Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

softest current players in test cricket - in decline

+10
lardbucket
Brass Monkey
WideWally
Merlin
Big Dog
taipan
skully
JGK
embee
horace
14 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

softest current players in test cricket - in decline - Page 2 Empty Re: softest current players in test cricket - in decline

Post by horace Thu 14 Aug 2014, 02:46

Monty whatever he is - aint no softy
horace
horace

Number of posts : 42573
Registration date : 2007-09-06
Flag/Background : ire

Back to top Go down

softest current players in test cricket - in decline - Page 2 Empty Re: softest current players in test cricket - in decline

Post by Henry Thu 14 Aug 2014, 03:05

horace wrote:I Ron Bellard remains the most over rated English player by English fans ...

he was a frightened weazel here in the 5-0 whitewashes and has never really copped a comeuppance

By contrast Monty has performed wholeheartedly  (inc in the face of certain defeat) in losses and wins and outperformed the over rated Chinhead a number of times when they were both selected... Monty remains an unfullfilled talent who I expect will never play for the Poms again

Monty is in a bit of a mess on and off the field, and you could say he is "soft" enough to let his private life get the better of his cricket career.
Henry
Henry

Number of posts : 32891
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Thu 14 Aug 2014, 03:52

Brass Monkey wrote:
Basil wrote:Pup, because his little, ickle poorly back will give way any time soon.

Actually think he's played through the pain pretty well. You can hardly tell he's hindered. Bad backs ent nuttin ta fock wid.

Have to admit, this was the first reaction I had to Bas's gibe. As a long term trick back tolerater, there are very few things that I have experienced that are more physically debilitating than a proper bad back.

Still, if that's the way some see Pup, that's their right. Gimme him any day to sooky Cooky.  Razz 
skully
skully

Number of posts : 105949
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : baggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Brass Monkey Thu 14 Aug 2014, 08:35

skully wrote:Have to admit, this was the first reaction I had to Bas's gibe. As a long term trick back tolerater, there are very few things that I have experienced that are more physically debilitating than a proper bad back.

Still, if that's the way some see Pup, that's their right. Gimme him any day to sooky Cooky.  Razz 

Yeah, I've been very fortunate that I've never suffered from any chronic back pain, but I had a couple of twinges recently when I was moving loads of furniture. It didn't put me out of commission, but I can imagine if that sort of pain was magnified it must be a bit of a shocker to cope with.

Especially if you were playing cricket. Especially if you were targeted with bouncers because of it.
Brass Monkey
Brass Monkey

Number of posts : 44858
Registration date : 2007-09-02
Flag/Background : afg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjWhbVWj9wQ

Back to top Go down

Post by lardbucket Thu 14 Aug 2014, 10:22

horace wrote:Monty whatever he is - aint no softy

It was a joke OK, or at least an allusion to his behaviour, "weak as piXX" .... what's the missing word, horrie?

lardbucket

Number of posts : 38103
Registration date : 2007-09-03
Flag/Background : baggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Hass Thu 14 Aug 2014, 11:05

embee wrote:mentally or physically soft ?

I'd still have Johnson in the mentally soft category  

I'd say Johnson is mentally fragile rather than soft. The difference being that Johnson is a fighter, who will dig deep for the team when the chips are down. I don't think he lacks guts. But he is a sensitive chap and has the potential to break down big time. But I think that's a different type of weakness to the one we're talking about.

Hass

softest current players in test cricket - in decline - Page 2 MPDozzd

Number of posts : 2401
Registration date : 2007-09-10
Flag/Background : nsw

Back to top Go down

Post by Brass Monkey Thu 14 Aug 2014, 11:20

That's about as good as your 'degree of edge' argument....
Brass Monkey
Brass Monkey

Number of posts : 44858
Registration date : 2007-09-02
Flag/Background : afg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjWhbVWj9wQ

Back to top Go down

Post by Hass Thu 14 Aug 2014, 16:34

Brass Monkey wrote:That's about as good as your 'degree of edge' argument....

Ah, so quite good then...

Hass

softest current players in test cricket - in decline - Page 2 MPDozzd

Number of posts : 2401
Registration date : 2007-09-10
Flag/Background : nsw

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2