Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Women's Ashes

+7
Nath
embee
PeterCS
JGK
Ethics? The Gall!
taipan
lardbucket
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Women's Ashes - Page 2 Empty Re: Women's Ashes

Post by lardbucket Sat 15 Aug 2015, 08:03

Well, that all fizzled out very quickly in the end.

lardbucket

Number of posts : 38123
Registration date : 2007-09-03
Flag/Background : baggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 15 Aug 2015, 08:21

There were some disgraceful LBWs given against England, didn't manage to catch the Aus innings so don't know if the umps were balanced with their craptitude.

Back to top Go down

Post by lardbucket Sat 15 Aug 2015, 08:26

Was listening live ... LBW sounded a lottery ... several plumb lbw against England NOT given and then some dubious ones WERE given.

lardbucket

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 15 Aug 2015, 08:37

What was funny was the nodding and look of certainty when they did give the howlers out, as if there was absolutely no doubt that they were plumb despite either pitching a yard down the leg side or going on to hit the invisible 6th stump. I know the women's game doesn't have as much money as the men's but I'm pretty sure I could do a better job than the umpires I saw!

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Sat 15 Aug 2015, 08:39

vilkrang wrote:What was funny was the nodding and look of certainty when they did give the howlers out, as if there was absolutely no doubt that they were plumb despite either pitching a yard down the leg side or going on to hit the invisible 6th stump. I know the women's game doesn't have as much money as the men's but I'm pretty sure I could do a better job than the umpires I saw!

Speaking of which, have you retired again?
taipan
taipan

Number of posts : 48416
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : saf

Back to top Go down

Post by lardbucket Sat 15 Aug 2015, 08:41

I feel certain Vilks' next game will have a better outcome.

lardbucket

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 15 Aug 2015, 08:46

taipan wrote:
vilkrang wrote:What was funny was the nodding and look of certainty when they did give the howlers out, as if there was absolutely no doubt that they were plumb despite either pitching a yard down the leg side or going on to hit the invisible 6th stump. I know the women's game doesn't have as much money as the men's but I'm pretty sure I could do a better job than the umpires I saw!

There was a total nob head at the cricket club I was playing at, made it unpleasant to train or play matches with. The last ball I bowled at him was a bouncer which he played and missed at which left him fuming and shouting various unpleasantries and curses at me about how shit I was so I haven't been back since. I don't mind a bit of banter and I took it all on the chin but I'd rather not spend my time with a total c*nt, I'm sure there are other cricket clubs without such wankers.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 15 Aug 2015, 08:47

lardbucket wrote:I feel certain Vilks' next game will have a better outcome.

I'd be quite impressed if I could somehow make it go worse  Laughing .

Back to top Go down

Post by lardbucket Sat 15 Aug 2015, 08:55

'Timed out', maybe?

lardbucket

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Dog Sat 15 Aug 2015, 09:23

vilkrang wrote:
taipan wrote:

There was a total nob head at the cricket club I was playing at, made it unpleasant to train or play matches with. The last ball I bowled at him was a bouncer which he played and missed at which left him fuming and shouting various unpleasantries and curses at me about how shit I was so I haven't been back since. I don't mind a bit of banter and I took it all on the chin but I'd rather not spend my time with a total c*nt, I'm sure there are other cricket clubs without such wankers.

Should have just kept bowling beamers at him till he got the message. Wink
Big Dog
Big Dog

Number of posts : 16498
Registration date : 2007-09-05
Flag/Background : tig

http://bigdog.bigblog.com.au/index.do

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 15 Aug 2015, 09:51

Big Dog wrote:
vilkrang wrote:
taipan wrote:

Should have just kept bowling beamers at him till he got the message. Wink
I was pretty pleased to leave at the bouncer to me honest, he nearly fell over and looked a right tit hence the swearing at me as he didn't like everyone laughing at him (I got the impression no one liked him due to his sledging, and it wasn't particularly clever or witty sledging, more in the Glenn Mcgrath angry tosspot sledging variety). 

The nicest bloke at the club was an Aussie actually but aside from him and maybe a few others I didn't really feel like I fit in there and it wasn't the nicest atmosphere, even in the 5th XI it was super serious and competitive, which on the one hand is nice as they seemed to win all of their matches (including my nightmare match) but for someone who hasn't played for years it's not the best place to come and start learning again.

There are loads of clubs in London though, I'll find a different one next summer. In fact all this talk on hear and of hearing of someone in their 50s smashing a century I might see if I can find one for the last few weeks of summer even if it's just for a few net sessions.

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Sat 15 Aug 2015, 09:54

Merlin wrote:Middlesex need players and they have reasonable nets. The pitch is a bit dead though.

taipan
taipan

Back to top Go down

Post by Brass Monkey Sat 15 Aug 2015, 09:57

He'd never slate the pitch. Never.
Brass Monkey
Brass Monkey

Number of posts : 44858
Registration date : 2007-09-02
Flag/Background : afg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjWhbVWj9wQ

Back to top Go down

Post by Lindsay no.2 Sat 15 Aug 2015, 17:08

Do the Eng Women's team fall under Strauss's rule?

Just read a good report on BBC - this sentence stood out:

'They played out an astonishing 436 dot balls from the 513 deliveries they faced in the first innings, scoring at under two runs per over in both innings.'

Full report here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/cricket/33932360

Sounds like they're following the Flower batting template. And from reading the full article sounds like a lot of issues and problems may exist in the women's camp which have previously dogged the men's. Chin up ladies - just got to get through the subsequent dressing room catfight and team spirit disintegration, hiring and subsequent firing of the 'coach of his generation' and then you might, just might, be able to make some progress.

Lindsay no.2

Number of posts : 1267
Registration date : 2015-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Sat 15 Aug 2015, 17:13

Who is playing the KP role?
taipan
taipan

Back to top Go down

Post by Lindsay no.2 Sat 15 Aug 2015, 17:17

taipan wrote:Who is playing the KP role?

KP will just go in as himself but in drag, like a pantomime dame. No-one can match his diva-esque quality.

Lindsay no.2

Number of posts : 1267
Registration date : 2015-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterCS Sat 15 Aug 2015, 22:47

Grim stuff from the Roses. (Or whatever the nickname is).

Australia rampant.
PeterCS
PeterCS

Number of posts : 43743
Registration date : 2008-05-23
Flag/Background : ire

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterCS Sat 29 Aug 2015, 00:02

All over.

Whichever way you cut it (format-wise), the Aurorae Boreales are clear winners. Congrats to them. Jonassen esp outstanding.
PeterCS
PeterCS

Number of posts : 43743
Registration date : 2008-05-23
Flag/Background : ire

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2