Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Off Topic: The Obscure Song Lyrics Thread.

+10
skully
Yorkie Jill
Hass
LeFromage
Big_Bad_Bob
taipan
Invader Zim
tac
G.Wood
Zat
14 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Off Topic: The Obscure Song Lyrics Thread. - Page 2 Empty Re: Off Topic: The Obscure Song Lyrics Thread.

Post by Zat Fri 05 Dec 2008, 23:25

Yorkie Jill wrote:
Zat wrote:Why? Because I'm bored...

Its the sad eyed goodbye
Yesterdays moments I remember
Its the bleak street, week kneed partings I recall
Its the mistier mists, the hazier days
The brighter sun and the easier lays
Theres all the more reason for laughing and crying
When you're younger and life isnt too hard at all

jeez, you found a queen song I didn't know. Day at the Races is one of the only albums I don't have. Like it though. Roger's songs always appeal.
Cheers Jill. DATR has always lived int ehshadow of ANATO.

Zat

Number of posts : 28872
Registration date : 2007-09-04
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

Off Topic: The Obscure Song Lyrics Thread. - Page 2 Empty Re: Off Topic: The Obscure Song Lyrics Thread.

Post by tac Fri 05 Dec 2008, 23:27

queen? roger songs? FFS, zatty . . .
tac
tac

Number of posts : 19270
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : pon

Back to top Go down

Post by Zat Fri 05 Dec 2008, 23:28

You wouldn't know the definition of a broad taste in music if it bit you on the arse, tac.

Zat

Back to top Go down

Post by tac Fri 05 Dec 2008, 23:29

queen? roger songs? biting on the arse? You turning into skully?
tac
tac

Back to top Go down

Post by Zat Fri 05 Dec 2008, 23:30

Meh.

Zat

Back to top Go down

Post by tac Fri 05 Dec 2008, 23:32

Oh, come on, zatty . . . . we all like queen . . . how could you not.
tac
tac

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 05 Dec 2008, 23:33

I don't.

Back to top Go down

Post by tac Fri 05 Dec 2008, 23:36

bullshit. if a queen song came on the radio you'd bop along like a little schoolie
tac
tac

Back to top Go down

Post by Zat Fri 05 Dec 2008, 23:36

I don't give a stuff what anyone else likes.

But has anyone heard about the Joe Satriani lawsuit against Coldplay? He's suing them for stealing 'Is there love in space'.

Which explains why Viva la Vida sounded familiar the first time I heard it.

Zat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 05 Dec 2008, 23:40

tac wrote:bullshit. if a queen song came on the radio you'd bop along like a little schoolie
The only ones I like are, Don't Stop Me Now and Those Were The Days of Our Lives.
The rest do nothing for me.

Back to top Go down

Post by Zat Fri 05 Dec 2008, 23:42

vs

You be the judge.

Zat

Back to top Go down

Post by LeFromage Sat 06 Dec 2008, 00:05

Sounds like the axe-fiddling wanker has just got his tax bill and is chancing his arm.

Apart from the odd, brief, mild similarity - which could quite easily be explained as coincidence (after all, there's only so many notes in the world) - I don't see how he has much of a case.

That is, unless it married up perfectly with the Coldplay song in the second half. I couldn't listen to any more than three minutes - and even that three minutes of guitar soloing is more than any man should have to endure.
LeFromage
LeFromage

Number of posts : 26195
Registration date : 2007-08-03
Flag/Background : fra

http://www.flamingbails.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Zat Sat 06 Dec 2008, 00:41

Given that he chord progression in the Coldplay thing is only the same four chords, all the way through - except for the last line in the chorus, where a B minor subs in for the G chord, and the middle 8, Coldplay haven't left themselves with much room to manoeuvre.

There is a section in the middle of the Satriani track, which is effectively the entire verse structure for Viva la Vida.

Given that Ray Parker Jr got done for pinching Huey Lewis's 'I want a new drug' to make Ghostbusters, and George Harrison likewise for 'My Sweet Lord' supposedly coming out of 'She's so fine', with a lot less similarity, I think Coldplay might be rooted.

Zat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 06 Dec 2008, 00:48

If Oasis didn't get sued for Cigarettes and Alcohol, or Shakermaker, or any song they've ever done in fact, I'd be surprised if Joe was successful.

Back to top Go down

Post by Zat Sat 06 Dec 2008, 00:54

Vilks, there are many reasons why artists don't get taken for stuff like this, but more often than not, once it gets to court, involving high profile artists, the person taking the action wins.

But it also usually takes years for the result to be sorted.

Zat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 06 Dec 2008, 01:29

Zat wrote:Vilks, there are many reasons why artists don't get taken for stuff like this, but more often than not, once it gets to court, involving high profile artists, the person taking the action wins.

But it also usually takes years for the result to be sorted.
I can't ever recall an action even being won in this sort of situation to be honest, but I would have thought Oasis would be top of the list for suing potential.

I like them, but they did clearly rip off T-Rex.

Back to top Go down

Post by Zat Sat 06 Dec 2008, 01:33

vilkrang wrote:I can't ever recall an action even being won in this sort of situation to be honest
Refer my post three above your previous vilks. There have been others as well.

Zat

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Sat 06 Dec 2008, 01:34

Have you been challenged again???
skully
skully

Number of posts : 105947
Flag/Background : baggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Zat Sat 06 Dec 2008, 01:37

Nah, but I can't help it if nobody else is around.

And besides that, I have a garage to tidy up, and am trying to find ways of avoiding that.

Zat

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Sat 06 Dec 2008, 01:39

Far do's. Wotz it like in Wagga at the mo? It's hot and very steamy in the Knee of Syd right now. Might be an impressive arvo storm brewing.
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by Zat Sat 06 Dec 2008, 01:45

Hot and cloudy. There was some talk of showers, but can't see them coming. A storm would be nice, haven't had a decent one of them in years.

Zat

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Sat 06 Dec 2008, 01:47

How's the mighty Murrumbidgee Creek looking?
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by Zat Sat 06 Dec 2008, 01:51

The Murrumbidgee's doing better than the Murray. There's water flowing along the length of it, and you can swim in it - if you're so inclined.

Apparently at some points in the lower Murray you can literally step across it.

Mind you, was down at Tocumwal last week, and the Murray, while low, was flowing nicely.

Zat

Back to top Go down

Post by Zat Sat 06 Dec 2008, 01:53

Gotta go, the Lady Empress has cracked the whip.

Zat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 06 Dec 2008, 02:22

Zat wrote:
vilkrang wrote:I can't ever recall an action even being won in this sort of situation to be honest
Refer my post three above your previous vilks. There have been others as well.
Fair, never heard of a high profile one though, if someone of the stature of Oasis (who really should be) or Coldplay (maybe) were sued than that would cause quite a stir I would think.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next