Zuma to go

Go down

Zuma to go

Post by taipan on Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:38 pm

Another one of horrie's icons about to fall.

https://www.news24.com/SouthAfrica/News/anc-nec-meeting-called-as-zuma-still-refuses-to-step-down-20180205
avatar
taipan


Number of posts : 47008
Age : 117
Reputation : 121
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : saf

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Zuma to go

Post by Red on Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:55 pm

Can't be a bad thing for the republic across the Indian. Amazing how these not so enlightened despots hang on so tenaciously to power.
avatar
Red


Number of posts : 15624
Reputation : 14
Registration date : 2007-10-28
Flag/Background : baggy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Zuma to go

Post by taipan on Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:13 pm

Red wrote:Can't be a bad thing for the republic across the Indian. †Amazing how these not so enlightened despots hang on so tenaciously to power.

Because he knows he will go to gaol unless he cuts a deal.
avatar
taipan


Number of posts : 47008
Age : 117
Reputation : 121
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : saf

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Zuma to go

Post by Bradman on Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:45 am

FFS! Private jet. Some extradition safe tax haven. Goodbye. Some of these bastards can't help themselves. They spend years accruing large amounts of untraceable assets then stick around to see it to the bitter end. I mean if I was going to rape my own country I'd get the fark out once people started asking too many questions.
avatar
Bradman


Number of posts : 13790
Reputation : 18
Registration date : 2008-08-13
Flag/Background : war

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Zuma to go

Post by taipan on Wed Feb 07, 2018 2:06 pm

Probably couldn't get all the wives on one jet
avatar
taipan


Number of posts : 47008
Age : 117
Reputation : 121
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : saf

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Zuma to go

Post by Bradman on Wed Feb 07, 2018 2:40 pm

Well the amount of money they salt away is usually Arab oil sheik type shit so I'm sure he could afford two.
avatar
Bradman


Number of posts : 13790
Reputation : 18
Registration date : 2008-08-13
Flag/Background : war

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Zuma to go

Post by Growler on Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:05 pm

Taips, in 2009 a journalist hated and respected in equal measure wote that Zuma would be the next SA President - and what he thought the ramifications for the country would be, politically, socially and economically.

HERE is the link

As someone who has witnessed the changes in the country first hand - how much of it has turned out to be reasonably accurate ?
avatar
Growler



Number of posts : 2115
Age : 57
Reputation : 22
Registration date : 2007-10-14
Flag/Background : jnt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Zuma to go

Post by taipan on Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:35 pm

Growler wrote:Taips, in 2009 a journalist hated and respected in equal measure wote that Zuma would be the next SA President - and what he thought the ramifications for the country would be, politically, socially and economically.

HERE is the link

As someone who has witnessed the changes in the country first hand - how much of it has turned out to be reasonably accurate ?

Zuma is indubitably totally corrupt. His only hope was that his ex wife won the ANC presidency and gave him amnesty. He is now trying to a deal with Ramaphosa who is a canny operator. The 794 corruption charges are still hanging over Zuma's head as the case has been reopened.

The ANC know that Zuma is a liability and has to go. This is all about damage control and Zuma's rats are openly jumping ship.

Regarding the article. I don't think anyone expected the degree of corruption that happened. Fortunately the courts remained independent and the whole mess is rapidly unraveling. Zille's party has made massive inroads and run most of the big cities, but she is toast as a result of ill considered comments about colonialism. There is a general election next year and the ANC is running scared. Malema the great Zuma supporter has formed his own party which hates Zuma. The electric situation is mostly resolved, except that the supplier is nearly bankrupt as a result of Gupta corruption.

Things aren't great, but there is a glimmer of hope breaking through
avatar
taipan


Number of posts : 47008
Age : 117
Reputation : 121
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : saf

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Zuma to go

Post by Red on Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:37 pm

taipan wrote:
Growler wrote:Taips, in 2009 a journalist hated and respected in equal measure wote that Zuma would be the next SA President - and what he thought the ramifications for the country would be, politically, socially and economically.

HERE is the link

As someone who has witnessed the changes in the country first hand - how much of it has turned out to be reasonably accurate ?

Zuma is indubitably totally corrupt. His only hope was that his ex wife won the ANC presidency and gave him amnesty. He is now trying to a deal with Ramaphosa who is a canny operator. The 794 corruption charges are still hanging over Zuma's head as the case has been reopened.

The ANC know that Zuma is a liability and has to go. This is all about damage control and Zuma's rats are openly jumping ship.

Regarding the article. I don't think anyone expected the degree of corruption that happened. Fortunately the courts remained independent and the whole mess is rapidly unraveling. Zille's party has made massive inroads and run most of the big cities, but she is toast as a result of ill considered comments about colonialism. There is a general election next year and the ANC is running scared. Malema the great Zuma supporter has formed his own party which hates Zuma. The electric situation is mostly resolved, except that the supplier is nearly bankrupt as a result of Gupta corruption.

Things aren't great, but there is a glimmer of hope breaking through

We had another scorcher today so many households lost power. Privatisation has not been kind to our power supplies.
avatar
Red


Number of posts : 15624
Reputation : 14
Registration date : 2007-10-28
Flag/Background : baggy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Zuma to go

Post by taipan on Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:43 pm

Red wrote:
taipan wrote:
Growler wrote:Taips, in 2009 a journalist hated and respected in equal measure wote that Zuma would be the next SA President - and what he thought the ramifications for the country would be, politically, socially and economically.

HERE is the link

As someone who has witnessed the changes in the country first hand - how much of it has turned out to be reasonably accurate ?

Zuma is indubitably totally corrupt. His only hope was that his ex wife won the ANC presidency and gave him amnesty. He is now trying to a deal with Ramaphosa who is a canny operator. The 794 corruption charges are still hanging over Zuma's head as the case has been reopened.

The ANC know that Zuma is a liability and has to go. This is all about damage control and Zuma's rats are openly jumping ship.

Regarding the article. I don't think anyone expected the degree of corruption that happened. Fortunately the courts remained independent and the whole mess is rapidly unraveling. Zille's party has made massive inroads and run most of the big cities, but she is toast as a result of ill considered comments about colonialism. There is a general election next year and the ANC is running scared. Malema the great Zuma supporter has formed his own party which hates Zuma. The electric situation is mostly resolved, except that the supplier is nearly bankrupt as a result of Gupta corruption.

Things aren't great, but there is a glimmer of hope breaking through

We had another scorcher today so many households lost power. Privatisation has not been kind to our power supplies.

Thanks for the valuable insight into Zuma's actions.
avatar
taipan


Number of posts : 47008
Age : 117
Reputation : 121
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : saf

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Zuma to go

Post by Bradman on Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:12 pm

taipan wrote:
Growler wrote:Taips, in 2009 a journalist hated and respected in equal measure wote that Zuma would be the next SA President - and what he thought the ramifications for the country would be, politically, socially and economically.

HERE is the link

As someone who has witnessed the changes in the country first hand - how much of it has turned out to be reasonably accurate ?

Zuma is indubitably totally corrupt. His only hope was that his ex wife won the ANC presidency and gave him amnesty. He is now trying to a deal with Ramaphosa who is a canny operator. The 794 corruption charges are still hanging over Zuma's head as the case has been reopened.

The ANC know that Zuma is a liability and has to go. This is all about damage control and Zuma's rats are openly jumping ship.

Regarding the article. I don't think anyone expected the degree of corruption that happened. Fortunately the courts remained independent and the whole mess is rapidly unraveling. Zille's party has made massive inroads and run most of the big cities, but she is toast as a result of ill considered comments about colonialism. There is a general election next year and the ANC is running scared. Malema the great Zuma supporter has formed his own party which hates Zuma. The electric situation is mostly resolved, except that the supplier is nearly bankrupt as a result of Gupta corruption.

Things aren't great, but there is a glimmer of hope breaking through

Nice summation
avatar
Bradman


Number of posts : 13790
Reputation : 18
Registration date : 2008-08-13
Flag/Background : war

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Zuma to go

Post by horace on Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:06 am

Gawn.
avatar
horace


Number of posts : 36407
Age : 108
Reputation : 68
Registration date : 2007-09-06
Flag/Background : ire

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Zuma to go

Post by skully on Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:10 am

Will the next one be any less corrupt?
avatar
skully


Number of posts : 93834
Age : 106
Reputation : 209
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : baggy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Zuma to go

Post by horace on Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:16 am

skully wrote:Will the next one be any less corrupt?

Think he is a wealthy capo pig. So seriously corrupt. Will look after the upper class, upper mid class, chiefy types and the good schools. Workers and the poor will continue to cop it in the neck.
avatar
horace


Number of posts : 36407
Age : 108
Reputation : 68
Registration date : 2007-09-06
Flag/Background : ire

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Zuma to go

Post by taipan on Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:24 pm

horace wrote:
skully wrote:Will the next one be any less corrupt?

Think he is a wealthy capo pig. So seriously corrupt. Will look after the upper class, upper mid class, chiefy types and the good schools. Workers and the poor will continue to cop it in the neck.

Ramaphosa was a trade union leader. So much for the informed analysis above.
avatar
taipan


Number of posts : 47008
Age : 117
Reputation : 121
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : saf

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Zuma to go

Post by horace on Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:58 pm

Thought most were useless and corrupt and in the bosses pocket like ours.

avatar
horace


Number of posts : 36407
Age : 108
Reputation : 68
Registration date : 2007-09-06
Flag/Background : ire

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Zuma to go

Post by taipan on Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:14 pm

You thought that being a trade union leader at the height of grand Apartheid, was the same as a being a trade union leader in the nanny state of Australia?
avatar
taipan


Number of posts : 47008
Age : 117
Reputation : 121
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : saf

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Zuma to go

Post by horace on Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:26 pm

Erm no.

Many good union officials were beaten and gaoled in Oz. Not to the same degree as I expect happened in SA. So you hold hopes for the new Prez?
avatar
horace


Number of posts : 36407
Age : 108
Reputation : 68
Registration date : 2007-09-06
Flag/Background : ire

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Zuma to go

Post by lardbucket on Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:46 pm

I think anything would be a step up.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
116 - 9 - 400 - 4

lardbucket


Number of posts : 33177
Reputation : 160
Registration date : 2007-09-04
Flag/Background : baggy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Zuma to go

Post by taipan on Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:04 pm

horace wrote:Erm no.

Many good union officials were beaten and gaoled in Oz. Not to the same degree as I expect happened in SA. So you hold hopes for the new Prez?

I have hopes, but he is ANC through and through so there will be some constraints . However, since his union days he has become independently wealthy and hopefully does not see the need to loot the treasury. He is running on an anti corruption ticket but also understands the need to generate capital to raise living standards.
avatar
taipan


Number of posts : 47008
Age : 117
Reputation : 121
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : saf

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Zuma to go

Post by taipan on Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:05 pm

lardbucket wrote:I think anything would be a step up.

You haven't seen Malema.
avatar
taipan


Number of posts : 47008
Age : 117
Reputation : 121
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : saf

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Zuma to go

Post by taipan on Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:01 am

And the all share jumped 3.76%
avatar
taipan


Number of posts : 47008
Age : 117
Reputation : 121
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : saf

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Zuma to go

Post by horace on Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:02 am

On the promise of more Marikanas
avatar
horace


Number of posts : 36407
Age : 108
Reputation : 68
Registration date : 2007-09-06
Flag/Background : ire

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Zuma to go

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum