Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aus Federal Politics thread (XV)

+14
Aditya
Fred Nerk
OP Tipping
Fromage
beamer
Blackadder
WideWally
Bradman
Red
taipan
JGK
embee
Big Dog
horace
18 posters

Page 36 of 37 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37  Next

Go down

Aus Federal Politics thread (XV) - Page 36 Empty Re: Aus Federal Politics thread (XV)

Post by Nath Sat 21 May 2022, 03:20

better fasten the seatbelt, it's gonna be a bumpy ride for the next 3 (?) years until the next election
Nath
Nath

Number of posts : 11971
Registration date : 2007-09-04
Flag/Background : baggy

Back to top Go down

Aus Federal Politics thread (XV) - Page 36 Empty Re: Aus Federal Politics thread (XV)

Post by horace Sat 21 May 2022, 12:37

lardbucket wrote:
horace wrote:close result though and the poison will continue until the extremists get full control.... the MM will be having a meltdown.

poisoning over after today horrie?

Sharp rejection of the right of the Libs. With wins to Indis and Labs, you will have to drive 50 klms from the centre of Melbourne to find a Lib seat.

Last edited by horace on Sat 21 May 2022, 13:01; edited 1 time in total
horace
horace

Number of posts : 42573
Registration date : 2007-09-06
Flag/Background : ire

Back to top Go down

Post by lardbucket Sat 21 May 2022, 12:55

Poisoning complete and extremists in control

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
116 - 9 - 400 - 4

lardbucket

Number of posts : 38105
Registration date : 2007-09-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Nerk Sat 21 May 2022, 13:57

A bit like the FA Cup result - the mob I'm not all that keen on beat the mob I can't have a bar of.

Fred Nerk

Number of posts : 8815
Registration date : 2007-10-15
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

Post by lardbucket Sat 21 May 2022, 22:02

Ineptitude remains more popular than complete quntery.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
116 - 9 - 400 - 4

lardbucket

Back to top Go down

Post by Nath Sat 21 May 2022, 23:36

are we "Taiwan Junior" yet?
Nath
Nath

Back to top Go down

Post by lardbucket Sun 22 May 2022, 00:04

In an election result which looks more like an ‘It’s Time’ Whitlam seismic shift than the baton pass from Fraser to Hawke; I note the following absolute highlights: Craig Kelly gone, Keneally not elected ... and the following causes for regret: a Lambie stooge elected to the Senate, Ken Wyatt out, and the repulsively reptilian Dutton, the most convincing evidence for the Lizard People conspiracy I’ve ever seen, likely to be the new Liberal leader, giving us an unelectable and irrelevant opposition for as long as he survives.

lardbucket

Back to top Go down

Post by lardbucket Sun 22 May 2022, 00:06

lardbucket wrote:Ineptitude remains more popular than complete quntery.

Perhaps more simply: a vote for Forrest Gump over Voldemort.

lardbucket

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Sun 22 May 2022, 00:30

Congrats to the Pinkos on their inevitable Election win.

I hope they do a better job than under Rudd-Gillard-Rudd.
skully
skully

Number of posts : 105957
Registration date : 2007-08-31

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Sun 22 May 2022, 00:32

Voldemorte as Lib leader - ugh!!

And did Keneally really get beaten?? If so, a rare piece of good news from this debacle.
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Sun 22 May 2022, 02:19

Albo announces new national anthem

the futures so bright, I gotta wear shades

I remembered this song at around 2.30 this morning. Catchy as hell.
horace
horace

Back to top Go down

Post by Nath Sun 22 May 2022, 02:42

it's been 11 hours and Albo hasn't done anything as PM. Lift your game, Albo! fishing

also the sky hasn't fallen in, bloody newscorp!
Nath
Nath

Back to top Go down

Post by JGK Sun 22 May 2022, 08:58

skully wrote:Voldemorte as Lib leader - ugh!!

And did Keneally really get beaten?? If so, a rare piece of good news from this debacle.

Yep - KK gone. It could cost them an outright majority.

Stunning night. I am bang in the middle of Teal territory and there's been an amazing feel about the place.

If Bennelong falls, that would be 3 ex-Tory PM seats to fall on the night, not to mention that the seat of Menzies is close.

JGK

Number of posts : 41790
Flag/Background : jnt

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Sun 22 May 2022, 10:46

Bloodbath. Or should I say Tealbath. No
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Nerk Sun 22 May 2022, 15:31

The unspeakable Hanson also in line for the Norgen Vaas

Fred Nerk

Back to top Go down

Post by embee Sun 22 May 2022, 16:44

The only Libs left in wozcentral are the church sponsored Hastie and Goodenough

10+% swing across the board and the born to rule teal Chaney taking Curtin

(daughter of Michael and niece of Fred)

wozrural still ruled by the Libs
embee
embee

Number of posts : 26215
Flag/Background : aus

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Mon 23 May 2022, 03:39

OK Albo, let's see what you've got.

When Shortarse was looking to be the PM last Election I told anyone who'd listen "Shortarse is an arrogant turd, Albo should be leading the Pinkos".

He strikes me as a much more genuine, fair dinkum character.

So be yourself, Albo. Avoid class warfare. Govern for ALL the people.

I'm willing to give you a go. But the minute you fall into Pinko Politics (fark the "rich" and fark business, give everything to the "poor", and kowtow to the shrinking Unions), you're farked. Remember the silent majority that skinned your Party last time. Don't bow to the Left or Right of your party, bow to the people. And keep that arrogant biatch Penny Wong in line. She polarises the people.

Scomo failed the Trust Test. Don't you fail it.
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by embee Mon 23 May 2022, 03:56

Sco Mo replace by AnAl

Shorten was a turd they tried to polish

AnAl is covered in glitter

"fighting tories" is class warfare

Rudd and Gillard will be happy as they will move to 2nd and 3rd worst PM
embee
embee

Number of posts : 26215
Flag/Background : aus

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Mon 23 May 2022, 04:19

We shall see.

I fear he may be too weak to stand up to the muscle men and women amongst the Pinks, but, as I said, I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt at this stage.
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by JGK Mon 23 May 2022, 08:49

The Wozzies have rooted us again. They've allowed the Pinkos to get an outright majority. Would have been much better for them to have to deal with the cross bench.

JGK

Number of posts : 41790
Flag/Background : jnt

Back to top Go down

Post by Nath Mon 23 May 2022, 09:41

skully wrote:OK Albo, let's see what you've got.

When Shortarse was looking to be the PM last Election I told anyone who'd listen "Shortarse is an arrogant turd, Albo should be leading the Pinkos".

He strikes me as a much more genuine, fair dinkum character.

So be yourself, Albo. Avoid class warfare. Govern for ALL the people.

I'm willing to give you a go. But the minute you fall into Pinko Politics (fark the "rich" and fark business, give everything to the "poor", and kowtow to the shrinking Unions), you're farked. Remember the silent majority that skinned your Party last time. Don't bow to the Left or Right of your party, bow to the people. And keep that arrogant biatch Penny Wong in line. She polarises the people.

Scomo failed the Trust Test. Don't you fail it.

he strikes me as a dumbass puppet every time he opens his mouth.
Nath
Nath

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Nerk Wed 25 May 2022, 03:59

So Dutton gets the whinger-in-chief's job that Costello quit altogether to avoid, and Snedden, Hayden, Peacock and either Crean or Beasley before him and Nelson and Shorten since, all know why he did: the first new-Oppo head-honcho gig after Govt is the last train to nowheresville. He's alternative PM in about the same way as Harpic is an alternative drink, but that scarcely matters five minutes, or five months, after the election result.

Meanwhile, look forward to a period of chest-thumping and head-kicking and cornflakes-packet-MBA 'politics is tuff and so am I' bluster so the blood-and-guts crowd have something to look at, with Mutton the perfect clown for that kind of side-show - the rest of the party all the while doing the serious yakka involved in having another, realistic shot at government in 2025.

Fred Nerk

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Wed 25 May 2022, 07:43

Voldemort will never be PM material, so I can't see the point of his appointment. I suppose he's the "best" of a really shit lot.
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Wed 25 May 2022, 08:19

skully wrote:Voldemort will never be PM material, so I can't see the point of his appointment. I suppose he's the "best" of a really shit lot.

Could have been Angus Taylor... most likely the first crook to be rumbled by ICAC, so best to stay with Potatohead
horace
horace

Back to top Go down

Post by lardbucket Wed 25 May 2022, 12:33

Fred Nerk wrote:So Dutton gets the whinger-in-chief's job that Costello quit altogether to avoid, and Snedden, Hayden, Peacock and either Crean or Beasley before him and Nelson and Shorten since, all know why he did: the first new-Oppo head-honcho gig after Govt is the last train to nowheresville. He's alternative PM in about the same way as Harpic is an alternative drink, but that scarcely matters five minutes, or five months, after the election result.

Meanwhile, look forward to a period of chest-thumping and head-kicking and cornflakes-packet-MBA 'politics is tuff and so am I' bluster so the blood-and-guts crowd have something to look at, with Mutton the perfect clown for that kind of side-show - the rest of the party all the while doing the serious yakka involved in having another, realistic shot at government in 2025.

Downer was another one.

In more inspiring news, it appears Pauline will be Pantsdowned by the legalise marijuana party. Fantastic.

lardbucket

horace likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 36 of 37 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37  Next