Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Indian media in losing the plot shock

3 posters

Go down

Indian media in losing the plot shock Empty Indian media in losing the plot shock

Post by tac Fri 29 Feb 2008, 07:01

Why whine instead of throwing the book at the Aussies?
TNN / Manoj Mitta
PrintSaveWrite to EditorMail

Brits introduced the rule of law in India long before they brought in cricket. But when it comes to dealing with violations of the famed ‘spirit’ of cricket, Indian authorities have somehow made a virtue of not invoking the rule of law embodied in the ICC code of conduct.

Despite the succession of gratuitous provocations from Aussies in the course of the ongoing series, Indian cricket administrators and players seem to prefer whining and playing martyrs to the cause of "gentleman's game" than seeking legal remedies available to them within the ICC framework.

That comment makes batman and prasad seem objective commentators . . . still, at least they acknowledge the Indians are whiners. Laughing
tac
tac

Number of posts : 19270
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : pon

Back to top Go down

Indian media in losing the plot shock Empty Re: Indian media in losing the plot shock

Post by Batman Fri 29 Feb 2008, 08:02

TAC - No one on this forum loves BCCI or Bhajji. No love lost here for either. We were worked up over the racism issue, the issue of Bucknor messing up for us again and again and the way the Bhajji trial went. Lots of OTT reactions there sure but there was some burning issue or two there that we all could identify with. Just too much happening there in too few days. Storms come and pass and we all get back to work.

But you need to understand where this comes from. This post will hopefully help you understand why this happens with Indian fans [Skully may not like reading beyond two paras, but it's needed].

The tirades you see in indiatimes - They mainly arise because the layman is fed on an emotional national patriotic notion on everything, biggest among it is Indian cricket. Politicians strive on emotional issues, media feeds on fanning them, so any thing and everything becomes personal and national. Ignorance of the cricketing culture, the actual game itself and contentment on merely results achieved against Pakistan is what really defines their limited understanding apart from JAMODI triumphs achieved on flat beds at home.

This patriotic jingoism is now also exploited by all the corporates who are milking cricket and pumping in the moolah. The BCCI, media, corporate circus on Indian cricket will work as long as they all keep aggravating and pumping up the patriotic emotional jingosim to such higher levels. People fed up with corrupt politics, system failures, stressful personal lives with round the clock running for security and day to day struggle to keep food on the table with zero options in personal entertainment and sports alternatives to de-stress fall prey to them again and again. Govt corruption and dictotorial hold on most sports has killed them all. Cricket is the only place where they get instant gratification, where they forget their problems.

Cricket thus becomes their win all, lose all battlefield where they give vent to their deepest ire and grievances. The playground becomes the stage where the whole of India conquers the world or loses on the pitch. The frenzy is fanned and built ruthlessly and shamelessly by all vested parties involved in this commercial tamasha....

People who forum and mingle regularly with other countries folks or who work under such environments know where they are heading. But a majority still reacts from naivism, ignorance and emotional media manipulation that revels in flaming passions that comes from constant highlighting of just one side of the coin where they justify that an Indian player has been victimised and the whole of the nation done in.

Once education, cultural exposure to international movements and more awareness of international politics sets in, things will change. We still have a long way to go. Things are changing. People will soon be able to take things in a stride. Till then I am afraid you will have to take in with a pinch of salt such naive emotional outbursts and nationalistic rabbles. I would be a liar if I didn't admit the whole Bhajji episode didn't get built up on the factors I explained here for a vast majority of the people.....

Last edited by Batman on Fri 29 Feb 2008, 10:33; edited 2 times in total
Batman
Batman

Number of posts : 8881
Registration date : 2007-09-08
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

Indian media in losing the plot shock Empty Re: Indian media in losing the plot shock

Post by Batman Fri 29 Feb 2008, 08:06

I have now posted 3/4th of the page size worth of tripe that no one will read surely. Before anyone shows up to make a crack on it, I will say it beforehand....

I am sounding like Karti on this sure, but it needed saying...

Laughing
Batman
Batman

Number of posts : 8881
Registration date : 2007-09-08
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

Post by *Buckaroo* Fri 29 Feb 2008, 08:14

Sometimes the aussies are confused by the Indian fans PoV. And there is a pretty simple reason for that.

Channel 9 often skips replays of footage where aussies are in the wrong. They basically have made it an art to skew their telecast in favor of aussie public opinion and whims and fancies of ex-players.

So most aus supporters wonder what the fuss is all about ?
*Buckaroo*
*Buckaroo*

Number of posts : 4771
Registration date : 2007-09-06
Flag/Background : wi

http://exc4cricket.forum-motion.com/index.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by tac Fri 29 Feb 2008, 09:41

Batty, I do take it all with a pinch of salt . . . I find those comments in the India Times and on various forums extemely amusing. I think the one thing that has got zatty and a couple of others so het up us that, after the sydney test, a few forummers on this site made just the kind of comments you'd expect to see in the India times.
tac
tac

Number of posts : 19270
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : pon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down