Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Our next batting God?

5 posters

Go down

Our next batting God? Empty Our next batting God?

Post by Aditya Wed 25 Oct 2017, 03:56

Everyone knows by now Kohli is not only not the God Indian cricket expected, but also a fake prophet. A circus act at best to amuse us till the next messiah arrives.

But could Prithvi Shaw be the One? Yesterday he scored his third first class hundred in 4 matches - all at the tender age of 17. I am ready to worship again.

https://cricket.yahoo.com/news/prithvi-shaw-focusing-fitness-while-191353326.html

The most awaited clash of the 2017-2018 season of the Ranji Trophy involving the hosts, Mumbai and Tamil Nadu kicked off amid plenty of fanfare. The two fiercely competitive sides locked horns for the third round of India's most prestigious domestic tournament at the MCA Sharad Pawar Indoor Cricket Academy Ground in Mumbai.

The skipper of the Mumbai outfit, Aditya Tare won the toss and had absolutely no hesitation in electing to bat first. The wicket is known to be a batting paradise and combined with the hot conditions on offer; the visitors struggled to find their ideal line and length all through the day.

However, despite the scorching heat, a handful of spectators who turned up to witness this humongous clash were treated to an absolute masterclass by a young teenage batting sensation in Prithvi Shaw.

Competing in only his third Ranji Trophy match, the right-handed batsman showed tremendous grit to settle down the slightest of nerves if any against the star-studded Tamil Nadu team including the champion off-spinner, Ravichandran Ashwin.

Opening the batting along with the experienced Akhil Herwadkar, the teenager looked in sublime touch all throughout the innings in his 155 ball stay at the wicket. And, despite losing partners at regular intervals, it did not deter the confidence of the youngster as he was single-handedly steading the ship of his team.

Reflecting on his knock, Prithvi said, "I was just trying to stay at the wicket and not get too worried about the scoreboard. I knew the runs would come for me and the team as long as I am batting out in the middle. The plan was very simple for me: to bat all day and accumulate as many runs as possible for my side".

The knock wasn't an easy one for the young player as he was up against one of India's premier Test bowler in Ravichandran Ashwin who challenged the defence of the right-hander time and again with his skills and exposure to international cricket.

"He is an experienced bowler, and he accurately knows how to bowl on flat wickets, so it was very challenging for me. I did not have any particular idea against him; I just wanted to play my natural time and try and dominate as much as I can which worked well for me", he said on the experience of countering Ashwin for the very first time.

Aditya

Number of posts : 512
Registration date : 2010-12-08
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

Our next batting God? Empty Re: Our next batting God?

Post by skully Wed 25 Oct 2017, 06:17

Aditya wrote:Everyone knows by now Kohli is not only not the God Indian cricket expected, but also a fake prophet. A circus act at best to amuse us till the next messiah arrives.

Hehehe. Cracking opening line. Cool

As for Prithvi, time will tell, I guess.
skully
skully

Number of posts : 105978
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : baggy

Back to top Go down

Post by JGK Wed 25 Oct 2017, 07:17

Any relation to Alfred?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alfred_Shaw

JGK

Number of posts : 41790
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : jnt

Back to top Go down

Post by Bradman Wed 25 Oct 2017, 11:23

skully wrote:
Aditya wrote:Everyone knows by now Kohli is not only not the God Indian cricket expected, but also a fake prophet. A circus act at best to amuse us till the next messiah arrives.

Hehehe. Cracking opening line. Cool

As for Prithvi, time will tell, I guess.

Nice rythm and alliteration.
Bradman
Bradman

Number of posts : 17402
Registration date : 2008-08-13
Flag/Background : war

Back to top Go down

Post by furriner Thu 26 Oct 2017, 05:43

He’s got the name for it. Prithvi Shaw ...Prithvi Shah....Earth Emperor
furriner
furriner

Number of posts : 12508
Registration date : 2007-09-04
Flag/Background : ind

Back to top Go down

Post by Aditya Fri 17 Nov 2017, 10:20

Slammed a ton today taking his tally to 5 centuries in a career of 7 FC matches so far. Could he be on the plane to Suid Afrika? When was the last time a teen batsman debuted for India?

Aditya

Back to top Go down

Post by Aditya Fri 17 Nov 2017, 10:22

furriner wrote:He’s got the name for it.  Prithvi Shaw ...Prithvi Shah....Earth Emperor

Even though that Shaw is derived from Sahu, the merchant class.

Aditya

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down