Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BWAHAHAHAHA - BCCI investigates bad pitch prepared for...

+6
Henry
Nath
taipan
Fred Nerk
tac
Batman
10 posters

Go down

BWAHAHAHAHA - BCCI investigates bad pitch prepared for... Empty BWAHAHAHAHA - BCCI investigates bad pitch prepared for...

Post by Batman Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:48 pm

.....IPL: Kolkata pitch

bounce bounce bounce Laughing Twisted Evil applause :laule: :laule:
Batman
Batman

Number of posts : 8881
Registration date : 2007-09-08
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

BWAHAHAHAHA - BCCI investigates bad pitch prepared for... Empty Re: BWAHAHAHAHA - BCCI investigates bad pitch prepared for...

Post by Batman Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:50 pm

The erratic behaviour of the pitch at the Eden Gardens in Kolkata on Sunday during the Indian Premier League match between the Kolkata Knight Riders and Deccan Charges will be probed, Board of Control for Cricket in India secretary Niranjan Shah said.

Shah said the IPL's technical committee and the Cricket Association of Bengal would probe all aspects of the pitch to ensure that a better wicket is prepared for the upcoming matches.

The Twenty20 encounter saw 15 wickets falling in just 37.4 overs against a score of 222 runs, with both captains Sourav Ganguly and VVS Laxman getting hurt from unpredictable bounces by the pace bowlers.

Laxman, who scored a memorable 281 against Australia in a Test match in 2001, rued that the pitch was "shocking."

"This sort of wicket would not at all help Twenty20 or for that matter cricket in general," Laxman said.

Laxman hurt his fingers from a sharp rising delivery from pacer Ishant Sharma that kicked off awkwardly. Even deliveries from Andrew Symonds saw ball rising above the batsman's head and Deccan wicketkeeper Adam Gilchrist behind the wicket had a tough time keeping against them.

The central pitch was used for the first match which saw Kolkata edge home by five wickets in a thrilling finish to register their second consecutive victory.

Kolkata will host its second match on April 29 between Kolkata and Mumbai Indians.

All the players, including Kolkata captain Ganguly was critical of the erratic behaviour of the pitch.
Batman
Batman

Back to top Go down

BWAHAHAHAHA - BCCI investigates bad pitch prepared for... Empty Re: BWAHAHAHAHA - BCCI investigates bad pitch prepared for...

Post by tac Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:51 pm

Only in India . . . the apotheosis of irony . . .
tac
tac

Number of posts : 19270
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : pon

Back to top Go down

Post by Batman Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:53 pm

So bad test pitches prepared from time to time does not concern BCCI, but a bad pitch for a T20 gets them all ballistic. Man what top priorities they have, one must say. Money really talks eh? So any pitch that does not see balls go to the fence in a T20 match must be bad.

:laule: :laule: :laule:
Batman
Batman

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Nerk Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:59 pm

Course this could all be a put-up job to get some interest from the foreign media, who so far have barely GAF as far as I can tell.

Fred Nerk

Number of posts : 8813
Registration date : 2007-10-15

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Mon Apr 21, 2008 10:04 pm

Fred Nerk wrote:Course this could all be a put-up job to get some interest from the foreign media, who so far have barely GAF as far as I can tell.

Um the foreign media groups are not reporting on IPL because of the photo rights.
taipan
taipan

Number of posts : 48416
Flag/Background : saf

Back to top Go down

Post by Nath Mon Apr 21, 2008 10:09 pm

Batman wrote:So bad test pitches prepared from time to time does not concern BCCI, but a bad pitch for a T20 gets them all ballistic. Man what top priorities they have, one must say. Money really talks eh? So any pitch that does not see balls go to the fence in a T20 match must be bad.

:laule: :laule: :laule:

I agree with Batman... affraid
Nath
Nath

Number of posts : 11967
Registration date : 2007-09-04
Flag/Background : baggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry Mon Apr 21, 2008 11:02 pm

It WAS much worse than Kanpur was the other week, though. I honestly thought they were going to abandon the match when Laxman was struck on the hand early on. Interesting that it still managed to produce the best game of the IPL so far, however.
Henry
Henry

Number of posts : 32891

Back to top Go down

Post by *Buckaroo* Mon Apr 21, 2008 11:13 pm

taipan wrote:
Fred Nerk wrote:Course this could all be a put-up job to get some interest from the foreign media, who so far have barely GAF as far as I can tell.

Um the foreign media groups are not reporting on IPL because of the photo rights.

After watching the response for two matches and the impressive opening ceremony, Guardian, Telegraph and Independent all have sent their correspondents to cover IPL. They apparently landed just yesterday and there was a report in media on this.

First I thought this was another stunt by BCCI but it seemed more media from England and other international agencies are taking interest in IPL now, esp since it is now showing signs to be a runaway success.
*Buckaroo*
*Buckaroo*

Number of posts : 4771
Registration date : 2007-09-06
Flag/Background : wi

http://exc4cricket.forum-motion.com/index.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by PearlJ Mon Apr 21, 2008 11:17 pm

*Buckaroo* wrote:
taipan wrote:

After watching the response for two matches and the impressive opening ceremony, Guardian, Telegraph and Independent all have sent their correspondents to cover IPL. They apparently landed just yesterday and there was a report in media on this.

First I thought this was another stunt by BCCI but it seemed more media from England and other international agencies are taking interest in IPL now, esp since it is now showing signs to be a runaway success.

Too bad they can't fill the grounds then.....
PearlJ
PearlJ

BWAHAHAHAHA - BCCI investigates bad pitch prepared for... ZY4L4DZ

Number of posts : 3599
Registration date : 2007-09-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry Mon Apr 21, 2008 11:18 pm

I think the game at Kanpur on saturday has been the only game that wasn't sold out. Probably something to do with it starting at 4pm when it's 40+ degrees.
Henry
Henry

Back to top Go down

Post by *Buckaroo* Mon Apr 21, 2008 11:23 pm

PearlJ wrote:
*Buckaroo* wrote:
taipan wrote:

Mohali is the only one I saw that wasn't full.

Probably Chandigarh also hosting ICL has got something to do with it.
*Buckaroo*
*Buckaroo*

Number of posts : 4771
Registration date : 2007-09-06
Flag/Background : wi

http://exc4cricket.forum-motion.com/index.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry Mon Apr 21, 2008 11:25 pm

Yes, when I said Kanpur, I meant Mohali.
Henry
Henry

Back to top Go down

Post by doremi Mon Apr 21, 2008 11:36 pm

Henry wrote:

I think the game at Kanpur on saturday has been the only game that wasn't sold out. Probably something to do with it starting at 4pm when it's 40+ degrees.

Mohali. Smallish town/city. I think the match today also isn't going to be full.
doremi
doremi

Number of posts : 9743
Flag/Background : ind

Back to top Go down

Post by bliksem Tue Apr 22, 2008 12:41 am

India won the Test in Kanpur, what's to investigate?
bliksem
bliksem

Number of posts : 1005

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down