Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Your favourite innings(s)

+22
Brass Monkey
leg glancer
Henry
taipan
horace
Fred Nerk
Invader Zim
Batman
eowyn
embee
doremi
lardbucket
PlanetPakistan
skully
PearlJ
Eric Air Emu
The One
Lara Lara Laughs
JGK
furriner
tac
Mick Sawyer
26 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Your favourite innings(s) - Page 3 Empty Re: Your favourite innings(s)

Post by Guest Mon 19 May 2008, 09:22

I was hoping to sit back and WATCH some youtube clips while it was raining.

Back to top Go down

Post by JGK Mon 19 May 2008, 09:23

taipan wrote:Maybe we should limit this to knocks you have actually witnessed live.

Waugh's SCG ton is still my favourite.

If we are adding JAMODIs I would instantly go with Bevan's 78* against the Windies in 1996 at the SCG.

JGK

Number of posts : 41790
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : jnt

Back to top Go down

Post by Batman Mon 19 May 2008, 09:24

Henry wrote:
Jimmy Adams' brilliance in 1994 in India

You'd have to be pretty perverted to have a knock by Jimmy Adams in your 'favourites' list.

I didn't say 'favourite' there did I when talking about opposite team players??? I doubt any Indian fan will consider thrashings at hands of Jayasurya among favourites. Finding them awesome and mind blowing is another issue. I said 'respected'. I doubt anyone holds a rival player's innings as 'favourite' even as one's home team gets thrashed. We all appreciate it, respect it is all. The Adams fella did score 500+ runs over three tests against India in India in 1994. How many people last two decades can claim that? Heck he probably scored more than half the runs against us in that one series than Lara ever did in his whole career.....

Last edited by Batman on Mon 19 May 2008, 09:37; edited 1 time in total
Batman
Batman

Number of posts : 8881
Registration date : 2007-09-08
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

Post by Mick Sawyer Mon 19 May 2008, 09:28

Ravi Shastri's double at Sydney in 1990

That was a hack. Dizzy's double was a better innings.
Mick Sawyer
Mick Sawyer

Number of posts : 7267
Registration date : 2007-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Batman Mon 19 May 2008, 09:29

taipan wrote:Maybe we should limit this to knocks you have actually witnessed live.

I have restricted mine to ones I saw. Skully looks like he misread the post I made about opposite team players knocks.....
Batman
Batman

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Mon 19 May 2008, 09:30

Batman wrote:

I have restricted mine to ones I saw. Skully looks like he misread the post I made about opposite team players knocks.....

You were at all those games?
taipan
taipan

Number of posts : 48416
Flag/Background : saf

Back to top Go down

Post by Batman Mon 19 May 2008, 09:34

Mick Sawyer wrote:

Ravi Shastri was among my favourite players back when I was in school. Didn't understand the game as well back then as a kid. That one shot from memory. Back then having any Indian player apart from Gavaskar score a double abroad was impossible and an achievement. Like I said, memory plays a part here over analysis. Infact my basic awareness and interest in test cricket started since around when Azhar was made captain.
Batman
Batman

Back to top Go down

Post by JGK Mon 19 May 2008, 09:35

Mick Sawyer wrote:

Aye Shastri was dropped 5 times in that innings.

The real innings of that match was a 19yo SRT's imperious 148*.

JGK

Number of posts : 41790
Flag/Background : jnt

Back to top Go down

Post by Batman Mon 19 May 2008, 09:36

taipan wrote:
Batman wrote:

Ah but then you didn't specify live on venue or live on TV.....
Wink

I saw them live on TV of course.....
Batman
Batman

Back to top Go down

Post by tac Mon 19 May 2008, 09:41

Batman wrote:
taipan wrote:
Batman wrote:

Wink

But watching it on TV is apparently like having sex over the internet . . . a very poor excuse for the real thing
tac
tac

Number of posts : 19270
Flag/Background : pon

Back to top Go down

Post by Mick Sawyer Mon 19 May 2008, 09:43

Ravi Shastri was among my favourite players back when I was in school. Didn't understand the game as well back then as a kid. That one shot from memory. Back then having any Indian player apart from Gavaskar score a double abroad was impossible and an achievement. Like I said, memory plays a part here over analysis. Infact my basic awareness and interest in test cricket started since around when Azhar was made captain

So from that perspective it may well qualify as a favourite. Cheers.
Mick Sawyer
Mick Sawyer

Number of posts : 7267
Registration date : 2007-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Mon 19 May 2008, 09:44

Batman wrote:
taipan wrote:
Batman wrote:

Wink

Vikas, with all due respect, 99% of forummers understood I meant live at game.
taipan
taipan

Back to top Go down

Post by Batman Mon 19 May 2008, 09:49

taipan wrote:
Batman wrote:
taipan wrote:
Batman wrote:

Wink

Seriously speaking if we had that criteria, 95% people here wouldn't be able to post.....
Batman
Batman

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Mon 19 May 2008, 09:50

Batman wrote:
taipan wrote:
Batman wrote:
taipan wrote:
Batman wrote:

Wink

Seriously speaking if we had that criteria, 95% people here wouldn't be able to post.....

Was only referring to innings that forummers had actually seen live at the match.

Obviously most of cricket is watched by TV.
taipan
taipan

Back to top Go down

Post by Batman Mon 19 May 2008, 10:08

Only issue is, I for one have NEVER seen a match out of TV live. Where would that leave me? How many matches can people claim to watch Live? 2? 3? A dozen? A handful at best. Would restrict choices and would make them look up innings even if it is not exactly a favourite.

S'ppose the only live match someone saw was a low scoring match that ended in 3 days or one that featured Zimboks? And someone's favourite could be an innings he saw on TV and not in a test he saw live that finished in 2 and a half days?

Too much restriction, and one I suppose wouldn't quite justify the prupose of this thread.

Perhaps we could have a thread for best innings or match seen live separately in which case. Certainly not in this thread. But again why restrict the memories of good things in life to a meagre handful?

sunny
Batman
Batman

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Mon 19 May 2008, 10:12

Batman wrote:Only issue is, I for one have NEVER seen a match out of TV live. Where would that leave me? How many matches can people claim to watch Live? 2? 3? A dozen? A handful at best. Would restrict choices and would make them look up innings even if it is not exactly a favourite.

S'ppose the only live match someone saw was a low scoring match that ended in 3 days or one that featured Zimboks? And someone's favourite could be an innings he saw on TV and not in a test he saw live that finished in 2 and a half days?

Too much restriction, and one I suppose wouldn't quite justify the prupose of this thread.

Perhaps we could have a thread for best innings or match seen live separately in which case. Certainly not in this thread. But again why restrict the memories of good things in life to a meagre handful?

sunny

So you have never been to a test?
taipan
taipan

Back to top Go down

Post by Batman Mon 19 May 2008, 10:15

tac wrote:
Batman wrote:
taipan wrote:
Batman wrote:

Wink

But watching it on TV is apparently like having sex over the internet . . . a very poor excuse for the real thing

It's not like my office will give me leave 150 days a year to watch cricket live. Heck even getting a day off is a migraine. And add to that the exhorbitant ticket rates and the chaos one suffers getting to the venue. Not worth it. No option. Sorry. Besides nothing can beat real sex and I get enough of that in real life thankfully....

So at least I am not restricted to poking people over the internet. I get to poke a real woman in life and not a virtual one.....

Wink Razz
Batman
Batman

Back to top Go down

Post by tac Mon 19 May 2008, 10:16

Batman wrote:
tac wrote:
Batman wrote:
taipan wrote:
Batman wrote:

Wink

It's not like my office will give me leave 150 days a year to watch cricket live. Heck even getting a day off is a migraine. And add to that the exhorbitant ticket rates and the chaos one suffers getting to the venue. Not worth it. No option. Sorry. Besides nothing can beat real sex and I get enough of that in real life thankfully....

So at least I am not restricted to poking people over the internet. I get to poke a real woman in life and not a virtual one.....

Wink Razz

batty, exactly the answer I was looking for, but I think you've misunderstood . . . i'm not the one relying on a bit of internet sex . . . Wink Razz
tac
tac

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Mon 19 May 2008, 10:19

So batty you have never been to a test?

Have you been to any form of the game at all?
taipan
taipan

Back to top Go down

Post by Batman Mon 19 May 2008, 10:23

taipan wrote:So you have never been to a test?

No.

No 😢 No

A test in Mumbai comes in like once every 3 years and tickets get sold months in advance if BCCI is not bungling dates up and since bosses know the dates when they are out, seeking a planned leave is out of the question......A guy like me who also does freelance after job hours is never in a position to plan his off days that come very rare.....

I have never got to see any game live ever - tests, One Dayers and T20s [I don't plan on seeing T20s live ever]

Damn my seniors. They dumped their review work on me [on a delivery day to client] and went to see the Mumbai-Kolkotta T20 at Wankhede 2 days back.....
Embarassed 😢 pale
Batman
Batman

Back to top Go down

Post by Batman Mon 19 May 2008, 10:25

tac wrote:
Batman wrote:
tac wrote:
Batman wrote:
taipan wrote:
Batman wrote:

Wink

Wink Razz

batty, exactly the answer I was looking for, but I think you've misunderstood . . . i'm not the one relying on a bit of internet sex . . . Wink Razz

Not exactly.....
Wink
Batman
Batman

Back to top Go down

Post by Batman Mon 19 May 2008, 10:27

So who will have the first one in...???
Batman
Batman

Back to top Go down

Post by tac Mon 19 May 2008, 10:28

Batman wrote:
tac wrote:
Batman wrote:
tac wrote:
Batman wrote:
taipan wrote:
Batman wrote:

Wink

Wink Razz

Not exactly.....
Wink

Wink
tac
tac

Back to top Go down

Post by leg glancer Mon 19 May 2008, 10:29

Batman wrote:* Azhar's 120* at Lords 1990 [Absolutely magical to watch. The sublime artistery of hi wrists at his best].
Kumble's century against England in 2007.

That 'shot' to bring up his hundred is one of my all time favourite Jumbo moments. Haha. Legend.
leg glancer
leg glancer

Number of posts : 800
Registration date : 2007-11-19
Flag/Background : ind

Back to top Go down

Post by tac Mon 19 May 2008, 10:31

Batman wrote:
taipan wrote:So you have never been to a test?

No.

No 😢 No

A test in Mumbai comes in like once every 3 years and tickets get sold months in advance if BCCI is not bungling dates up and since bosses know the dates when they are out, seeking a planned leave is out of the question......A guy like me who also does freelance after job hours is never in a position to plan his off days that come very rare.....

I have never got to see any game live ever - tests, One Dayers and T20s [I don't plan on seeing T20s live ever]

Damn my seniors. They dumped their review work on me [on a delivery day to client] and went to see the Mumbai-Kolkotta T20 at Wankhede 2 days back.....
Embarassed 😢 pale

Batty, I used to see a lot when a student, but spending 20+ years in asia has meant I'd seen nowt live til I went back to Oz a couple of years ago . . . you've got plenty of time to catch some cricket . . . and to be honest, I often prefer watching on the big screen in the pub with mates . . .
tac
tac

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next