Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

OT: Favourite Current Television Programme?

+21
Basil
Merlin
Paul Keating
Henry
G.Wood
lardbucket
PeterCS
Anthony_Gonzales
The One
JGK
Lara Lara Laughs
Big Dog
tricycle
taipan
horace
embee
Brass Monkey
furriner
spangler
skully
LeFromage
25 posters

Page 16 of 22 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 22  Next

Go down

OT: Favourite Current Television Programme? - Page 16 Empty Re: OT: Favourite Current Television Programme?

Post by Lara Lara Laughs Wed 25 Nov 2015, 23:45

"You like blow jobs don't you Mark?"
"I'm trying to eat a fruit corner, Jeremy"

"Let's just sensitively shut her in"

"It's Moroccan, like my eye shadow"
"It's pasta, lettuce and beans"
"I hate to call you a racist at my dinner party but..."

Slayed me.
Lara Lara Laughs
Lara Lara Laughs

Number of posts : 8943
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

OT: Favourite Current Television Programme? - Page 16 Empty Re: OT: Favourite Current Television Programme?

Post by skully Wed 25 Nov 2015, 23:49

Dello wrote:
skully wrote:
Dello wrote:Are people really not watching Fargo? The latest episode (6) was about the best hour of TV (45 minutes) I've seen this year.

Is it as quirky as the first series? Still set in Minnesota, or a totally different story?

Set in the same place, in an earlier time period, featuring the younger version of Molly's dad - the ex-cop who ran the cafe in series one.

It's a crackerjack.  

Cheers D. Will give it a burl. Prolly DL the 10 eps at the end of the season and netflix the fark out of it.
skully
skully

Number of posts : 105931
Flag/Background : baggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Brass Monkey Thu 26 Nov 2015, 00:11

Lara Lara Laughs wrote:"You like blow jobs don't you Mark?"
"I'm trying to eat a fruit corner, Jeremy"

"Let's just sensitively shut her in"

"It's Moroccan, like my eye shadow"
"It's pasta, lettuce and beans"
"I hate to call you a racist at my dinner party but..."

Slayed me.

Laughing makes me almost cry that there's only three more ever.
Brass Monkey
Brass Monkey

Number of posts : 44858
Registration date : 2007-09-02
Flag/Background : afg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjWhbVWj9wQ

Back to top Go down

Post by LeFromage Thu 26 Nov 2015, 07:15

"Do you think it matters if I'm not young, dumb and full of cum?"

"Oh... uh, no... I mean, you're older and intelligent... and full of cum."

"Yeah? Except... I'm not that intelligent because I don't really understand almost any of what the news is about. And I'm not even certain that I'm full of cum."

"Oh, I'm sure... (How did I get here?) ... you're full of... cum." (puts Fruit Corner down on the table)

---

"That's not Nigella. That's not even Ainsley, mate."

---

"Stop actually rubbing my hands.

I like how Mark's lifetime of repression has started to fray horribly around the edges now and he's going for gold. Drawing on the Chedder in Biro was dementedly inspired.
LeFromage
LeFromage

Number of posts : 26195
Registration date : 2007-08-03
Flag/Background : fra

http://www.flamingbails.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by spangler Thu 26 Nov 2015, 08:06

He looks quite pretty with blue mascara.

spangler
spangler

OT: Favourite Current Television Programme? - Page 16 7EoDRAk

Number of posts : 2554
Registration date : 2007-09-04
Flag/Background : ind

Back to top Go down

Post by Lara Lara Laughs Thu 26 Nov 2015, 08:06

"Hello resentment my old friend, I've come to stoke you again".

I think because it's been off air for so long, everyone's forgotten how great it is.

Need to do a full re-watch. Each series only takes a few hours.
Lara Lara Laughs
Lara Lara Laughs

Back to top Go down

Post by Lara Lara Laughs Thu 26 Nov 2015, 08:08

"Did Jesus have a cat?" wasn't hilarious but it was the follow up line. "Just say if you don't know".
Lara Lara Laughs
Lara Lara Laughs

Back to top Go down

Post by LeFromage Thu 26 Nov 2015, 16:57

Lara Lara Laughs wrote:"Hello resentment my old friend, I've come to stoke you again".

I think because it's been off air for so long, everyone's forgotten how great it is.

Need to do a full re-watch. Each series only takes a few hours.

I don't remember the last couple of series being all that good. A little bit jaded and contractual obligation-y.

Seems like the time off - and writer Jesse Armstrong working on Veep, in America with Armando Iannucci, for a few years - has reinvigorated the show.

I don't want it to end now. They're just getting their second wind.
LeFromage
LeFromage

Number of posts : 26195
Registration date : 2007-08-03
Flag/Background : fra

http://www.flamingbails.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by JGK Fri 27 Nov 2015, 00:44

Has anyone watched Jessica Jones yet?

JGK

Number of posts : 41790
Flag/Background : jnt

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Fri 27 Nov 2015, 02:00

I see it stars Jesse Pinkman's late girlfriend from Breaking Bad. Looks worth a look.
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by Brass Monkey Wed 09 Dec 2015, 12:38

Yes.

http://metro.co.uk/2015/10/29/quiz-who-said-these-classic-peep-show-quotes-mark-or-jeremy-5469118/
Brass Monkey
Brass Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post by spangler Wed 09 Dec 2015, 13:45

Brass Monkey wrote:Yes.

http://metro.co.uk/2015/10/29/quiz-who-said-these-classic-peep-show-quotes-mark-or-jeremy-5469118/

9/10

it's like telling if a Beatles track is a Lennon or a McCartney
spangler
spangler

OT: Favourite Current Television Programme? - Page 16 7EoDRAk

Number of posts : 2554
Registration date : 2007-09-04
Flag/Background : ind

Back to top Go down

Post by Brass Monkey Wed 09 Dec 2015, 13:49

spangler wrote:
Brass Monkey wrote:Yes.

9/10

it's like telling if a Beatles track is a Lennon or a McCartney

Ish... I got f*cked over by a couple.

I think one of the best lines I've ever heard anyone say is:

'Frosties are just Cornflakes for people who can't face reality.'

Genius
Brass Monkey
Brass Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post by Brass Monkey Thu 10 Dec 2015, 09:56

"Butter the toast. Eat the toast. Shit the toast. Life is relentless."

Laughing Come on! Yeahhhhh
Brass Monkey
Brass Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post by Lara Lara Laughs Wed 16 Dec 2015, 18:19

10pm tonight. Last ever Peep Show. Will be emosh.
Lara Lara Laughs
Lara Lara Laughs

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Wed 24 Feb 2016, 09:31

Anyone catch the special 6 episode return of The X-Files? It was pretty damned good, and ended with an excellent cliff-hanger that could leave the way open for a full season return.

And I'm nearing the end of rewatching Breaking Bad on Foxy's FX. Simply a magnificent 5 season series.
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 24 Feb 2016, 19:49

skully wrote:Anyone catch the special 6 episode return of The X-Files? It was pretty damned good, and ended with an excellent cliff-hanger that could leave the way open for a full season return.

And I'm nearing the end of rewatching Breaking Bad on Foxy's FX. Simply a magnificent 5 season series.
I watched the first 4 episodes and they seemed pretty decent, but I never actually completed the original run of the X Files (I was about 11 when season 4 was first on air and I'll be honest, a few of the episodes in that season scared me f*cking shitless so I watched it less and less and totally stopped watching it around season 6 or 7) so I'm running through them all again now. 

Just about to finish season 4 and even now some of the episodes are pretty shocking, how "Home" got past the censors for a network TV show in America I'll never know.

Anyway, I've decided I'm going to make my way through the rest and then save the last two recent episodes although from what I've heard 7-9 might be a hard slog so I might skip out a few MOTW episodes. 

Good to see it back though, one of the most hit and miss shows that I can recall but there is some brilliant television there and am thoroughly enjoying this run through having forgotten most of it so it's all a surprise to me again (had a couple of drinks between the time I stopped watching it and now, as I may have mentioned on occasion innocent).

Back to top Go down

Post by Ethics? The Gall! Thu 25 Feb 2016, 03:28

motw episodes are usually good stuff. best are the episodes when they take the piss out of themselves like hollywood a.d. or jose chungs from outer space. the mythology got so ****** confusing and then the ending was such a cop out

but the reboots been good. theyve still got the vibe although duchovny looks the worse for wear

Ethics? The Gall!
Ethics? The Gall!

Number of posts : 1911
Registration date : 2012-08-23

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Thu 25 Feb 2016, 04:23

I was pleased with Duchovny's enthusiasm for the 6-parter AND he has no ruled out further X-Files eps.

There's a half hour behind the scenes special that shows what a happy reunion it was. Duchovny was not happy in the final season and only had fleeting involvement in S9, so the good vibes were good to see.
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 25 Feb 2016, 10:47

Ethics? The Gall! wrote:motw episodes are usually good stuff.  best are the episodes when they take the piss out of themselves like hollywood a.d. or jose chungs from outer space.  the mythology got so ****** confusing and then the ending was such a cop out

but the reboots been good.  theyve still got the vibe although duchovny looks the worse for wear

Even most of the serious episodes where they aren't explicitly taking the piss out of themselves (ie basically all of Darin Morgan's episodes) they still usually had elements of comedy. Just watched an episode where they had to visit a mental institution (Max), and in an otherwise totally serious episode this bit of gold came up:

Mulder: Do you know where she is? 
Scully: In a mental institution. 
Mulder: I'd go with you... but I'm afraid they'd lock me up. 
Scully: ....Me too.

With perfect coming timing  Laughing .

And yeah Jose Chung's from Outer Space was also gold, burst out laughing at this guy's description of Mulder and his reaction:

Back to top Go down

Post by Lara Lara Laughs Thu 25 Feb 2016, 13:15

Never really watched X Files but I am deeply deeply in love with Gillian Anderson.
Lara Lara Laughs
Lara Lara Laughs

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Thu 25 Feb 2016, 13:24

vilkrang wrote:
Ethics? The Gall! wrote:motw episodes are usually good stuff.  best are the episodes when they take the piss out of themselves like hollywood a.d. or jose chungs from outer space.  the mythology got so ****** confusing and then the ending was such a cop out

but the reboots been good.  theyve still got the vibe although duchovny looks the worse for wear

Even most of the serious episodes where they aren't explicitly taking the piss out of themselves (ie basically all of Darin Morgan's episodes) they still usually had elements of comedy. Just watched an episode where they had to visit a mental institution (Max), and in an otherwise totally serious episode this bit of gold came up:

Mulder: Do you know where she is? 
Scully: In a mental institution. 
Mulder: I'd go with you... but I'm afraid they'd lock me up. 
Scully: ....Me too.

With perfect coming timing  Laughing .

TBF Vilks, if that was typical of the humour, I am glad I gave the series a body swerve.
taipan
taipan

Number of posts : 48416
Flag/Background : saf

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 25 Feb 2016, 13:31

It works due to it occasionally coming out of the blue and due to the otherwise uber seriousness, as well as the fact that if taken out of the context of the X Files then Mulder is an absolute whack job.

Anyway, your loss.

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Thu 25 Feb 2016, 13:34

Not really.
taipan
taipan

Number of posts : 48416
Flag/Background : saf

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 25 Feb 2016, 13:38

Not getting enjoyment where millions of others have?

I guess if you prefer bitterness to enjoying something then you're right, no loss, to you.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 22 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 22  Next