Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

U-19 Tri Series in Sri Lanka(Sri Lanka v Pakistan v England)

5 posters

Go down

U-19 Tri Series in Sri Lanka(Sri Lanka v Pakistan v England) Empty U-19 Tri Series in Sri Lanka(Sri Lanka v Pakistan v England)

Post by DJ_Smerk Mon 28 Jan 2008, 20:16

Has there been much on this Tournament yet? Interesting to see new young guns who could make it big for their 3 countries in this here tournament! Here

James Harris as always is the man for England U-19's both with Bat and Ball IMO!

Top 3 Wicket Takers so far in this series...after 5 Games.

1) Mohammad Aamer (PaU19) WKTS: 8 BBI: 4/29 Avrg: 9.25
2) Adil Raza (PaU19) WKTS: 7 BBI: 3/39 Avrg: 15.28
3) JAR Harris (EnU19) WKTS: 6 BBI: 3/66 Avrg: 24.66

Aamer needs to be nurtured from a Pakistan POV as Does Harris from Englands POV!

Top 3 Batsmen for the Series after 5 Games!

LD Chandimal (SlU19)
BC Brown (EnU19)
Ahmed Shehzad (PaU19)

Batting Stats in Full
DJ_Smerk
DJ_Smerk

Number of posts : 15938
Registration date : 2007-09-08
Flag/Background : jnt

Back to top Go down

U-19 Tri Series in Sri Lanka(Sri Lanka v Pakistan v England) Empty Re: U-19 Tri Series in Sri Lanka(Sri Lanka v Pakistan v England)

Post by JKLever Mon 28 Jan 2008, 20:22

Yeah 3-66 off 9 overs!

Good to see our youngsters are taking hints from the 1st team - getting whacked for 312 and then getting close with 154 all out :|
JKLever
JKLever

Number of posts : 27236
Registration date : 2007-08-06
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

U-19 Tri Series in Sri Lanka(Sri Lanka v Pakistan v England) Empty Re: U-19 Tri Series in Sri Lanka(Sri Lanka v Pakistan v England)

Post by Lara Lara Laughs Mon 28 Jan 2008, 20:30

What happened to that Pakistani bowler that swung the ball unbelievably? Hooped it all over the place. I posted a video of him once on C4.
Lara Lara Laughs
Lara Lara Laughs

Number of posts : 8943
Registration date : 2007-08-31

Back to top Go down

Post by DJ_Smerk Mon 28 Jan 2008, 20:37

JAR Harris is going to be a revelation for England JKL! Mark My words. Even though my words are usually unreadable.

LLL, I know who you mean!
DJ_Smerk
DJ_Smerk

Back to top Go down

Post by Lara Lara Laughs Mon 28 Jan 2008, 20:40

Ali something was it??? He was in the under 19s a couple of years ago so he'd be about 21ish now.

Harris would know. Anyone remember Harris from C4? Exclamation marks after everything he posted? He was great. He really loved his cricket.
Lara Lara Laughs
Lara Lara Laughs

Back to top Go down

Post by JKLever Mon 28 Jan 2008, 20:45

DJ_Smerk wrote:JAR Harris is going to be a revelation for England JKL!

He's a bit too Welsh for my liking Wink

They tend to do great and then break down with horrible career threatening injuries. I think he should move to a class place like Essex or get struck down by the hoodoo
JKLever
JKLever

Number of posts : 27236
Registration date : 2007-08-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Winkle Spinner Mon 28 Jan 2008, 20:46

Lara Lara Laughs wrote:Ali something was it??? He was in the under 19s a couple of years ago so he'd be about 21ish now.

Harris would know. Anyone remember Harris from C4? Exclamation marks after everything he posted? He was great. He really loved his cricket.

I think his name was Anwar Ali Khan. He could bowl fabulous inswingers, but was a bit short on pace, if I remember correctly.

I think I remember hearing he had to remodel his action after getting stress fractures in his back, though that may have been someone else.
Winkle Spinner
Winkle Spinner

Number of posts : 953
Registration date : 2007-09-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Basil Mon 28 Jan 2008, 20:48

JKLever wrote:
DJ_Smerk wrote:JAR Harris is going to be a revelation for England JKL!

He's a bit too Welsh for my liking Wink

They tend to do great and then break down with horrible career threatening injuries. I think he should move to a class place like Worcestershire or get struck down by the hoodoo

Fixed.
Basil
Basil

Number of posts : 15936
Registration date : 2007-09-03

Back to top Go down

Post by DJ_Smerk Mon 28 Jan 2008, 20:49

James Harris, is not built like Simon Jones and hopefully won't have as many break downs as him. Obviously, once JAR goes on the weights a bit and gets a little bulk on he will become even better! Plus, he is also a decent lower order batsman!
DJ_Smerk
DJ_Smerk

Back to top Go down

Post by Lara Lara Laughs Mon 28 Jan 2008, 21:50

Winkle Spinner wrote:
Lara Lara Laughs wrote:Ali something was it??? He was in the under 19s a couple of years ago so he'd be about 21ish now.

I think his name was Anwar Ali Khan. He could bowl fabulous inswingers, but was a bit short on pace, if I remember correctly.

I think I remember hearing he had to remodel his action after getting stress fractures in his back, though that may have been someone else.

Cheers, Rip Van. The google abides.

Here's a video of the lad - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKM2dNbLkpE

Brilliance. Thanks for the info on his injuries too.
Lara Lara Laughs
Lara Lara Laughs

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down