Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

India v Australia, 3rd Test, Delhi, Oct/Nov 29th-2nd

+37
Merlin
OP Tipping
doctorspin
Neil D
LeFromage
Chivalry Augustus
eowyn
Naeem
Clutch
SG
Ross
The One
tac
*Buckaroo*
taipan
Chandan
horace
G.Wood
rey
Red
furriner
philcric
flamingballs
WideWally
skully
JGK
Nath
Mick Sawyer
DJ_Smerk
Batman
jim rich
Para Batsman
Henry
embee
JKLever
PlanetPakistan
doremi
41 posters

Page 1 of 36 1, 2, 3 ... 18 ... 36  Next

Go down

India v Australia, 3rd Test, Delhi, Oct/Nov 29th-2nd Empty India v Australia, 3rd Test, Delhi, Oct/Nov 29th-2nd

Post by doremi Thu 23 Oct 2008, 14:45

Anyone been to the Kotla for a test. Thinking of going there with my friends on the 1st day. How much do decent seats cost?
doremi
doremi

Number of posts : 9743
Registration date : 2007-09-03
Flag/Background : ind

Back to top Go down

India v Australia, 3rd Test, Delhi, Oct/Nov 29th-2nd Empty Re: India v Australia, 3rd Test, Delhi, Oct/Nov 29th-2nd

Post by PlanetPakistan Thu 23 Oct 2008, 14:48

Have you only recently started living in Delhi?
PlanetPakistan
PlanetPakistan

Number of posts : 10285
Registration date : 2008-02-06
Flag/Background : pak

Back to top Go down

India v Australia, 3rd Test, Delhi, Oct/Nov 29th-2nd Empty Re: India v Australia, 3rd Test, Delhi, Oct/Nov 29th-2nd

Post by JKLever Thu 23 Oct 2008, 14:50

Go India!

Er..... I mean.... Go you Aussies!!!

Oh feck it, can't you both lose?
JKLever
JKLever

Number of posts : 27236
Registration date : 2007-08-06
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

Post by embee Thu 23 Oct 2008, 15:46

JKLever wrote:Go India!

Ozzies win on the back of match winning performances by Watto and YT
embee
embee

Number of posts : 26217
Flag/Background : aus

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry Thu 23 Oct 2008, 16:56

Pah, cricket loses if that happens.
Henry
Henry

Number of posts : 32891
Registration date : 2007-08-31

Back to top Go down

Post by doremi Fri 24 Oct 2008, 10:47

PlanetPakistan wrote:Have you only recently started living in Delhi?

Yeah, something like that.
doremi
doremi

Number of posts : 9743
Flag/Background : ind

Back to top Go down

Post by Para Batsman Fri 24 Oct 2008, 11:15

embee wrote:

Ozzies win on the back of match winning performances by Watto and YT

Yt will be dropped.

Para Batsman

Number of posts : 1099
Registration date : 2008-08-29

Back to top Go down

Post by jim rich Fri 24 Oct 2008, 14:45

I expect India to go in with 3 spinners, 2 pacers, 5 batsmen and a wk. Laxman - going purely on form - might have to carry drinks. This might even be Kumble's swan song.

For the Aussies Shaun Marsh in place of Kattich for the acceleration, even if it means a risk and S. Clark to replace Lee or Siddle.

I suspect India will win the BG Cup in Delhi, leaving Nagpur as a face-saver.

jim rich

Number of posts : 829
Registration date : 2008-09-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Batman Fri 24 Oct 2008, 14:51

jim rich wrote:I expect India to go in with 3 spinners, 2 pacers, 5 batsmen and a wk. Laxman - going purely on form - might have to carry drinks. This might even be Kumble's swan song.

For the Aussies Shaun Marsh in place of Kattich for the acceleration, even if it means a risk and S. Clark to replace Lee or Siddle.

I suspect India will win the BG Cup in Delhi, leaving Nagpur as a face-saver.

Laxman's 100th test is coming up at Delhi and it won't certainly be as 12th man. India will play the same combo bar Mishra replaced with Kumble. I do wish Kumble would have opted out of this series on his own and chosen to retire against Pommies at home.

Ah well.
Batman
Batman

Number of posts : 8881
Registration date : 2007-09-08

Back to top Go down

Post by DJ_Smerk Sat 25 Oct 2008, 20:04

Expect to see a certain Bollinger along with Safraz opening the bowling in Delhi.

...I wish.
DJ_Smerk
DJ_Smerk

Number of posts : 15938
Registration date : 2007-09-08
Flag/Background : jnt

Back to top Go down

Post by Para Batsman Sat 25 Oct 2008, 23:37

Quote Jim Rich.

---------------------------------

I think Clark will simply come in for White if over his injury. Otherwise Bollinger.

Para Batsman

Back to top Go down

Post by jim rich Sun 26 Oct 2008, 08:06

Para Batsman wrote:
I think Clark will simply come in for White if over his injury. Otherwise Bollinger.

It would seem Clark remains unfit for Delhi, so you might be right. But droping the last semblance of spin at the Kotla for an all pace attack is asking for trouble and would be playing into India's hands. A repeat of the one-dimensional attack as in Mohali will only make India smack its lips. Even if Brett Lee bowled at full pace, as suggested by the media, he wouldn't cause many headaches after his first 5 overs.

jim rich

Back to top Go down

Post by Mick Sawyer Sun 26 Oct 2008, 08:08

snigger
Mick Sawyer
Mick Sawyer

Number of posts : 7267
Registration date : 2007-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Mick Sawyer Sun 26 Oct 2008, 08:13

WTF knows if the quotes I read are right but assuming they are somewhere close it seems that the curator is taking credit for a final pitch fix for Jumbo. Is the whole ****** world that desperate for their 15 minutes of fame that it comes to this?
Mick Sawyer
Mick Sawyer

Back to top Go down

Post by jim rich Sun 26 Oct 2008, 08:29

Mick Sawyer wrote:WTF knows if the quotes I read are right but assuming they are somewhere close it seems that the curator is taking credit for a final pitch fix for Jumbo. Is the whole ****** world that desperate for their 15 minutes of fame that it comes to this?

Latest reports suggest that the curator will present a fair pitch with spin being a factor only after day 3. But even assuming he has made it a Kumble friendly pitch, its legit. More to do with home advantage than with fame, I think. Delhi has traditionally been a spinner friendly pitch, much like the WACA at Perth being traditionally pace friendly. Even if the pitch has been relaid, I don't think you can change the basic identity of the soil and its environment.

jim rich

Back to top Go down

Post by Para Batsman Sun 26 Oct 2008, 08:48

jim rich wrote:
Para Batsman wrote:

It would seem Clark remains unfit for Delhi, so you might be right. But droping the last semblance of spin at the Kotla for an all pace attack is asking for trouble and would be playing into India's hands. A repeat of the one-dimensional attack as in Mohali will only make India smack its lips. Even if Brett Lee bowled at full pace, as suggested by the media, he wouldn't cause many headaches after his first 5 overs.

Are you retaining White then or playing Krejka? I'm pretty sure White is out. The reason being they are waiting to see if Clark is fit. No way they will drop Siddle Johnson or Lee so White obviously is not a contender.

Para Batsman

Back to top Go down

Post by Nath Sun 26 Oct 2008, 08:53

Para Batsman wrote:
Are you retaining White then or playing Krejka? I'm pretty sure White is out. The reason being they are waiting to see if Clark is fit. No way they will drop Siddle Johnson or Lee so White obviously is not a contender.

If Clark is fit, Siddle won't play. AB wants us to punt on Krezja
Nath
Nath

Number of posts : 11980
Registration date : 2007-09-04
Flag/Background : baggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Para Batsman Sun 26 Oct 2008, 09:14

Nath wrote:
Para Batsman wrote:

That would be crazy Smile

Para Batsman

Back to top Go down

Post by JGK Sun 26 Oct 2008, 09:40

If Crazy plays it will be out 4th debutant in 4 matches.

JGK

Number of posts : 41790
Flag/Background : jnt

Back to top Go down

Post by Mick Sawyer Sun 26 Oct 2008, 09:44

jim rich wrote:
Mick Sawyer wrote:WTF knows if the quotes I read are right but assuming they are somewhere close it seems that the curator is taking credit for a final pitch fix for Jumbo. Is the whole ****** world that desperate for their 15 minutes of fame that it comes to this?

Latest reports suggest that the curator will present a fair pitch with spin being a factor only after day 3. But even assuming he has made it a Kumble friendly pitch, its legit. More to do with home advantage than with fame, I think. Delhi has traditionally been a spinner friendly pitch, much like the WACA at Perth being traditionally pace friendly. Even if the pitch has been relaid, I don't think you can change the basic identity of the soil and its environment.

jim, this bloke was reported as saying that he's fixed this pitch, as he has with others in the past. You may not be able to alter the soil, but you can water it and not shave off every living blade of grass.
Mick Sawyer
Mick Sawyer

Back to top Go down

Post by jim rich Sun 26 Oct 2008, 09:46

Nath wrote:
Para Batsman wrote:

I'd go with AB as far as Krezja is concerned. Hard to judge him only on his success at Jaipur. Delhi will definitely offer him more assistance and he's good for long spells too. I'm guessing Michael Clarke will be good from the other side in short spells.

I wouldn't drop Siddle for anything in the world. I's drop Lee, if I had to.

jim rich

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Sun 26 Oct 2008, 09:47

JGK wrote:If Crazy plays it will be out 4th debutant in 4 matches.
And perhaps one of the least deserving debutants ever.

But if he plays, I wish him well and hope he gets a bag.
skully
skully

Number of posts : 105981

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Sun 26 Oct 2008, 09:49

14-6 to Aus at Half Time.

When's it being shown by Quntvision.
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by Mick Sawyer Sun 26 Oct 2008, 09:49

But if he plays, I wish him well and hope he gets a bag.

aye! Bit like an offie from the Bankstown club.
Mick Sawyer
Mick Sawyer

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Sun 26 Oct 2008, 09:51

skully wrote:14-6 to Aus at Half Time.

When's it being shown by Quntvision.
Oops, wrong thread.
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 36 1, 2, 3 ... 18 ... 36  Next