Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What is going on? #849

+6
Bradman
embee
Ethics? The Gall!
PeterCS
JGK
lardbucket
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

What is going on? #849 Empty What is going on? #849

Post by lardbucket Fri 18 Dec 2015, 00:28

TERRIBLE STORY

This one's a bit too close to home.

lardbucket

Number of posts : 38123
Registration date : 2007-09-03
Flag/Background : baggy

Back to top Go down

What is going on? #849 Empty Re: What is going on? #849

Post by JGK Fri 18 Dec 2015, 00:34

Check out my sig...

JGK

Number of posts : 41790
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : jnt

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterCS Fri 18 Dec 2015, 00:48

Sounds beyond outrageous.

The first thing is surely to get her out of there. If I've understood the latter part of that report aright, that process appears well under way.

Might be good to do that before any demand for explanations, formal apologies, recompense or whatever is considered the best course.
PeterCS
PeterCS

Number of posts : 43743
Registration date : 2008-05-23
Flag/Background : ire

Back to top Go down

Post by Ethics? The Gall! Fri 18 Dec 2015, 01:20

surely they could get her into the australian embassy and organise a military evacuation for there if thats what it takes.
what the ****** hell is the federal government doing to let it drag on so long?
Ethics? The Gall!
Ethics? The Gall!

Number of posts : 1911
Registration date : 2012-08-23

Back to top Go down

Post by embee Fri 18 Dec 2015, 02:02

She's a permanent resident ...not a citizen

she is travelling on an Indian passport so our Federal govt cant do a lot

embee
embee

Number of posts : 26217
Flag/Background : aus

Back to top Go down

Post by Bradman Fri 18 Dec 2015, 02:11

They could issue emergency travel docs, a passport even. If she gets back home then issue a statement telling India ti get it's farking house in order before it starts bitching about it, or any of it's citizens here.
Bradman
Bradman

Number of posts : 17402
Registration date : 2008-08-13
Flag/Background : war

Back to top Go down

Post by Ethics? The Gall! Fri 18 Dec 2015, 06:36

embee wrote:She's a permanent resident ...not a citizen

she is travelling on an Indian passport so our Federal govt cant do a lot
there was a whole lotta talking over the last lot of drug executions and they cant do the same here? are they even trying to get her out of there?
Ethics? The Gall!
Ethics? The Gall!

Back to top Go down

Post by furriner Fri 18 Dec 2015, 14:42

Hang on gents.

I'm almost certain this isn't the Indian government, but her ex-husband's family misusing the law to start a $hitfest. I am not sure what the local dynamics are, but this looks a lot like personal vendetta.

The Indian government couldn't organize a proper burning even if I were standing by with a few effigies.

From the story:

Dr Singh’s Indian passport was confiscated when she arrived in Mumbai and she was falsely imprisoned in a high security jail in a remote location.

Confiscated by whom, on behalf of whom- that's not how stuff works here, unless the husband is a farking politico at the highest level, which may be the case.

I don't doubt she's in trouble, but I would wait to see who's doing it.
furriner
furriner

Number of posts : 12508
Registration date : 2007-09-04
Flag/Background : ind

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Fri 18 Dec 2015, 14:56

furriner wrote:Hang on gents.

I'm almost certain this isn't the Indian government, but her ex-husband's family misusing the law to start a $hitfest.  I am not sure what the local dynamics are, but this looks a lot like personal vendetta.

The Indian government couldn't organize a proper burning even if I were standing by with a few effigies.

From the story:

Dr Singh’s Indian passport was confiscated when she arrived in Mumbai and she was falsely imprisoned in a high security jail in a remote location.

Confiscated by whom, on behalf of whom- that's not how stuff works here, unless the husband is a farking politico at the highest level, which may be the case.  

Fair comment but can't see the husband is an Indian politico as he is an Aussie citizen.
taipan
taipan

Number of posts : 48416
Flag/Background : saf

Back to top Go down

Post by furriner Fri 18 Dec 2015, 15:20

Taips, I have no doubt the Indian government has done and continues to do worse. I know this for a fact- wife works in the field of Human Rights.

But this something doesn't fit here. The High Court released her so she's out, and the news says:

Singh said her family and relatives in India had suffered intimidation, threats, harassment and violence and were embroiled in the baseless accusations for which she was falsely jailed, all because she chose to tell the truth about the domestic violence she survived.

Her family members have suffered torment including punches, choking, broken bones, broken teeth and frighteningly, a missed bullet fired from a gun.

I would well believe her husband's family is doing this- sounds like clan/ family violence. Doesn't sound like GoI. Sounds like husband's family using messed up legal procedures, legal loopholes, legal apathy and good old thuggery to get even.
furriner
furriner

Back to top Go down

Post by furriner Fri 18 Dec 2015, 15:25

I would want one direct quote from her, her relatives or even an off the record statement by 'sources' that blames GoI as an active party. Let's wait and see.
furriner
furriner

Back to top Go down

Post by tricycle Fri 18 Dec 2015, 16:17

Cheers, furri. Far more balanced posts than I'd have made.

Even the nature of the allegations haven't been revealed. There really is very little in the article.

tricycle

Number of posts : 13349
Registration date : 2011-12-17
Flag/Background : none

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Fri 18 Dec 2015, 18:08

furriner wrote:Taips, I have no doubt the Indian government has done and continues to do worse. I know this for a fact- wife works in the field of Human Rights.

But this something doesn't fit here.  The High Court released her so she's out, and the news says:

Singh said her family and relatives in India had suffered intimidation, threats, harassment and violence and were embroiled in the baseless accusations for which she was falsely jailed, all because she chose to tell the truth about the domestic violence she survived.

Her family members have suffered torment including punches, choking, broken bones, broken teeth and frighteningly, a missed bullet fired from a gun.

I would well believe her husband's family is doing this- sounds like clan/ family violence.  Doesn't sound like GoI. Sounds like husband's family using messed up legal procedures, legal loopholes, legal apathy and good old thuggery to get even.  

Furry I can well believe this. The political intimidation in this country is just as bad. The corruption from the ANC is probably worse but hey, if you object you are a racist. The race card is played at every opportunity.
taipan
taipan

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Fri 18 Dec 2015, 21:51

The voice of privilege speaks.
horace
horace

Number of posts : 42573
Registration date : 2007-09-06

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Fri 18 Dec 2015, 22:58

horace wrote:The voice of privilege speaks.

The stupidity card is played at every opportunity.
taipan
taipan

Back to top Go down

Post by lardbucket Fri 18 Dec 2015, 23:40

furriner wrote:Hang on gents.

I'm almost certain this isn't the Indian government, but her ex-husband's family misusing the law to start a $hitfest.  I am not sure what the local dynamics are, but this looks a lot like personal vendetta.

Totally correct. Qunts abusing their position in society to influence local government and exact vengeance on behalf of their criminal son. The apple (tamarind?) doesn't drop far from the tree ...

From the story:

As noted above; it's corrupt politicians doing it at the behest of a rich, entitled family. I know the girl concerned and she is lucky to have escaped (so far) with her life. She made the mistake of going home to her own family when the trial here had been concluded; her husband's reach extends well beyond the cell he is rightfully rotting in.

lardbucket

Back to top Go down

Post by Ethics? The Gall! Sat 19 Dec 2015, 21:22

furriner wrote:I would well believe her husband's family is doing this- sounds like clan/ family violence.  Doesn't sound like GoI. Sounds like husband's family using messed up legal procedures, legal loopholes, legal apathy and good old thuggery to get even.  
finding out whos behind it can wait until shes safely out of there. that is the real priority
Ethics? The Gall!
Ethics? The Gall!

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Sat 19 Dec 2015, 21:38

Ethics? The Gall! wrote:
furriner wrote:I would well believe her husband's family is doing this- sounds like clan/ family violence.  Doesn't sound like GoI. Sounds like husband's family using messed up legal procedures, legal loopholes, legal apathy and good old thuggery to get even.  
finding out whos behind it can wait until shes safely out of there. that is the real priority

Good call.
horace
horace

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterCS Sun 20 Dec 2015, 03:26

D'ohh! That's what I said, aaaages ago! Very Happy ^

Anyway - is she out yet?
PeterCS
PeterCS

Number of posts : 43743
Registration date : 2008-05-23

Back to top Go down

Post by tricycle Sun 20 Dec 2015, 03:44

Nobody knows, really. There's only been one source reporting it and even that's very light on matter. To accept it as gospel, as of now imo, is as silly as to accuse Dr. Singh of fabrication.

tricycle

Number of posts : 13349
Registration date : 2011-12-17
Flag/Background : none

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Sun 20 Dec 2015, 06:14

taipan wrote:

Oh well I guess it is too much to expect you to step back from your position and use your imagination.

The days are numbered for dnosaurs.
horace
horace

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Sun 20 Dec 2015, 06:22

horace wrote:
taipan wrote:

Oh well I guess it is too much to expect you to step back from your position and use your imagination.

The days are numbered for dnosaurs.

And it took you two days to come up with that?

Have you been following the saga of the SA finance ministers that has effectively destroyed the SA Rand? From someone who rails about corrupt politicians on a daily basis it thought you might understand the situation.
taipan
taipan

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Sun 20 Dec 2015, 06:43

Oddly enough I don't sweat on reading your posts.

Oh well that's capitalism. Kid.

Disappointing that anc chose that route. Better if they had stuck to commo principles

Who knows you may be a more productive and happier person
horace
horace

Back to top Go down

Post by lardbucket Sun 20 Dec 2015, 11:50

Well, I'm fairly close tot his story, and there has been no mention of 'Gol' (I'd never even heard of it.

The husband and more particularly his family have powerful connections.

The girl was within an inch of her life when the scumbag tried to kill her; he doesn't like it that she's exposed him for the piece of shit that he is, and his family doesn't like it either, so they're trying to make life even more insufferable for her.

lardbucket

Back to top Go down

Post by furriner Sun 20 Dec 2015, 16:28

lardbucket wrote:..............As noted above; it's corrupt politicians doing it at the behest of a rich, entitled family. I know the girl concerned and she is lucky to have escaped (so far) with her life. She made the mistake of going home to her own family when the trial here had been concluded; her husband's reach extends well beyond the cell he is rightfully rotting in.

Now this begins to make 'sense'. Possibly the husband belongs to a landowning family in Punjab state (a farming state where the natives are popularly known to be rich, generous, warm hearted, vindictive, vicious and who nurse a grudge literally over generations)  and the family likely know state political leaders really well, and who help file trumped up charges.

But what gets me is that they managed to have her jailed as well and for a month....that's crazy. I'd like to see the case sheet, I'd like to see her lawyer.

The thing is, for someone to pull this off- have her in jail for a month- requires a very significant level of influence.  Don't get me wrong, in this fair land people rot for years in prison, but they are the voiceless poor.  This lady seems middle class (at the least), did no one in her family back her up?  Are her family running scared, I'm also guessing they are not in the same social or economic class?

And there's plenty of instances where sour marriages end up in the courts, with charges thrown back and forth, but in most cases the man lands in prison (if anyone does). The Indian legal system in these cases informally presumes the man to be the total swine and the story goes on from there.

This Australian- may I call him Australian, fellows? - seems to have a very high connection somewhere in India.

One last point.  Lardy I'd take your word on the facts of the story any time of the day over any news report I'd read, so I'm a bit surprised why the woman's family isn't taking this to the national press. Family fights here get...complicated.  Are they may be scared for her life maybe?  Otherwise, believe me, there's enough reporters in India who'd be on this in a flash.

Ethics? The Gall! wrote:

I was reacting to posts in the thread, I don't disagree with what you said.a

Last edited by furriner on Sun 20 Dec 2015, 16:34; edited 1 time in total
furriner
furriner

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down