Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Talk about Loony BCCI and Insane Racist Indian Media.....

+10
embee
horace
HH_pink
The One
leg glancer
Fred Nerk
SG
Henry Nolonga
doremi
Batman
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Talk about Loony BCCI and Insane Racist Indian Media..... Empty Talk about Loony BCCI and Insane Racist Indian Media.....

Post by Batman Wed 05 Mar 2008, 21:50

Jeez, giving out a 10 crore prize for winning a tri-series is too overboard by Pawar and BCCI. Cricketers can't be rewarded just anything for winning anything. It's not like this was the World Cup or something. Azharuddin's team won 5 such tri-nations cups in 1998. CB series win is not as special as the World Championship India won 23 years back on Aus soil. Talk about overkill.

And as expected India's loony media is back to it's jingoistic arse reporting of winning the world and being world beaters and all that crap jam bola. Just wish in all this over-celebration and hoopla someone with sound mind would have shown highlights of India's matches with Bangals and Lanka from last WC to put some perspective. Sheesh, I for a second could be pardoned for thinking we won a World Cup last night. But among all the mindless over the top pseudo-patriotic Jamboree that passed for 'News Reporting', coming as it did from a celebrity obsessed media that thinks of a two bit actor dating a two bit actress on a lunch out as Breaking News, the one that appalled and disgusted me most was Star News.

It took me 5 minutes to figure out I was not switching non-stop between Star News and Animal Planet initially. I was not holding the remote control in the hand as I ate my dinner watching. What I was watching with puzzlement was a docudrama of India's win on prime time news slot. The narrator kept on uttering nonsense, Inter cut with images of on field cricket and cricketers interspersed with shots of animals hunting in the jungle. It went like this -

Narrator, "We are the Lions..."
Inter cut to Lions prowling in Jungle majestically.
Cut to Sachin hitting a glorious cover drive.

Narrator, "We are the Tigers..."
Inter cut to Tigers running after a hunt.
Cut to Dhoni hitting a boundary.

Narrator, "We hunt ruthlessly..."
Inter cut to a leopord jumping and overpowering a Buck.
Cut to Punter getting out as Yuvraj takes his catch.

Narrator,"We were the masters of the hunt..."
Inter cut to a Bear pulling out a fish from a riverside.
Cut to Hussey getting caught behind by Dhoni.

Narrator, "The Hunters were the hunted..."
Inter cut to an Eagle swooping down and getting a bird in mid-flight.
Cut to Pathan getting Hopes out.

Narrator, "We beat all odds..."
Inter cut to more shots of Lions Tigers and what not.
Cuts of Sreesanth and Bhajji dancing, and more Aussie bats dancing like cats on a tin roof.

But the worst was yet to follow:

Narrator, "They stood no chance..."
Various intercuts of Lions hunting and Bhajji getting Symonds LBW and celebrating wildly
Inter cut to a monkey jumping up and down a tree branch in absolute terror and panic...interspersed with a shot of Symonds walking back with disappointment and disbelief......

Farking, Farking, stupid, brainless, mindless, spiv and spit spewing, bileful, vengeful, hateful, irresponsible and jingoistic, mad for TRPs and ads, and absolutely no respect and regards for apolitical reporting, just simply no responsibility and no intention ever except to provoke passions, create controversies, and leach off passions shamelessly................

Indian media is the worst ever bunch of far king pig s and would never be allowed to set shop in any other country.

violin No Mad Evil or Very Mad

Last edited by Batman on Thu 06 Mar 2008, 17:19; edited 2 times in total
Batman
Batman

Number of posts : 8881
Registration date : 2007-09-08
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

Talk about Loony BCCI and Insane Racist Indian Media..... Empty Re: Talk about Loony BCCI and Insane Racist Indian Media.....

Post by doremi Wed 05 Mar 2008, 22:10

You watch Star News? I don't, and I'm all the happier for it. I'd advise staying off Times Now as well.
doremi
doremi

Number of posts : 9743
Registration date : 2007-09-04
Flag/Background : ind

Back to top Go down

Talk about Loony BCCI and Insane Racist Indian Media..... Empty Re: Talk about Loony BCCI and Insane Racist Indian Media.....

Post by Henry Nolonga Wed 05 Mar 2008, 22:12

Star News is absolute shite with 95% of the 'news' being about TV shows or films. It's pretty much all sensationalist crap.
Henry Nolonga
Henry Nolonga

Number of posts : 1639
Flag/Background : none

Back to top Go down

Post by doremi Wed 05 Mar 2008, 22:14

Yup, possibly the worst news channel in history. Infact, I'm not sure it can be described as a news channel. It's a peculian hybrid of film and cricket gossip reporting.
doremi
doremi

Number of posts : 9743

Back to top Go down

Post by SG Wed 05 Mar 2008, 22:32

doremi wrote:Yup, possibly the worst news channel in history. Infact, I'm not sure it can be described as a news channel. It's a peculian hybrid of film and cricket gossip reporting.
Looks like you guys haven't seen News24 as yet.

Its even 'better'.

SG

Number of posts : 12806
Registration date : 2007-09-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Nerk Wed 05 Mar 2008, 22:39

Dunno about 'worst in history' but wouldn't quibble at 'worst never to feature Naomi Robson'.

Fred Nerk

Number of posts : 8807
Registration date : 2007-10-15

Back to top Go down

Post by SG Wed 05 Mar 2008, 22:41

giving out a 10 crore prize for winning a tri-series is too overboard by Pawar and BCCI
Do you have any problem with that?

Atleast I don't.

BTW do you know that BCCI has donated Rs 25 crores for other sports. Now what would you say? Was BCCI anyway obliged to do that? Or was that too overboard? Mind you this sum is 2.5 times that of what cricketers received.

SG

Number of posts : 12806

Back to top Go down

Post by leg glancer Thu 06 Mar 2008, 00:15

Note : Star News is owned by Murdoch.
leg glancer
leg glancer

Number of posts : 800
Registration date : 2007-11-19

Back to top Go down

Post by The One Thu 06 Mar 2008, 00:45

doremi wrote:Yup, possibly the worst news channel in history. Infact, I'm not sure it can be described as a news channel. It's a peculian hybrid of film and cricket gossip reporting.

i guess you dont see the hindi news channels. the best one makes star news look like the bbc

The One

Number of posts : 9035
Registration date : 2007-09-05

Back to top Go down

Post by HH_pink Thu 06 Mar 2008, 04:32

That's true. Very Happy
HH_pink
HH_pink

Talk about Loony BCCI and Insane Racist Indian Media..... APSeEpm

Number of posts : 3353

Back to top Go down

Post by HH_pink Thu 06 Mar 2008, 04:34

SG wrote:
giving out a 10 crore prize for winning a tri-series is too overboard by Pawar and BCCI
Do you have any problem with that?

Atleast I don't.

BTW do you know that BCCI has donated Rs 25 crores for other sports. Now what would you say? Was BCCI anyway obliged to do that? Or was that too overboard? Mind you this sum is 2.5 times that of what cricketers received.

SG, those're entire sports and sport organizations that badly need the money if India is to ever, if at all, become a multi-sporting nation. These are a handful of individual cricketers. Where's the comparison?
HH_pink
HH_pink

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Thu 06 Mar 2008, 11:03

I cannot believe that any indian news outlet resembles the worst of the jingoistic rubbish we get from the murdoch media in Australia...tell me it anit so!!
horace
horace

Number of posts : 42573
Flag/Background : ire

Back to top Go down

Post by HH_pink Thu 06 Mar 2008, 11:09

It anit so.
HH_pink
HH_pink

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Thu 06 Mar 2008, 11:19

lol..seriously pinky - but do you really think the Indian media is worse than the Oz media - in terms of jingooism and being one-eyed...if this is the case do think this supports my argument that Indian culture is failing to critically interogate its strengths and weaknesses???

personally i think that the oz media, as a whole, has the quality of an RD post
horace
horace

Back to top Go down

Post by HH_pink Thu 06 Mar 2008, 11:29

horace wrote:lol..seriously pinky - but do you really think the Indian media is worse than the Oz media - in terms of jingooism and being one-eyed...if this is the case do think this supports my argument that Indian culture is failing to critically interogate its strengths and weaknesses???

personally i think that the oz media, as a whole, has the quality of an RD post

Oh, but I'd say the Indian media, on the whole, has the quality of your posts. Seriously. :| There are a few good news channels and papers of course, but when the rotten news outlets get jingoistic, they really get so cyclops. That being the case, I wouldn't say though that it supports your argument because the same jingoistic news channels do a lot of critically interrogating the culture stuff when it comes to internal matters and issues. It is only when a comparably sized external d!ck is involved that things tend to get a bit stiffy and sticky and violin and suicide .
HH_pink
HH_pink

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Thu 06 Mar 2008, 11:44

oh well... i tried and failed to engage...most of the time here I think the media trails behind popular sentiment and views...the national apology to stolen generations of indigenous people is a recent case in point...our media under current law has been increasingly concentrated in the hands of a small number of boardrooms...would have thought the Indian media may have been able to sustain a greater diversity of view
horace
horace

Back to top Go down

Post by HH_pink Thu 06 Mar 2008, 11:51

That's what I said.
HH_pink
HH_pink

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Thu 06 Mar 2008, 12:20

fair enough Very Happy
horace
horace

Back to top Go down

Post by embee Thu 06 Mar 2008, 15:41

Vikas

Reading the comments sections of your internet news services would show the main people that the news stories are aimed at ...and why the stories are so intellectually challenged ...

Listen to talk back radio in Australia or read our comments sections and you will see that a large number of morons that the media can play to here as well ...

...and I'm sure you could interchange most nationalities into the above
embee
embee

Number of posts : 26187
Registration date : 2007-09-03
Flag/Background : aus

Back to top Go down

Post by Josh Carney Thu 06 Mar 2008, 15:51

BCCI has all the money to throw at whatever they want to because the nation is emphatically aligned to one sport. That needs to change for India to become a multinational sporting Country. It will over time I am sure of that.

For now at least the challenges posted by Zee / ICL has kept BCCI a bit in check whereby visibly atleast they seem to be backing the players and taking their input into consideration. Long way to go though before we call them professional. Seeing the political likes fo Powar and others on the stage is such a turn off. If only Symonds had tackled him instead of Martyn or whoever it was, a couple of years ago.

Josh Carney

Number of posts : 1751

Back to top Go down

Post by furriner Thu 06 Mar 2008, 16:05

horace wrote:oh well... i tried and failed to engage...most of the time here I think the media trails behind popular sentiment and views...the national apology to stolen generations of indigenous people is a recent case in point...our media under current law has been increasingly concentrated in the hands of a small number of boardrooms...would have thought the Indian media may have been able to sustain a greater diversity of view

As a nation we are lacking in self confidence, quick to claim 'world records', quicker still to take offence, ready to boil over with percieved slight, mean and intolerant within our own society, insensitive to and careless of the 'general good'. We are also possessed of a generosity of spirit which IMO is unmatched in the world, possessed of a great sense of the joy of living. We are careful not to offend, and ready to go out of our way to help others in a way that is IMO unmatched outside South Asia. We are very racist yet can handle and tolerate great diversity in our world views.

Make of that what you will.
furriner
furriner

Number of posts : 12507

Back to top Go down

Post by Mick Sawyer Thu 06 Mar 2008, 16:18

Reasonable honesty & insight I'd move.
Mick Sawyer
Mick Sawyer

Number of posts : 7267
Registration date : 2007-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post by tac Thu 06 Mar 2008, 16:19

Mick Sawyer wrote:

Except for
We are also possessed of a generosity of spirit which IMO is unmatched in the world
tac
tac

Number of posts : 19270
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : pon

Back to top Go down

Post by furriner Thu 06 Mar 2008, 16:45

tac wrote:
Mick Sawyer wrote:

Except for
We are also possessed of a generosity of spirit which IMO is unmatched in the world

We're not generous to confirmed batsards like you.
furriner
furriner

Number of posts : 12507

Back to top Go down

Post by Batman Thu 06 Mar 2008, 17:03

The One wrote:

i guess you dont see the hindi news channels. the best one makes star news look like the bbc

Man these news channels are such a nightmare now. Not a single good one in sight where one can tune to some no-nonsense, no frills, plain as it is professional reporting. These channels are either pimping the women's soaps latest shocking developments and plot twists, or replaying the nth number of mindless singing reality shows, in it's entirety [almost a re-run] or running live comedy shows of endless done to death, boring and repetitive stand ups of Raju Shrivastava or bitching about the latest romantic jaunts of Abhi-Ash and Saif-Kareena. Do these bloody shitheads have a sense of what news reporting is and what their priority should be?

They avoid paying the tax slabs that entertainment channels pay to IB Ministry, start off as 'news channels' and end up becoming an entertainment channel themselves. The only decent channel that is half unglamorous is Sahara Samay but looks tacky like the old DD. But much better than the rest I suppose.....

Last edited by Batman on Thu 06 Mar 2008, 18:43; edited 2 times in total
Batman
Batman

Number of posts : 8881
Registration date : 2007-09-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next