill Oddie's quirky reflections on ornithology.

The underlying theme is the pain of unrequited love, mixed in with a bit o' slapstick.

And yeah, I love it. The wife and I watch it normally on a Sunday night when we don't want to engage brains too fully. Low key ending to a weekend before the shit starts on a Monday morning.

So bite me.
taipan
taipan

Back to top Go down

Post by Brass Monkey Thu 25 Feb 2016, 18:03

taipan wrote:
Brass Monkey wrote:Downton Abbey is a reflection of Smurf art, through the eyes of a blind man whose nostrils are filled up with gravy, sitting in a gastro pub, listening to Bill Oddie's quirky reflections on ornithology.

And yeah, I love it. The wife and I watch it normally on a Sunday night when we don't want to engage brains too fully. Low key ending to a weekend before the shit starts on a Monday morning.

So bite me.

Bite you? That's a bit abstract. You could've been more abstract by saying 'so cornflake me' though.
Brass Monkey
Brass Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Thu 25 Feb 2016, 18:08

Brass Monkey wrote:
taipan wrote:

So bite me.

Bite you? That's a bit abstract. You could've been more abstract by saying 'so cornflake me' though.

The wife has diabetes so no sugar allowed.
taipan
taipan

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Thu 25 Feb 2016, 20:02

taipan wrote:

So bite me.

Hehehe. Do you clean your collection of pith helmets while watching?
horace
horace

Number of posts : 42573
Registration date : 2007-09-06
Flag/Background : ire

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 25 Feb 2016, 21:01

For the record I plucked Downton Abbey out of the air, could have been any show I don't watch, had no idea you watched it taips so it wasn't a (intended) barb directed at you  Laughing .

Back to top Go down

Post by Brass Monkey Thu 25 Feb 2016, 21:07

Ha! I thought it was a thing you had.

Although my comment was nothing to do with anything that had been written. Apart from maybe spangler.

Either way, a bibble was not given
Brass Monkey
Brass Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 26 Feb 2016, 11:14

Haven't even seen an episode so can't really comment other than hearsay (have we covered hearsay before?).

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 26 Feb 2016, 11:36

Nor have I but I did bother to watch the ulcer scene Twisted Evil

As I didn't watch any of the rest of it, I can't say whether it was out of place or not.

But it was clearly massively out of place and odd.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lara Lara Laughs Mon 29 Feb 2016, 20:11

Better Call Saul is brilliant again.
Lara Lara Laughs
Lara Lara Laughs

Number of posts : 8943
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 08 Mar 2016, 08:53

Lara Lara Laughs wrote:Better Call Saul is brilliant again.
I love it so much, I might save today's episode for a few days so I don't have to wait a week. The drip feeding of episodes is killing me.

Anyway, did anyone watch House of Cards season 4 yet? I was tempted to stop watching after the lacklustre season 3 but glad I gave 4 a go, the second half of the season in particular is mad as always but very entertaining. Season 3 felt too much like The West Wing (aside from crazy Doug) but this feels like the best season since the 1st.

Best finale of all of the seasons, they somehow managed to cram about 5 major plotlines in to the same episode (they could easily have dropped 3 or even 4 and it still would have been exciting) and made it work somehow.

At one point in the season I was worried that they'd made Doug in to some sort of moral crusader but in the end he doesn't fail to deliver Laughing .

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Tue 08 Mar 2016, 10:35

vilkrang wrote:Anyway, did anyone watch House of Cards season 4 yet?

Bob* acquired the 13 eps for me today. I'm looking forward to working my way through them.
skully
skully

Number of posts : 105884
Flag/Background : baggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 08 Mar 2016, 11:12

Be interested to hear your thoughts, as I said I think it's the best one since the first season (particularly the second half).

Back to top Go down

Post by Lara Lara Laughs Tue 08 Mar 2016, 12:53

vilkrang wrote:
Lara Lara Laughs wrote:Better Call Saul is brilliant again.
I love it so much, I might save today's episode for a few days so I don't have to wait a week. The drip feeding of episodes is killing me.

Sometimes, I even think I like it more than Breaking Bad. He's just such an interesting character and it's so well paced. It's just brilliant and I always want more at the end of each episode. You can see his flaws and how he is destined to always f*ck up because he's so eager to please everyone. And I'm wondering if Gus might make an appearance at the end of this season.
Lara Lara Laughs
Lara Lara Laughs

Number of posts : 8943

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Tue 08 Mar 2016, 12:57

Not a tv watcher, beyond cricket and other sport. Mrs H has been making me watch Jack Irish. Good fun albeit violent.
horace
horace

Back to top Go down

Post by embee Tue 08 Mar 2016, 14:34

Jack Irish is a cracking show , h

Watch out for Rake when it comes back
embee
embee

Number of posts : 26185
Registration date : 2007-09-03
Flag/Background : aus

Back to top Go down

Post by embee Tue 08 Mar 2016, 14:36

One of the three Fitzroy supporters has to be based on you and your desire to bring South Melbourne home
embee
embee

Number of posts : 26185
Registration date : 2007-09-03
Flag/Background : aus

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Tue 08 Mar 2016, 19:33

embee wrote:One of the three Fitzroy supporters has to be based on you and your desire to bring South Melbourne home

There are similarities. Really enjoy the pub scenes. The sculpture commissioning was a hoot.
horace
horace

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Wed 16 Mar 2016, 10:42

Anyone watching Billions?

Probably not the greatest series of all times, but has it's moments.
taipan
taipan

Back to top Go down

Post by Brass Monkey Wed 16 Mar 2016, 10:43

FINALLY got round to watching the first series of Better Call Saul.... Awesome. Just awesome.
Brass Monkey
Brass Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry Wed 16 Mar 2016, 10:55

I've found the people vs OJ Simpson a bit 'meh' so far (I've only watched the first two episodes.

The most entertaining part of it all so far has been the astonishing transformation of John Travolta's face. He now looks like Arnold Swarzenegger's long lost orange-skinned brother.
Henry
Henry

Number of posts : 32891

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Wed 16 Mar 2016, 21:27

Brass Monkey wrote:FINALLY got round to watching the first series of Better Call Saul.... Awesome. Just awesome.

Seconded, Dan. Brilliant writing. Love Michael McKean's role as Jimmy's electromagnetism hypersensitive older brother. And great to see Mike and Tuco again.
skully
skully

Number of posts : 105884
Flag/Background : baggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 22 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 22  Next