Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Under Age Laws

+15
HH_pink
Invader Zim
embee
taipan
Basil
holcs
LeFromage
JKLever
Lara Lara Laughs
Brass Monkey
PeterCS
Josh Carney
PearlJ
Winkle Spinner
Zat
19 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

Under Age Laws - Page 5 Empty Re: Under Age Laws

Post by furriner Sat 07 Jun 2008, 04:54

ten years after wrote:
Demelza wrote:Okay, tonight I was working at Morrison's petrol station. A bloke came in asking for cigs. I knew his brother from when I was a teaching assistant so I knew he wasn't much older than him..... He didn't look over 25 so I asked him for ID (as we have all been told to do. I can be fined £5,000) and he had no ID. I had to refuse sale just because he looks under 25.
He is in fact 20.....2 years older than the age limit for buying fags.
How stupid is that?

You are joking i hope. From the article, Morrison's want evidence of age. If you actually knew how old the person was then that is very good evidence of their age. The word 'jobsworth' was invented for actions like you have just admited to.

You f*king stupid? OrjustjokingIhope?
furriner
furriner

Number of posts : 12508
Registration date : 2007-09-04
Flag/Background : ind

Back to top Go down

Post by ten years after Sat 07 Jun 2008, 05:03

HH_pink wrote:
ten years after wrote:
Demelza wrote:Okay, tonight I was working at Morrison's petrol station. A bloke came in asking for cigs. I knew his brother from when I was a teaching assistant so I knew he wasn't much older than him..... He didn't look over 25 so I asked him for ID (as we have all been told to do. I can be fined £5,000) and he had no ID. I had to refuse sale just because he looks under 25.
How stupid is that?

You are joking i hope. From the article, Morrison's want evidence of age. If you actually knew how old the person was then that is very good evidence of their age. The word 'jobsworth' was invented for actions like you have just admited to.

No, it'd then just be hearsay evidence, not concrete evidence. Ask LLL.

It'd give a great opportunity to really p*ss off an older brother/sister (or, stretching the imagination, a parent).

ten years after

Number of posts : 1210
Registration date : 2007-09-09
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 07 Jun 2008, 07:55

ten years after wrote:
How stupid is that?

No, I said.......I knew his brother from when I was a teaching assistant so I knew he wasn't much older than him. His brother is 15.

Back to top Go down

Post by ten years after Sat 07 Jun 2008, 08:08

Demelza wrote:
ten years after wrote:
How stupid is that?

No, I said.......I knew his brother from when I was a teaching assistant so I knew he wasn't much older than him. His brother is 15.

Fair 'nuff. Jobsworth nomination withdrawn.

ten years after

Number of posts : 1210
Registration date : 2007-09-09
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Sat 07 Jun 2008, 09:27

Both my sons have been playing senior cricket from the age of 14. I never saw anything wrong with them having a beer with their team mates after the game.
taipan
taipan

Number of posts : 48416
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : saf

Back to top Go down

Post by *Buckaroo* Sat 07 Jun 2008, 13:03

During college days, visiting any place with my Far-eastern (Chinese, Korean) friends would need an i.d.
*Buckaroo*
*Buckaroo*

Number of posts : 4771
Registration date : 2007-09-06
Flag/Background : wi

http://exc4cricket.forum-motion.com/index.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5