Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Australian ball tampering headlines.

+28
krikri
ojitarian
MoH
Paul Keating
WideWally
PeterCS
furriner
beamer
taipan
Fred Nerk
tricycle
Aditya
OP Tipping
Growler
Dello
Basil
Nath
JGK
Bradman
embee
Red
Big Dog
horace
lardbucket
skully
Henry
Blackadder
whitburn
32 posters

Page 9 of 32 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 20 ... 32  Next

Go down

Australian ball tampering headlines. - Page 9 Empty Re: Australian ball tampering headlines.

Post by skully Mon 26 Mar 2018, 11:08

Wow, I can't remember the last time we revved up 9 pages on a topic in under 2 days.
skully
skully

Number of posts : 105981
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : baggy

Back to top Go down

Australian ball tampering headlines. - Page 9 Empty Re: Australian ball tampering headlines.

Post by JGK Mon 26 Mar 2018, 11:16

taipan wrote:
skully wrote:
lardbucket wrote:Today we've had Faf, twice done for playing with his balls, claiming moral high ground because "polishing the ball (with his zip, no less) is not nearly as criminal as abrading the ball with tape".

Is this dinkum, or a pisstake?

At least Faf kept it outside his pants

He prefers to use his mouth.

JGK

Number of posts : 41790
Flag/Background : jnt

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Mon 26 Mar 2018, 11:17

JGK wrote:
taipan wrote:
skully wrote:
lardbucket wrote:Today we've had Faf, twice done for playing with his balls, claiming moral high ground because "polishing the ball (with his zip, no less) is not nearly as criminal as abrading the ball with tape".

Is this dinkum, or a pisstake?

At least Faf kept it outside his pants

He prefers to use his mouth.

I think you will find that was Afridi.
taipan
taipan

Number of posts : 48416
Flag/Background : saf

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Mon 26 Mar 2018, 11:24

Looks like Smith and Warner may miss the Ashes next year and the World Cup.
Red
Red

Number of posts : 17071
Registration date : 2007-10-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Nerk Mon 26 Mar 2018, 11:30

Despicable Dave was long-odds to make it that far anyway.

Fred Nerk

Number of posts : 8821
Registration date : 2007-10-15
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

Post by JGK Mon 26 Mar 2018, 11:32

Red wrote:Looks like Smith and Warner may miss the Ashes next year and the World Cup.

WTF?

JGK

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Mon 26 Mar 2018, 11:33

JGK wrote:
Red wrote:Looks like Smith and Warner may miss the Ashes next year and the World Cup.

WTF?

Random BS. I can't even find confirmation that he is out of the next test yet.
taipan
taipan

Back to top Go down

Post by embee Mon 26 Mar 2018, 11:36

Australian ball tampering headlines. - Page 9 29063885_1596165463754360_3846356213303875286_o

Australia's new Test Captain
embee
embee

Number of posts : 26217
Registration date : 2007-09-03
Flag/Background : aus

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Nerk Mon 26 Mar 2018, 11:37

Smith's official. I saw something somewhere about Warner but no suggestion of any decision past Jo.burg.

Fred Nerk

Back to top Go down

Post by embee Mon 26 Mar 2018, 11:43

Red wrote:Looks like Smith and Warner may miss the Ashes next year and the World Cup

CBA and Employment law calls bullshit
embee
embee

Number of posts : 26217
Registration date : 2007-09-03
Flag/Background : aus

Back to top Go down

Post by JGK Mon 26 Mar 2018, 11:45

embee wrote:
Red wrote:Looks like Smith and Warner may miss the Ashes next year and the World Cup

CBA and Employment law calls bullshit

Indeed.

JGK

Back to top Go down

Post by Bradman Mon 26 Mar 2018, 11:52

Interesting conundrum for CA. They could make history in regards to restraint of trade laws. Htf do you spell schadenfreude?
Bradman
Bradman

Number of posts : 17402
Registration date : 2008-08-13
Flag/Background : war

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Mon 26 Mar 2018, 11:56

Surely there must be some behaviour clause in the contract.
taipan
taipan

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Nerk Mon 26 Mar 2018, 12:01

There is....or Warner wouldn't have been carpeted over Root.

Fred Nerk

Back to top Go down

Post by Growler Mon 26 Mar 2018, 12:12

Not sure an international ban would constitute restraint of trade though .... if they can play domestic after say 6 months, then they can pursue their careers, no ?
Growler
Growler

Australian ball tampering headlines. - Page 9 MPDozzd

Number of posts : 2286
Registration date : 2007-10-13

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Mon 26 Mar 2018, 12:13

taipan wrote:Surely there must be some behaviour clause in the contract.

There is, inc life bans for cheating.
horace
horace

Number of posts : 42573
Registration date : 2007-09-06
Flag/Background : ire

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Mon 26 Mar 2018, 12:14

horace wrote:
taipan wrote:Surely there must be some behaviour clause in the contract.

There is, inc life bans for cheating.

Maybe I am missing something. How does restraint of trade come into it then?
taipan
taipan

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Mon 26 Mar 2018, 12:21

It doesn't
horace
horace

Number of posts : 42573
Registration date : 2007-09-06
Flag/Background : ire

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Mon 26 Mar 2018, 12:25

horace wrote:It doesn't

Cool. I know Australia is a nanny state so thought they might be some weird law.
taipan
taipan

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Mon 26 Mar 2018, 12:29

A Red gee-up, shirley. CA are not due to release findings or decisions until Wednesday. And nothing on the wires.
skully
skully

Number of posts : 105981

Back to top Go down

Post by Aditya Mon 26 Mar 2018, 12:32

After cheating, a barrage of lies? Steve Smith took special care in pointing out that the yellow material was not sandpaper but a tape to stick granules from the rough areas of the pitch.

Really?

Was the plan to have bancroft to bend down near the pitch ever so often to collect the granules and then proceed to rub it on the ball? Is it even possible to pull out a sticky tape so easily out of pocket without having it stick either on the fabric or the fingers?

Looks to me this lying piece of feces thought he would get away just like the DRS episode in India.

Aditya

Number of posts : 512
Registration date : 2010-12-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Bradman Mon 26 Mar 2018, 12:33

It's not my speciality but I thought I'd throw some note oil on the fire just coz this situation is so laughable. But the way the IPl is set up.......
.? Oh fark it
Bradman
Bradman

Back to top Go down

Post by Growler Mon 26 Mar 2018, 12:43

skully wrote:I see Sturat has bandwagonned in a presser in NZ and claimed Aus probably "cheated" during the Ashes, claiming early reverse swing in conditions allegedly non-conducive.

Classy. Perhaps he should concentrate on his own and his team's form, seeing they just lost by an innings to the Sheep.

I wouldn't disagree with the sentiment, skulls - and I certainly won't defend SB's past quntishness, but ..... but ......

This is the real damage, isn't it ?

No-one, but *no one* seriously disputes Jimmy Anderson as one of the all-time top exponents of swing bowling, including posters here. Jimmy's been at the top for over 10 years - have you ever in that time read of any bowler making the ball swing when he didn't ?

Look, nobody, so far as I know, accused Australia of cheating during the Ashes - and frankly they didn't have to anyway since we were so dreadful. However, in light of the last few days, you surely don't believe that the concerns are totally without foundation, my friend? Smith & Co have made the question go from "sore loser whining" to legitimate suspicion.

Broad's a dick - but wasn't it Lehman himself who whipped up press and fans alike to "send him home crying" after "Walking-gate"? They say revenge is a dish best served cold, and it's hard for me to blame him enjoying it.
Growler
Growler

Australian ball tampering headlines. - Page 9 MPDozzd

Number of posts : 2286
Registration date : 2007-10-13

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Mon 26 Mar 2018, 12:48

Growler wrote:
skully wrote:I see Sturat has bandwagonned in a presser in NZ and claimed Aus probably "cheated" during the Ashes, claiming early reverse swing in conditions allegedly non-conducive.

Classy. Perhaps he should concentrate on his own and his team's form, seeing they just lost by an innings to the Sheep.

I wouldn't disagree with the sentiment, skulls - and I certainly won't defend SB's past quntishness, but ..... but ......

This is the real damage, isn't it ?

No-one, but *no one* seriously disputes Jimmy Anderson as one of the all-time top exponents of swing bowling, including posters here. Jimmy's been at the top for over 10 years - have you ever in that time read of any bowler making the ball swing when he didn't ?

Look, nobody, so far as I know, accused Australia of cheating during the Ashes - and frankly they didn't have to anyway since we were so dreadful. However, in light of the last few days, you surely don't believe that the concerns are totally without foundation, my friend? Smith & Co have made the question go from "sore loser whining" to legitimate suspicion.

Broad's a dick - but wasn't it Lehman himself who whipped up press and fans alike to "send him home crying" after "Walking-gate"? They say revenge is a dish best served cold, and it's hard for me to blame him enjoying it.

Aye, that would be the same Lehmann who laid an official complaint about SA crowds on Friday.
taipan
taipan

Back to top Go down

Post by Bradman Mon 26 Mar 2018, 12:55

Wtf dp ypjw think we're so pissed off?
Bradman
Bradman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 32 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 20 ... 32  Next