Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who is the world's best fast bowler?

+15
DJ_Smerk
Fred Nerk
Brass Monkey
LeFromage
JGK
lardbucket
*Buckaroo*
PlanetPakistan
Hass
Ash
PeterCS
Chandan
Henry
JKLever
beamer
19 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Who is the world's best fast bowler? - Page 2 Empty Re: Who is the world's best fast bowler?

Post by DJ_Smerk Mon 22 Dec 2008, 13:04

Glenn McGrath for me. Pidge might be retired and he might be an Aussie, but he still shi!ts on most of the new age bowlers around.
DJ_Smerk
DJ_Smerk

Number of posts : 15938
Registration date : 2007-09-08
Flag/Background : jnt

Back to top Go down

Who is the world's best fast bowler? - Page 2 Empty Re: Who is the world's best fast bowler?

Post by Brass Monkey Mon 22 Dec 2008, 13:05

Fred Nerk wrote:Watching Tiny and the others was classic 'age and guile' v 'youth and a bad haircut' stuff.

Lee might be the world's best fast bowler today but nowhere near it tomorrow. His lack of consistency alone makes you think 'somewhere there has to be somebody better'. He's held his rating despite bouts of mediocrity because he hasn't missed much through injury lately, and because logically if he's good some of the time he's better than a whole lot of other blokes who are good practically none of the time.

Incisdentally, I thought he bowled OK without much luck in Perth, so it wasn't near his worst ever effort, and he was a MOM candidate just one Test ago.

Maybe, his consistancy was always the problem with him. He could be magic, mostly he'd big one of the biggest bags of shite outside of Mo Sami. His Ashes record is abominable and whilst England are no yardstick, we aren't the worst at facing pace bowling, so it sort of shows his overall calibre.

I'd plump for someone like Flintoff or ZK as I mentioned previously simply for the fact I've seen them toil on some shite ones and make the oppo batsmen very uncomfortable whatever the match situation.
Brass Monkey
Brass Monkey

Number of posts : 44858
Registration date : 2007-09-02
Flag/Background : afg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjWhbVWj9wQ

Back to top Go down

Post by Brass Monkey Mon 22 Dec 2008, 13:06

DJ_Smerk wrote:Glenn McGrath for me. Pidge might be retired and he might be an Aussie, but he still shi!ts on most of the new age bowlers around.

Shut up Smerk, you taffy shite. You're being a bollock-head to say the least.
Brass Monkey
Brass Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Mon 22 Dec 2008, 13:06

I'd say for shear edge of the seat "I can get him out next ball" tension, it's Ishant and Freddy, about even-steven.
skully
skully

Number of posts : 105981
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : baggy

Back to top Go down

Post by DJ_Smerk Mon 22 Dec 2008, 13:08

Brass Monkey wrote:
DJ_Smerk wrote:Glenn McGrath for me. Pidge might be retired and he might be an Aussie, but he still shi!ts on most of the new age bowlers around.

Shut up Smerk, you taffy shite. You're being a bollock-head to say the least.

I stand by my views. applause
DJ_Smerk
DJ_Smerk

Number of posts : 15938
Registration date : 2007-09-08
Flag/Background : jnt

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Mon 22 Dec 2008, 13:10

Fred Nerk wrote:Amid all the hype about Seaman Steyn and Morkel from Orkel before and during the last Test, the guy that did the most damage, and has a 300+ wicket haul behind him, was Ntini.
Red
Red

Number of posts : 17071
Registration date : 2007-10-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Brass Monkey Mon 22 Dec 2008, 13:11

Whatever you were going to say, red, it was bound to be utter shithouse drivel not worth reading.
Brass Monkey
Brass Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Nerk Mon 22 Dec 2008, 13:15

Unfortunately that's probably fair.

Any time Red cuts and pastes a post of mine without comment, I immediately start suspecting I might have posted a load of crap after all.

Fred Nerk

Number of posts : 8821
Registration date : 2007-10-15
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Mon 22 Dec 2008, 13:21

Red wrote:
Fred Nerk wrote:Amid all the hype about Seaman Steyn and Morkel from Orkel before and during the last Test, the guy that did the most damage, and has a 300+ wicket haul behind him, was Ntini.

I was going to say that according to Spanky Ntini was 'pampered' by Smith as he predominantly enjoyed the luxury of bowling downwind while both Steyn and Morkel mainly had to operate into, what was sometimes, a howling wind. The ball rarely swung but according to Moody (on IC) Steyn did swing it when bowling at the beginning of our second innings, while Kallis also was able to swing it a bit. We've included Hilfenhaus with a view to having someone who might swing the ball in Melbourne.
Red
Red

Number of posts : 17071
Registration date : 2007-10-28

Back to top Go down

Post by PlanetPakistan Mon 22 Dec 2008, 15:27

MCG wicket for the test against IND was horribly slow...hope they prepare a FAST one this time around. Need some pace and bounce which we didn't see at Perth
PlanetPakistan
PlanetPakistan

Number of posts : 10285
Registration date : 2008-02-06
Flag/Background : pak

Back to top Go down

Post by PlanetPakistan Mon 22 Dec 2008, 15:28

if the IND AUS series is anything to go by then i will Sydeny is the fastest pitch in AUS
PlanetPakistan
PlanetPakistan

Number of posts : 10285
Registration date : 2008-02-06
Flag/Background : pak

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry Mon 22 Dec 2008, 15:59

Red wrote:
Red wrote:

I was going to say that according to Spanky Ntini was 'pampered' by Smith as he predominantly enjoyed the luxury of bowling downwind while both Steyn and Morkel mainly had to operate into, what was sometimes, a howling wind. The ball rarely swung but according to Moody (on IC) Steyn did swing it when bowling at the beginning of our second innings, while Kallis also was able to swing it a bit. We've included Hilfenhaus with a view to having someone who might swing the ball in Melbourne.

WGAF. South Africa won.
Henry
Henry

Number of posts : 32891
Registration date : 2007-08-31

Back to top Go down

Post by JKLever Mon 22 Dec 2008, 16:16

Henry wrote:

WGAF. South Africa won and Sniffy made a ton. Bayoosucks to Red.

Fixed.
JKLever
JKLever

Number of posts : 27236
Registration date : 2007-08-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Chivalry Augustus Mon 22 Dec 2008, 16:36

Flintoff's the most consistent; averages under 35* in all countries and continents, bowls economically, gets top batsmen out with regularity and is capable of match-winning spells. He never takes wickets in clusters, or rarely anyway, but he'd get in any dream attack at this moment in time as a superb attacking yet strangely negative bowler (I can't explain what I just said in case anyone asks). It's odd, really, he should have taken more wickets. His pace, control and all-round skills are well above those of his contemporaries, and he beats the bat regularly no matter what the weather. He'd be my number one, anyway. Maybe he gets less success because opposition try to survive against him, maybe he's unlucky or maybe he's missing something.

* - Averages more in England than anywhere else. Odd. More wickets away from home at a better average as well. Odd.
Chivalry Augustus
Chivalry Augustus

Who is the world's best fast bowler? - Page 2 Svlx7uN

Number of posts : 4864
Registration date : 2007-09-04

Back to top Go down

Post by LeFromage Mon 22 Dec 2008, 16:48

Doesn't move the ball unless it's reversing. Which, for England since 05, isn't often.
LeFromage
LeFromage

Number of posts : 26195
Registration date : 2007-08-03
Flag/Background : fra

http://www.flamingbails.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry Nolonga Mon 22 Dec 2008, 18:41

Flintoff would probably be my main pick. IMO Zaheer doesn't get enough credit. He'd be up there in my list too, if i had one.
Henry Nolonga
Henry Nolonga

Number of posts : 1639
Registration date : 2007-09-04
Flag/Background : none

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2