Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Blast at Manchester Ariana Grande concert

+12
Aditya
Chivalry Augustus
horace
PeterCS
lardbucket
taipan
Big Dog
Basil
Bradman
tricycle
JGK
skully
16 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Blast at Manchester Ariana Grande concert Empty Blast at Manchester Ariana Grande concert

Post by skully Mon 22 May 2017, 23:54

Explosion at concert

"There have been a number of fatalities following reports of an explosion at a concert in northern England where Ariana Grande had been performing, British police have confirmed.

Reports said witnesses had heard "explosions" at Manchester Arena, and video posted on Twitter shows hundreds of fans fleeing the venue."

--------------------------------------------------

Breaking news.

A nation on edge.
skully
skully

Number of posts : 105884
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : baggy

Back to top Go down

Blast at Manchester Ariana Grande concert Empty Re: Blast at Manchester Ariana Grande concert

Post by JGK Tue 23 May 2017, 01:19

19 dead so far!

JGK

Number of posts : 41790
Flag/Background : jnt

Back to top Go down

Blast at Manchester Ariana Grande concert Empty Re: Blast at Manchester Ariana Grande concert

Post by skully Tue 23 May 2017, 05:19

Suicide bomber??
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by tricycle Tue 23 May 2017, 05:33

Terrible.

And on the other hand, I'm surprised in a way that it took till Bataclan to target concerts. Huge crowds with not necessarily the best security around.

tricycle

Number of posts : 13349
Registration date : 2011-12-17
Flag/Background : none

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Tue 23 May 2017, 05:36

Sounds like the bomber enjoyed the concert, bopping along with everyone, before heading off to meet 72 virgins.
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Tue 23 May 2017, 05:44

Talk about "too soon?"

"A JOURNALIST has come under heavy criticism for an insensitive joke he posted on Twitter soon after an explosion killed at least 19 people and injured about 50 others at an Ariana Grande concert in the UK.

US-based freelance writer David Leavitt, who claims to have reviewed games, tech, fashion and travel for major news outlets including CBS, AXS, Yahoo and The Examiner, posted the sick tweet to his 59,000 followers shortly after the horrifying attack.

“MULTIPLE CONFIRMED FATALITIES at Manchester Arena. The last time I listened to Ariana Grande I almost died too,” he wrote on Twitter.

MULTIPLE CONFIRMED FATALITIES at Manchester Arena. The last time I listened to Ariana Grande I almost died too.
— David Leavitt (@David_Leavitt) May 22, 2017

At the time of writing, the tweet has been replied to more than 24,000 times, with almost everyone voicing their disgust over the clearly inappropriate tweet."

-----------------------------------

Hmm, what a tool.
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by Bradman Tue 23 May 2017, 06:03

I'd never heard of her before today.
Bradman
Bradman

Number of posts : 17402
Registration date : 2008-08-13
Flag/Background : war

Back to top Go down

Post by Basil Tue 23 May 2017, 07:19

22 dead: some are kids, and kids are among the injured. Sometimes, the English language just does not have words to describe such evil.
Basil
Basil

Number of posts : 15936
Registration date : 2007-09-03
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Dog Tue 23 May 2017, 07:31

As i saw on a bumper sticker a while ago. "Its not Islamophobia when they really are trying to kill you"
Big Dog
Big Dog

Number of posts : 16498
Registration date : 2007-09-05
Flag/Background : tig

http://bigdog.bigblog.com.au/index.do

Back to top Go down

Post by JGK Tue 23 May 2017, 07:52

Basil wrote:22 dead: some are kids, and kids are among the injured. Sometimes, the English language just does not have words to describe such evil.

Seems to be a single suicide bomber.

JGK

Number of posts : 41790
Flag/Background : jnt

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Tue 23 May 2017, 09:00

Toll up to 22.
taipan
taipan

Number of posts : 48416
Flag/Background : saf

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Tue 23 May 2017, 09:23

Basil wrote:22 dead: some are kids, and kids are among the injured. Sometimes, the English language just does not have words to describe such evil.

Aye, Bas. As a Dad, the coverage on tonight's news was distressing and very moving.
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by lardbucket Tue 23 May 2017, 12:31

Terrible stuff. This 'man' must have been the silent T in Mancunian.

I hope Jonty and his family were well clear, and that there are no further casualties.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
116 - 9 - 400 - 4

lardbucket

Number of posts : 38068

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Tue 23 May 2017, 13:10

59 injured. I imagine quite a few are critical.
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by lardbucket Tue 23 May 2017, 13:18

Sounds like they've caught an associate or accomplice.

116 - 9 - 400 - 4

lardbucket

Back to top Go down

Post by lardbucket Tue 23 May 2017, 14:46

Victims starting to be identified ... one little girl of 8.

116 - 9 - 400 - 4

lardbucket

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterCS Tue 23 May 2017, 15:36

I'm not disagreeing. I just wonder if any human language has.
PeterCS
PeterCS

Number of posts : 43743
Registration date : 2008-05-23
Flag/Background : ire

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Tue 23 May 2017, 16:43

terrible
horace
horace

Number of posts : 42573
Registration date : 2007-09-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Chivalry Augustus Tue 23 May 2017, 18:46

Big Dog wrote:As i saw on a bumper sticker a while ago. "Its not Islamophobia when they really are trying to kill you"

"Islamophobe" is a blanket term used by liberals to justify their own dissonance where Islam is concerned. On the one hand, they are pro-women, pro-LGBT rights, pro-democracy and freedom, and the justice system that that entails. On the other, they support an evil religion that hates women, that hates homosexuals of all varieties, and hates transgender people, too. That's before you get into their own religious intolerance and their imperialism. There is a perception that not all Muslims are like that, yet wherever their culture clashes with another, it leads to the ghettoisation of the culture that they have invaded. Anybody who has visited any major European city since the invasion of refugees will have seen it - compare Brussels, Paris or London to how they were before the refugee crisis, and you will see a mass deterioration in the standard of these cities.

And that isn't even the biggest problem. The biggest problem is that Islam is a hate group, it is a group of like-minded, hateful individuals who want to force their oppressive ideology on the rest of the world. Where they invade, they want to implement Sharia law, a regressive and unjust form of "justice" that involves kangaroo courts and eye-for-an-eye punishments. These people flee their Eastern hells but they do not see it that way, instead they want to infect their destinations and make them into the same regressive, hateful shit-holes that they come from. If theirs was an ideology primarily observed by white men, you can be sure that by now, people would have stopped sitting on the fence and started calling it what it is. Especially if there wasn't the large sources of dirty Islamic money from terrorist states like Saudi Arabia coming into our economy on a regular basis.

There are so many bad things to say about Islam that there is simply no point repeating them. Since the Ottoman Empire, the religion has been on a regressive spiral, full of failed nations encompassing vast civil wars, while they wage guerilla wars revolving around suicide bombers abroad. Obviously, we have to take some of the blame for failed foreign policy that has led to a huge displacement of people, but that does not mean that two wrongs somehow make a right, when we accept these culturally regressive Neanderthals into our societies and pretend that they can somehow be enlightened. I am not normally against any particular group of people, but I simply do not see the hope or progressivism that could instill any sense of positivity towards the Islam situation. Theirs is a religion that is responsible for over 30,000 deaths in terrorist attacks alone since the attacks on the World Trade Center.

In terms of yesterday's/this morning's attack, I think it's horrific that these poor children have been vilely murdered. I also think it's horrific that the news are already tip-toeing around the truth of the attacker's identity (that he was a Muslim and that he did it in the name of Islam). I really wish that there was a left-wing political group that would take a sane stance on the issues of immigration, especially in the wake of attacks such as these both here and on the mainland.
Chivalry Augustus
Chivalry Augustus

Blast at Manchester Ariana Grande concert Svlx7uN

Number of posts : 4864
Registration date : 2007-09-04

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Tue 23 May 2017, 18:51

Top post.
taipan
taipan

Number of posts : 48416
Flag/Background : saf

Back to top Go down

Post by Basil Tue 23 May 2017, 19:05

Jesus wept.
Basil
Basil

Back to top Go down

Post by Basil Tue 23 May 2017, 21:19

There are 12 victims at Manchester Children's Hospital - that means at least 12 of the injured are 16 or younger.
Basil
Basil

Back to top Go down

Post by Aditya Wed 24 May 2017, 04:31

The casual islamophobia on this forum is both sickening and revealing. On the other hand, finally some sober analysis of the root cause of such attacks.

Blast at Manchester Ariana Grande concert Dajsyc10

Aditya

Number of posts : 512
Registration date : 2010-12-08

Back to top Go down

Post by lardbucket Fri 26 May 2017, 16:35

More arrests.

23 injured still in ICU.

116 - 9 - 400 - 4

lardbucket

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Fri 26 May 2017, 23:10

Aditya in curate's egg moment. 

Several points bear emphasis. 

The bombings are ghastly but no more nor less so than the summary slaughter of hundreds of thousands in Iraq, Syria and other parts of the middle east as well as Africa since the Bush/Howard/Blair criminal invasion of Iraq. The only difference is the media attention that privileges the killing of young English kids over young kids from other countries.

Religion is a complete pox on humanity. The standard requirement to respect religious belief is a toxic nonsense. 

If I was a psychiatrist I would respect my patient, but I would treat their bipolar disorder. 

In this hideous time it is important to respect people but to contest the various delusions about the existence of sky demons, be these expressed as hinduism, christianity, buddhism, islam or dreamtime.
horace
horace

Number of posts : 42573
Registration date : 2007-09-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next