Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The ICC is funny

+9
*Buckaroo*
Brass Monkey
lardbucket
doremi
holcs
taipan
Batman
tac
horace
13 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

The ICC is funny - Page 2 Empty Re: The ICC is funny

Post by holcs Thu 17 Apr 2008, 09:39

taipan wrote:
holcs wrote:
taipan wrote:
holcs wrote:Money for Hard work?

That pitch had about as much work done on it as a cow field in devon in January!

Your bleeting about the pitch for the 2nd test finishing in under 5 days is a joke. The only reason you lost that test is because your side couldn't play quick bowling, not because of the pitch.

The pitch in the 3rd test was THE worst test match pitch I have ever seen.

So there is no hard work when India happen to lose a test?

Huh? All i'm saying is the 3rd test pitch was a joke hence the shortened match.

The 2nd test was down to India's inability. Pointing out the difference to Batty.

If you read Vikas' original explanation he claimed no money passes hands if India loses heavily.

I did read it.

I'm not on about money, the money for hard work was a throw away comment. I'm on about his bleating that the ICC is Hypocritical in this instances over the 2 test matches.

I have no idea about cultural bungs and bonuses in India so I won't broach the subject.

The point is, that 3rd test pitch was the worst looking pitch I have seen - actually tell a lie that is a bit over the top to be honest. It is one of the poorer ones would be a better way of putting it.. Any pitch that spins and kicks and dusts THAT much on in the 10th over of a test match has been very poorly prepared IMO.

I could also not care about the result in all honestly as I dont support either side. Its the fact that there seems to be a mentality of 'how can you report us for a por pitch', and 'how dare the ICC even look into it' that bothers me.

It was a shocking pitch for test match cricket... End of.
holcs
holcs

Number of posts : 5481
Registration date : 2007-09-04
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

Post by Batman Thu 17 Apr 2008, 09:41

tac wrote:

That pitch had about as much work done on it as a cow field in devon in January!

Your bleeting about the pitch for the 2nd test finishing in under 5 days is a joke. The only reason you lost that test is because your side couldn't play quick bowling, not because of the pitch.

Phurt, it was nothing to the Chennai pitch in 2004. Michael Clarke . . . 6/9 . . . Says. It. All.

Reminds me of India playing in Barbados in 1997 as well. Deliberate cooking up by WI to win the series 1-0. It was similiar to NZ wickets of 2003, aimed at preventing Indian batting from succeeding.

In 1997 stung by a 2-1 defeat in India, Cronje promised India a live wicket in return tour to SA and ensured an absolute fast track was prepared at Kingsmead first up to unleash Donald and Co. and ambush India to exploit it's then batting weakness on grass. Things like this happen all the time. Hypocrisy isn't something only BCCI or it's curators can be accused of solely.
Batman
Batman

Number of posts : 8881
Registration date : 2007-09-08

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Thu 17 Apr 2008, 09:43

Batman wrote:
tac wrote:

Phurt, it was nothing to the Chennai pitch in 2004. Michael Clarke . . . 6/9 . . . Says. It. All.

Reminds me of India playing in Barbados in 1997 as well. Deliberate cooking up by WI to win the series 1-0. It was similiar to NZ wickets of 2003, aimed at preventing Indian batting from succeeding.

In 1997 stung by a 2-1 defeat in India, Cronje promised India a live wicket in return tour to SA and ensured an absolute fast track was prepared at Kingsmead first up to unleash Donald and Co. and ambush India to exploit it's then batting weakness on grass. Things like this happen all the time. Hypocrisy isn't something only BCCI curators can be accused of solely.

Kingsmead has always been prepared the same. It was not deliberately underprepared as is the case here.
taipan
taipan

Number of posts : 48416
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : saf

Back to top Go down

Post by lardbucket Thu 17 Apr 2008, 09:46

Taipan, consider this possibility ... Kanpur is always prepared the same, and that's the best pitch an Indian curator can manage there.

lardbucket

Number of posts : 38123
Registration date : 2007-09-03
Flag/Background : baggy

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Thu 17 Apr 2008, 09:48

lardbucket wrote:Taipan, consider this possibility ... Kanpur is always prepared the same, and that's the best pitch an Indian curator can manage there.

Um, I'm prepared to wager good money, that if India were 1-0 up, the pitch would have been totally different.
taipan
taipan

Back to top Go down

Post by tac Thu 17 Apr 2008, 09:49

Batman wrote:
tac wrote:

In 1997 stung by a 2-1 defeat in India, Cronje promised India a live wicket in return tour to SA and ensured an absolute fast track was prepared at Kingsmead first up to unleash Donald and Co. and ambush India to exploit it's then batting weakness on grass. Things like this happen all the time. Hypocrisy isn't something only BCCI or it's curators can be accused of solely.

Batty, there have been deliberate shockers prepared ove rthe years in a few countries . . . that doesn't make it right. Home team advantage should be in that the players know the conditions better . . . not in cooking pitches to give the home team a huge advantage.
tac
tac

Number of posts : 19270
Flag/Background : pon

Back to top Go down

Post by lardbucket Thu 17 Apr 2008, 09:51

I was suggesting that the pitch may have been the result of incompetence rather than malevolence.

lardbucket

Back to top Go down

Post by tac Thu 17 Apr 2008, 09:52

May well be, lardy . . .
tac
tac

Back to top Go down

Post by lardbucket Thu 17 Apr 2008, 09:53

I mean ... they probably pay peanuts.

lardbucket

Back to top Go down

Post by tac Thu 17 Apr 2008, 09:54

Or a bowl of rice . . .
tac
tac

Back to top Go down

Post by Brass Monkey Thu 17 Apr 2008, 09:55

Vikas, basically your argument is always nationality-orientated and you always try to use the 'two wrongs make a right' argument, when that's just not the case.

I agree that India should do it, though. Most other teams do. Wish England did it more.
Brass Monkey
Brass Monkey

Number of posts : 44858
Registration date : 2007-09-02
Flag/Background : afg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjWhbVWj9wQ

Back to top Go down

Post by Batman Thu 17 Apr 2008, 09:59

taipan wrote:
lardbucket wrote:Taipan, consider this possibility ... Kanpur is always prepared the same, and that's the best pitch an Indian curator can manage there.

Um, I'm prepared to wager good money, that if India were 1-0 up, the pitch would have been totally different.

There is another story to Kanpur pitch. The state cricket board there does not own the venue and half the time it is used for other sports as well as hosting weddings. Last time a match was alloted a couple of years back, Kanpur had to refuse the cricket match as it could not manage a booking for cricket match in advance. BCCI has no control over that venue. Kanpur never has a set pitch at any time and is more prone to cracking up as a result of all the commercial activities and wear and tear it suffers from.

pale Sad Embarassed

Last edited by Batman on Thu 17 Apr 2008, 10:01; edited 1 time in total
Batman
Batman

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Thu 17 Apr 2008, 10:00

Batman wrote:
taipan wrote:

There is another story to Kanpur pitch. The state cricket board there does not own the venue and half the time it is used for other sports as well as hosting weddings. Last time a match was alloted a couple of years back, Kanpur had to refuse the cricket match as it could not manage a booking for cricket match in advance. BCCI has no control over that venue. Kanpur never has a set pitch at any time and is more prone to cracking up as a result.

pale Sad Embarassed

Well the simple solution is to take it off the test roster.
taipan
taipan

Back to top Go down

Post by holcs Thu 17 Apr 2008, 10:00

I don't think fans have a problem, and almost expect to go to certain countries and find pitches which suit the home team. And also I don't think say India should expect anything different than quick green seamers when the go abroad (if possible in the conditions).

What is an issue is an absolute cow pat of a pitch which is under or over prepared so that the Test was never going to last anywhere near 5 days. There is a huge difference between a team playing poorly and the test finishing early and what I saw in the 3rd test which was a pitch prepared so the test wouldn't go the difference.

Plus Danny's right, it gets my goat that you have such a persecution complex sometimes, when its your farking BCCI causing alot of the problems in world cricket!

*opens up can of worms*
holcs
holcs

Back to top Go down

Post by lardbucket Thu 17 Apr 2008, 10:02

taipan wrote:
Batman wrote:
taipan wrote:

There is another story to Kanpur pitch. The state cricket board there does not own the venue and half the time it is used for other sports as well as hosting weddings. Last time a match was alloted a couple of years back, Kanpur had to refuse the cricket match as it could not manage a booking for cricket match in advance. BCCI has no control over that venue. Kanpur never has a set pitch at any time and is more prone to cracking up as a result.

pale Sad Embarassed

Well the simple solution is to take it off the test roster.

Maybe everyone could agree on this?

lardbucket

Back to top Go down

Post by Batman Thu 17 Apr 2008, 10:06

Taipan, Uttar Pradesh is the biggest state in India with most population and while it is sad that BCCI does not own a test ground there, taking it off the radar and not allowing such a huge state any matches is hardly an option. Dhoni's Jharkhand was also a part of UP cricket once before it was separated from UP state.

Anyways story of Kanpur recently -

Kanpur refusing hosting tests
Batman
Batman

Back to top Go down

Post by *Buckaroo* Thu 17 Apr 2008, 10:08

taipan wrote:The pitch was reported by the match referee.

Roshan Mahanama is an employee of the ICC. So that does not make him neutral.

When the world knows ICC is an organization controlled currently by Aus/Eng/SA.

They are not a neutral organization, so they have no credibility.
*Buckaroo*
*Buckaroo*

Number of posts : 4771
Registration date : 2007-09-06
Flag/Background : wi

http://exc4cricket.forum-motion.com/index.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by JKLever Thu 17 Apr 2008, 10:09

Brass Monkey wrote:Vikas, basically your argument is always nationality-orientated and you always try to use the 'two wrongs make a right' argument, when that's just not the case.

I agree that India should do it, though. Most other teams do. Wish England did it more.

Partly agree, with the proviso that the pitch still last for at least 4 days. Theres a difference between a substandard pitch and a turning wicket.

Also some of the comments defending the pitch are funny, given the sook-a-thon over the greentops they were given in NZ a few years back.
JKLever
JKLever

Number of posts : 27236
Registration date : 2007-08-06

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Thu 17 Apr 2008, 10:12

Batman wrote:Taipan, Uttar Pradesh is the biggest state in India with most population and while it is sad that BCCI does not own a test ground there, taking it off the radar and not allowing such a huge state any matches is hardly an option. Dhoni's Jharkhand was also a part of UP cricket once before it was separated from UP state.

And presumably has the money to build a decent ground/pitch.

And possibly some decent accomodation.
taipan
taipan

Back to top Go down

Post by *Buckaroo* Thu 17 Apr 2008, 10:14

BCCI does not control affairs of *State Cricket Boards*

State Associations are independently managed.

If even after plenty of funds they cannot build a cricket ground, it's not BCCI's fault.
*Buckaroo*
*Buckaroo*

Back to top Go down

Post by Batman Thu 17 Apr 2008, 10:17

taipan wrote:
Batman wrote:Taipan, Uttar Pradesh is the biggest state in India with most population and while it is sad that BCCI does not own a test ground there, taking it off the radar and not allowing such a huge state any matches is hardly an option. Dhoni's Jharkhand was also a part of UP cricket once before it was separated from UP state.

Thats BCCI. Also finding a huge tract of land these days close to a megapolis could be an issue there though. UP has been in throes of corrupt and misgoverning megalomaniacs for a while now. As a result the overall development there has been the lowest in India given it's size. Sports and infrastructure is not on Govt's priority there. Winning elections by unfair means, staying in power and making corrupt wealth is.....
Batman
Batman

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Thu 17 Apr 2008, 10:18

*Buckaroo* wrote:

Buckaroo is They are not a neutral organization, so they have he has no credibility.

Fixed
taipan
taipan

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Thu 17 Apr 2008, 10:19

Batman wrote:
taipan wrote:

Thats BCCI. Also finding a huge tract of land these days close to a megapolis could be an issue there though. UP has been in throes of corrupt and misgoverning megalomaniacs for a while now. As a result the overall development there has been the lowest in India given it's size. Sports and infrastructure is not on Govt's priority there. Winning elections by unfair means, staying in power and making corrupt wealth is.....

I see you deleted the comment about the accomodation.
taipan
taipan

Back to top Go down

Post by *Buckaroo* Thu 17 Apr 2008, 10:19

taipan wrote:
*Buckaroo* wrote:

Buckaroo is They are not a neutral organization, so they have he has no credibility.

Fixed

Why should *Buckaroo*® be neutral ?

Is taipan neutral ?
*Buckaroo*
*Buckaroo*

Back to top Go down

Post by holcs Thu 17 Apr 2008, 10:20

*Buckaroo* wrote:
taipan wrote:The pitch was reported by the match referee.

Roshan Mahanama is an employee of the ICC. So that does not make him neutral.

When the world knows ICC is an organization controlled currently by Aus/Eng/SA.
They are not a neutral organization, so they have no credibility.

You have IMO just made yourself a laughing stock with this comment alone!!!
holcs
holcs

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next