Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What is going on? #849

+6
Bradman
embee
Ethics? The Gall!
PeterCS
JGK
lardbucket
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

What is going on? #849 - Page 2 Empty Re: What is going on? #849

Post by furriner Sun 20 Dec 2015, 16:32

Also I think we can all be in agreement as to what really happened in this story.

Australian male slashed Indian woman 's throat with serrated knife, then attempted to strangle her to death and is now brutally harassing her in her own country.
furriner
furriner

Number of posts : 12508
Registration date : 2007-09-04
Flag/Background : ind

Back to top Go down

Post by lardbucket Sun 20 Dec 2015, 18:44

furriner wrote:Also I think we can all be in agreement as to what really happened in this story.

Australian male slashed Indian woman 's throat with serrated knife, then attempted to strangle her to death and is now brutally harassing her in her own country.

precisely

lardbucket

Number of posts : 38123
Registration date : 2007-09-03
Flag/Background : baggy

Back to top Go down

Post by lardbucket Sun 20 Dec 2015, 18:49

furriner wrote:
lardbucket wrote:..............As noted above; it's corrupt politicians doing it at the behest of a rich, entitled family. I know the girl concerned and she is lucky to have escaped (so far) with her life. She made the mistake of going home to her own family when the trial here had been concluded; her husband's reach extends well beyond the cell he is rightfully rotting in.

Now this begins to make 'sense'. Possibly the husband belongs to a landowning family in Punjab state (a farming state where the natives are popularly known to be rich, generous, warm hearted, vindictive, vicious and who nurse a grudge literally over generations)  and the family likely know state political leaders really well, and who help file trumped up charges.

But what gets me is that they managed to have her jailed as well and for a month....that's crazy. I'd like to see the case sheet, I'd like to see her lawyer.

The thing is, for someone to pull this off- have her in jail for a month- requires a very significant level of influence.  Don't get me wrong, in this fair land people rot for years in prison, but they are the voiceless poor.  This lady seems middle class (at the least), did no one in her family back her up?  Are her family running scared, I'm also guessing they are not in the same social or economic class?

caste

And there's plenty of instances where sour marriages end up in the courts, with charges thrown back and forth, but in most cases the man lands in prison (if anyone does). The Indian legal system in these cases informally presumes the man to be the total swine and the story goes on from there.

This Australian- may I call him Australian, fellows? - seems to have a very high connection somewhere in India.

One last point.  Lardy I'd take your word on the facts of the story any time of the day over any news report I'd read, so I'm a bit surprised why the woman's family isn't taking this to the national press. Family fights here get...complicated.  Are they may be scared for her life maybe?  Otherwise, believe me, there's enough reporters in India who'd be on this in a flash.

Ethics? The Gall! wrote:
furriner wrote:I would well believe her husband's family is doing this- sounds like clan/ family violence.  Doesn't sound like GoI. Sounds like husband's family using messed up legal procedures, legal loopholes, legal apathy and good old thuggery to get even.  
finding out whos behind it can wait until shes safely out of there. that is the real priority

I was reacting to posts in the thread, I don't disagree with what you said.

I think victim and perpetrator are equally Australian, and (also) equally Indian. Both definitely Indian born, both definitely Australian residents, and neither Australian citizens, as far as I know.

lardbucket

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Sun 20 Dec 2015, 19:43

lardbucket wrote:
furriner wrote:
lardbucket wrote:..............As noted above; it's corrupt politicians doing it at the behest of a rich, entitled family. I know the girl concerned and she is lucky to have escaped (so far) with her life. She made the mistake of going home to her own family when the trial here had been concluded; her husband's reach extends well beyond the cell he is rightfully rotting in.

Now this begins to make 'sense'. Possibly the husband belongs to a landowning family in Punjab state (a farming state where the natives are popularly known to be rich, generous, warm hearted, vindictive, vicious and who nurse a grudge literally over generations)  and the family likely know state political leaders really well, and who help file trumped up charges.

But what gets me is that they managed to have her jailed as well and for a month....that's crazy. I'd like to see the case sheet, I'd like to see her lawyer.

The thing is, for someone to pull this off- have her in jail for a month- requires a very significant level of influence.  Don't get me wrong, in this fair land people rot for years in prison, but they are the voiceless poor.  This lady seems middle class (at the least), did no one in her family back her up?  Are her family running scared, I'm also guessing they are not in the same social or economic class?

caste

And there's plenty of instances where sour marriages end up in the courts, with charges thrown back and forth, but in most cases the man lands in prison (if anyone does). The Indian legal system in these cases informally presumes the man to be the total swine and the story goes on from there.

This Australian- may I call him Australian, fellows? - seems to have a very high connection somewhere in India.

One last point.  Lardy I'd take your word on the facts of the story any time of the day over any news report I'd read, so I'm a bit surprised why the woman's family isn't taking this to the national press. Family fights here get...complicated.  Are they may be scared for her life maybe?  Otherwise, believe me, there's enough reporters in India who'd be on this in a flash.

Ethics? The Gall! wrote:
furriner wrote:I would well believe her husband's family is doing this- sounds like clan/ family violence.  Doesn't sound like GoI. Sounds like husband's family using messed up legal procedures, legal loopholes, legal apathy and good old thuggery to get even.  
finding out whos behind it can wait until shes safely out of there. that is the real priority

I was reacting to posts in the thread, I don't disagree with what you said.

I think victim and perpetrator are equally Australian, and (also) equally Indian. Both definitely Indian born, both definitely Australian residents, and neither Australian citizens, as far as I know.

The original article stated that the perp is an Aussie citizen.
taipan
taipan

Number of posts : 48416
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : saf

Back to top Go down

Post by lardbucket Mon 21 Dec 2015, 07:41

I am not sure about that. Both definitely resident. It would seem odd for the husband to take out citizenship and the wife not to do so, but anything is possible. I never met the husband.

lardbucket

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Mon 21 Dec 2015, 08:04

Is this true?

The jury heard that the pair met via a matrimonial website and first met in person on the day they married in 2011.
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/national/attempted-murder-trial-of-launceston-man-lokendra-singh-delayed/news-story/1cc98de3603829dd86e83bad9bfb4147?sv=fe310705240d0ada7a700c7a82e5c626

taipan
taipan

Number of posts : 48416
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : saf

Back to top Go down

Post by furriner Mon 21 Dec 2015, 14:03

^^ Happens a fair few times in India although like all newspaper reports it hides the larger reality. Which is (a) matrimonial in newspaper by parents (b)  parents and prospective bride and groom all meet 1/ 2 times (c)  sometimes prospective bride and groom meet by themselves 1/ 2 and (d) then they marry (or not).

This meeting on the day they got married business is something even many conservative families frown on these days.
furriner
furriner

Number of posts : 12508
Registration date : 2007-09-04
Flag/Background : ind

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum: