Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aus v Ind, T20 WC Semi-final, Durban, 22nd Sep

+24
Juicy Fruity
JKLever
*Buckaroo*
Chivalry Augustus
Jiffymix
Winkle Spinner
embee
Nath
CT
Basil
Gary 111
The One
JGK
tac
Brass Monkey
skully
SG
Invader Zim
filosofee
peterg
Ash
HH_pink
doremi
LeFromage
28 posters

Page 8 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Aus v Ind, T20 WC Semi-final, Durban, 22nd Sep - Page 8 Empty Re: Aus v Ind, T20 WC Semi-final, Durban, 22nd Sep

Post by Big Dog Sat 22 Sep 2007, 23:22

JKLever wrote:
Big Dog wrote:until i could'nt take that gloating pommie commentator any more

You mean Bumble?

Pft. The mans class and just loves his T20.

Ian Chappell anyone?

I admit...Chappelli was almost as bad. I was going to say it would be better to watch with the sound turned off but on second thoughts, it would be even better with the TV turned off.
Big Dog
Big Dog

Number of posts : 16498
Registration date : 2007-09-05
Flag/Background : tig

http://bigdog.bigblog.com.au/index.do

Back to top Go down

Aus v Ind, T20 WC Semi-final, Durban, 22nd Sep - Page 8 Empty Re: Aus v Ind, T20 WC Semi-final, Durban, 22nd Sep

Post by The One Sat 22 Sep 2007, 23:28

yesssss! what a beautiful, beautiful way to spend a saturday night. great game, yuvraj and sree magnificent

hopefully joginder is dropped after this one. the worst kind of bowling for 20/20. slow-medium, no movement, no variations. the last over may make some change their mind, but dhoni's comment about him in the presentation said it all

The One

Number of posts : 9035
Registration date : 2007-09-04
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

Post by Ash Sat 22 Sep 2007, 23:29

Big Dog wrote:
Nath wrote:Well played India, especially the bowling at the death. Australia's batting order was all wrong, in hindsight. Michael Clarke should be banned from 20/20, b/c he can't hit!

Quite right nath, Aust were never going to win with that lineup.
I watched some of Indias innings (until i could'nt take that gloating pommie commentator any more) & was reminded why this is such a crap format. They may as well have used a bowling machine & just let the batsmen tee off...or pick the bowlers from club sides to save the frontline from injury. The result would probably be the same.

At least Aust can forget this nonsense now & start to prepare for the real cricket.

typical aussie grace in defeat Rolling Eyes
Ash
Ash

Aus v Ind, T20 WC Semi-final, Durban, 22nd Sep - Page 8 MPDozzd

Number of posts : 2000

Back to top Go down

Post by Ash Sat 22 Sep 2007, 23:31

with 30 needed off the last 3 overs (1 from the 5th bowler) and 6 wkts in hand, could it be said aus choked?
Ash
Ash

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Dog Sat 22 Sep 2007, 23:33

Ash wrote:
Big Dog wrote:
Nath wrote:Well played India, especially the bowling at the death. Australia's batting order was all wrong, in hindsight. Michael Clarke should be banned from 20/20, b/c he can't hit!

I watched some of Indias innings (until i could'nt take that gloating pommie commentator any more) & was reminded why this is such a crap format. They may as well have used a bowling machine & just let the batsmen tee off...or pick the bowlers from club sides to save the frontline from injury. The result would probably be the same.

At least Aust can forget this nonsense now & start to prepare for the real cricket.

Phurt!! I don't even rate this format enough to care WHAT anyone thinks. Sleep
Big Dog
Big Dog

Number of posts : 16498
Flag/Background : tig

http://bigdog.bigblog.com.au/index.do

Back to top Go down

Post by Ash Sat 22 Sep 2007, 23:35

The One wrote:
hopefully joginder is dropped after this one. the worst kind of bowling for 20/20. slow-medium, no movement, no variations. the last over may make some change their mind, but dhoni's comment about him in the presentation said it all

bit harsh. he lacks pace but quite accurate, could do a decent job on pitches that arent flat. hes in as an allrounder and agarkar would probably go for as much. australia targetted him and sehwag, just as we targetted symonds and clarke.
Ash
Ash

Back to top Go down

Post by The One Sat 22 Sep 2007, 23:40

at best joginder is going to go at 8 an over in t20. his bowling is perfect for teeing off

and he was anything but accurate till the last over. he's going at 11/over in this tournament with the only two wickets being due to the immense pressure the aussies were under

i'd rather have agarkar. at his worst he's a joginder, but at least he has a chance of picking up wickets and is much better in the outfield. india's lack of throwing arms almost cost them this match. something robin needs to work on

The One

Back to top Go down

Post by Ash Sat 22 Sep 2007, 23:45

anyone but agarkar, seriously. he only went for 6 an over against SA. early days. a lot depends on his batting ability. we cant afford a long tail so if jogi is out then yusuf will have to come in.
Ash
Ash

Back to top Go down

Post by The One Sat 22 Sep 2007, 23:58

joginder is there primarily for his bowling. unless india is in a catastrophe his batting doesnt count for much in 20 overs. but we do pretty much need 4 overs every match from him

yeah even yusuf. anyone but joginder for me. he doesnt have any tools at all while bowling!!

The One

Back to top Go down

Post by The One Sun 23 Sep 2007, 00:00

just noticed chawla is also in the squad. play him instead

The One

Back to top Go down

Post by Ash Sun 23 Sep 2007, 00:03

yeah agreed, chawla would be a better attacking option.
Ash
Ash

Back to top Go down

Post by HH_pink Sun 23 Sep 2007, 03:32

The One wrote:just noticed chawla is also in the squad. play him instead

A lot of us have been saying that for quite a while. Even after seeing how well spinners have fared in this tournament, I don't understand why the team management is so reluctant to pick him.

There's no way the team's going to be changed for the final though. Winning combination, last over heroics and the consequent 'rise' in his stock, and all that.

Last edited by on Sun 23 Sep 2007, 09:26; edited 1 time in total
HH_pink
HH_pink

Aus v Ind, T20 WC Semi-final, Durban, 22nd Sep - Page 8 APSeEpm

Number of posts : 3353
Registration date : 2007-09-03

Back to top Go down

Post by HH_pink Sun 23 Sep 2007, 03:34

Ash wrote:
Big Dog wrote:

Smile True. The English fans were far more graceful in defeat earlier this summer. But maybe that's because they've had far more time and greater opportunities to develop that grace. Wink
HH_pink
HH_pink

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Sun 23 Sep 2007, 03:35

Well played India. Just too good with both bat and ball. They'll be hard to beat in the Final. Yuvraj is in irresistable form at the moment.
skully
skully

Number of posts : 105986
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : baggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Nath Sun 23 Sep 2007, 05:05

Better get Zimmy to weave his mojo to fix Paris' hamstring...
Nath
Nath

Number of posts : 11982

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Sun 23 Sep 2007, 05:16

Aye Nath. The Aussies really suffering from "Hammyitis" at the moment. Maybe Tim Nielsen's training regime is more like Dougie Walters' than John Buchanan's???
skully
skully

Number of posts : 105986

Back to top Go down

Post by tac Sun 23 Sep 2007, 08:39

doremi wrote:
tac wrote:
filosofee wrote:Back to this semi-final Very Happy whoever wins this one, wins the tournament. Who wants a bet with me - not for money or lewdity, though?

OK . . . if Australia win you can't post on this forum for a week. If India win, I won't post for a week. Howzat?

Brilliant. aces

Unfortunately, fluffy wasn't prepared to risk it.
tac
tac

Number of posts : 19270
Flag/Background : pon

Back to top Go down

Post by peterg Sun 23 Sep 2007, 08:49

I took next to no interest in this or any other of the games and watched none of them.

Nonetheless congratulations to India are due. They easily out-batted and out-bowled Australia and have clearly adapted brilliantly to the format. The final overs must have been magnificent, and hugely entertaining for those whose emotions were involved.

peterg

Number of posts : 377
Registration date : 2007-09-06

Back to top Go down

Post by HH_pink Sun 23 Sep 2007, 09:24

tac wrote:
doremi wrote:
tac wrote:
filosofee wrote:Back to this semi-final Very Happy whoever wins this one, wins the tournament. Who wants a bet with me - not for money or lewdity, though?

OK . . . if Australia win you can't post on this forum for a week. If India win, I won't post for a week. Howzat?

Brilliant. aces

Unfortunately, fluffy wasn't prepared to risk it.

Cheater alert!
HH_pink
HH_pink

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 23 Sep 2007, 10:02

Yuvraj Singh is a real star player.

There's wasn't much Australia could do about it, I think they were caught cold by a stronger team on the day.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nath Sun 23 Sep 2007, 10:03

I was amused by Michael Slater's Aussie twang of "Bhaji" sounding like "Budgie". Laughing
Nath
Nath

Back to top Go down

Post by Nath Sun 23 Sep 2007, 10:08

The One wrote:just noticed chawla is also in the squad. play him instead

injured
Nath
Nath

Back to top Go down

Post by doctorspin Sun 23 Sep 2007, 13:02

Just seen my recording of the match.

Great match, India look to be on fire.

Although he did OK in the final over, why did Sharma get the final over to bowl??!!

Have to say I reckon they will beat Pakistan up.
doctorspin
doctorspin

Aus v Ind, T20 WC Semi-final, Durban, 22nd Sep - Page 8 7EoDRAk

Number of posts : 2746

Back to top Go down

Post by Makaveli Sun 23 Sep 2007, 13:07

I think India won the match when Symonds got out they were going on nicely until then, but the last 3 overs were killer the Indians bowled well.
Makaveli
Makaveli

Number of posts : 1498

Back to top Go down

Post by filosofee Sun 23 Sep 2007, 14:28

doctorspin wrote:Just seen my recording of the match.

Great match, India look to be on fire.

Although he did OK in the final over, why did Sharma get the final over to bowl??!!

Have to say I reckon they will beat Pakistan up.

You know, ds, what happened both times recently you 'forked' Pakistan! :D

ps tac: you've no honour or you'd hide your little cat persona hiding beneath a cross-dressing oaf!
filosofee
filosofee

Number of posts : 1712
Registration date : 2007-09-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next