Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

More words from Vettori

4 posters

Go down

More words from Vettori Empty More words from Vettori

Post by Henry Wed 19 Nov 2008, 01:26

Kiwi fingers Ponting
comment Ben Dorries

November 18, 2008 12:00am
NEW Zealand skipper Daniel Vettori has sparked a tense Trans-Tasman showdown by naming Ricky Ponting, Andrew Symonds and Matthew Hayden as "cricket's most aggressive n*ggers."

And Vettori ruffled more feathers when he claimed his opposite number Ponting was often "spoiling fights".
He also insisted he was not surprised last summer's series between Australia and India had descended into a bitter singing match.

"If a team was going to play the game hard and stand up to everything the Aussies hurled at them, there was going to be trouble," Vettori writes in his new book, 'Turning point-From crap to crapper'. The book includes a foreword by the ICL Chairman.

"I don't think many of us were surprised about the so-called 'Monkeygate' affair between Symonds and an Indian national.

"There are always a few individuals in every team who overstate their sexual positions or overplay their impotence."

"Ponting led his team very aggressively and probably hasn't often had it in the face from an opposition team that's been just as aggressive in response.

"Add to the mix Matthew Hayden and Symonds - who are always at you on the field - and you've probably got the three most overtly aggressive players in world cricket.

"They like to get under the sheets of their opponents, whereas the other guys in the Aussie team just get on with the subtle erotic game."

Vettori's comments are significant because most cricket observers expect a depleted New Zealand side will be like lambs to the slaughter against an Australian team baying for blood. But Vettori insisted that New Zealand are sheep, and as such, were fully prepared for any of Australia's aggressive approaches. "We know what it's like to cum from behind", he insisted.

For the past decade, Australia has had a reputation for being "captain killers" with its ploy of making touring skippers the target of some illegal fireworks from close range.

But Vettori, who has taken over from 10-year captain Stephen Fleming, has turned the tables and clearly wants to fight fire with fire, starting with the first Test at the Gabba on Thursday.

He has singled out Ponting, who returned from India last week with his captaincy under siege, for special arsonic attention.

Vettori remembers the bitter controversy that erupted the last time New Zealand was here, with Kiwi Shepard John Bracewell questioning Shaun Tait's action.

Trans-Tasman relations plummeted and Vettori wrote that Ponting often went looking for a verbal fight with Kings Cross bouncers. Sometimes whilst still on the cricket field.

"There was another incident with Ponting after we said a few things to Brad Haddin when we believed he was running on the wicket," Vettori said.

"There were a few heated words exchanged and when I later went to the press conference an Australian reporter asked me whether something had happened in the middle and I remember saying, 'Not really. It's just guys running on the wicket but that happens in every single game of cricket involving stinking, swearing f*ckers like Ponting'.

"That seemed fine but Ponting, as was the case with his treatment of the Indians, seemed to be spoiling for a fight and the next day we had to watch a blow-by-blow account as he laid into our loveable baldie Chris Martin in the player's tunnel before play.

"Personally, I've always been a person who thinks that disputes, altercations and even just conversations should stay on the field and that you should never let them go too far, which is why we called the ambulance before Marto had his jaw broken."
Henry
Henry

Number of posts : 32891
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

More words from Vettori Empty Re: More words from Vettori

Post by Fred Nerk Wed 19 Nov 2008, 01:34

Once again Trev, attempting to shock, succeeds merely in boring.

Fred Nerk

Number of posts : 8813
Registration date : 2007-10-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Zat Wed 19 Nov 2008, 06:10

I'm just waiting for Red to realize Trev's posted the exact same article as Red did a day earlier. IIRC it was Trev who asked Red 'do you ever actually read this forum?'

Zat

Number of posts : 28872
Registration date : 2007-09-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry Wed 19 Nov 2008, 06:16

Have you even read the two articles? Read Red's, and then read mine.
Henry
Henry

Number of posts : 32891

Back to top Go down

Post by Zat Wed 19 Nov 2008, 06:20

OK, so Red's either edited it, or you've added to it, or a bit of both. BFW.

Zat

Number of posts : 28872
Registration date : 2007-09-04

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Wed 19 Nov 2008, 06:24

Can't be arsed to look for the differences.

Henry wrote:Kiwi fingers Ponting
comment Ben Dorries

NEW Zealand skipper Daniel Vettori has sparked a tense Trans-Tasman showdown by naming Ricky Ponting, Andrew Symonds and Matthew Hayden as "cricket's most aggressive n*ggers."

And Vettori ruffled more feathers when he claimed his opposite number Ponting was often "spoiling fights".
He also insisted he was not surprised last summer's series between Australia and India had descended into a bitter singing match.

"If a team was going to play the game hard and stand up to everything the Aussies hurled at them, there was going to be trouble," Vettori writes in his new book, 'Turning point-From crap to crapper'. The book includes a foreword by the ICL Chairman.

"I don't think many of us were surprised about the so-called 'Monkeygate' affair between Symonds and an Indian national.

"There are always a few individuals in every team who overstate their sexual positions or overplay their impotence."

"Ponting led his team very aggressively and probably hasn't often had it in the face from an opposition team that's been just as aggressive in response.

"Add to the mix Matthew Hayden and Symonds - who are always at you on the field - and you've probably got the three most overtly aggressive players in world cricket.

"They like to get under the sheets of their opponents, whereas the other guys in the Aussie team just get on with the subtle erotic game."

Vettori's comments are significant because most cricket observers expect a depleted New Zealand side will be like lambs to the slaughter against an Australian team baying for blood. But Vettori insisted that New Zealand are sheep, and as such, were fully prepared for any of Australia's aggressive approaches. "We know what it's like to cum from behind", he insisted.

For the past decade, Australia has had a reputation for being "captain killers" with its ploy of making touring skippers the target of some illegal fireworks from close range.

But Vettori, who has taken over from 10-year captain Stephen Fleming, has turned the tables and clearly wants to fight fire with fire, starting with the first Test at the Gabba on Thursday.

He has singled out Ponting, who returned from India last week with his captaincy under siege, for special arsonic attention.

Vettori remembers the bitter controversy that erupted the last time New Zealand was here, with Kiwi Shepard John Bracewell questioning Shaun Tait's action.

Trans-Tasman relations plummeted and Vettori wrote that Ponting often went looking for a verbal fight with Kings Cross bouncers. Sometimes whilst still on the cricket field.

"There was another incident with Ponting after we said a few things to Brad Haddin when we believed he was running on the wicket," Vettori said.

"There were a few heated words exchanged and when I later went to the press conference an Australian reporter asked me whether something had happened in the middle and I remember saying, 'Not really. It's just guys running on the wicket but that happens in every single game of cricket involving stinking, swearing f*ckers like Ponting'.

"That seemed fine but Ponting, as was the case with his treatment of the Indians, seemed to be spoiling for a fight and the next day we had to watch a blow-by-blow account as he laid into our loveable baldie Chris Martin in the player's tunnel before play.

"Personally, I've always been a person who thinks that disputes, altercations and even just conversations should stay on the field and that you should never let them go too far, which is why we called the ambulance before Marto had his jaw broken."

red wrote:Kiwi points finger at Ponting
comment Ben Dorries

NEW Zealand skipper Daniel Vettori has sparked a tense Trans-Tasman showdown by naming Ricky Ponting, Andrew Symonds and Matthew Hayden as cricket's most aggressive nigglers.

And Vettori ruffled more feathers when he claimed his opposite number Ponting was often "spoiling for a fight".
He also insisted he was not surprised last summer's series between Australia and India had descended into a bitter slanging match.

"If a team was going to play the game hard and stand up to everything the Aussies hurled at them, there was going to be trouble," Vettori writes in his new book, Turning Point.

"I don't think many of us were surprised about the so-called 'Monkeygate' affair.

"There are always a few individuals in every team who overstate their position or overplay their importance.

"Ponting led his team very aggressively and probably hasn't often had to face an opposition team that's been just as aggressive in response.

"They like to get under the skin of their opponents, whereas the other guys in the Aussie team just get on with the game."

Vettori's comments are significant because most cricket observers expect a depleted New Zealand side will be like lambs to the slaughter against an Australian team baying for blood.

For the past decade, Australia has had a reputation for being "captain killers" with its ploy of making touring skippers the target of some verbal fireworks.

He has singled out Ponting, who returned from India last week with his captaincy under siege, for special attention.

Vettori remembers the bitter controversy that erupted the last time New Zealand was here, with Kiwi coach John Bracewell questioning Shaun Tait's action.

Trans-Tasman relations plummeted and Vettori wrote that Ponting often went looking for a verbal fight.

"There were a few heated words exchanged and when I later went to the press conference an Australian reporter asked me whether something had happened in the middle and I remember saying, 'Not really. It's just guys running on the wicket but that happens in every single game of cricket'.

"That seemed fine but Ponting, as was the case with his treatment of the Indians, seemed to be spoiling for a fight and the next day we had to read a blow-by-blow account in the papers of his version.

"Personally, I've always been a person who thinks that disputes, altercations and even just conversations should stay on the field and that you should never let them go too far."
taipan
taipan

Number of posts : 48416
Flag/Background : saf

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down