Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Presidents team to play Australia in practice game.

+4
taipan
skully
Nath
Red
8 posters

Go down

Presidents team to play Australia in practice game. Empty Presidents team to play Australia in practice game.

Post by Red Tue 17 Feb 2009, 10:11

SA President’s XI:

Alviro Petersen (Lions, captain), Craig Alexander (Lions), Gulam Bodi (Titans), Imraan Khan (Dolphins), Heino Kuhn (Titans), Ethy Mbhalati (Titans), Blake Snijman (Titans), Imran Tahir (Titans), Roelof van der Merwe (Titans), Vaughn van Jaarsveld (Lions), David Wiese (Titans)

That Bodi bloke looks rubbish, I've seen him in a few international T20s and there are some heard ofs including a couple I notice fail when I check scores on Cricinfo. We should be able to dominate this team if we're serious. I'm surprised the small Morkel didn't get a gig given that he won't be playing for them in tests. Maybe they could have also provided Prince with a game to gauge his form against us.
Red
Red

Number of posts : 17071
Registration date : 2007-10-28
Flag/Background : baggy

Back to top Go down

Presidents team to play Australia in practice game. Empty Re: Presidents team to play Australia in practice game.

Post by Nath Tue 17 Feb 2009, 10:14

Imran Tahir. Is he the ex-Pakistani spinner who doesn't qualify to represent South Africa until April?
Nath
Nath

Number of posts : 11982
Registration date : 2007-09-04

Back to top Go down

Presidents team to play Australia in practice game. Empty Re: Presidents team to play Australia in practice game.

Post by skully Tue 17 Feb 2009, 10:20

Interesting assortment of letters. They look like scrabble squares chucked onto a table to see what you can come up with.

Ethy Mbhalati - you're bullsh!ttin', right. Cool
skully
skully

Number of posts : 105986
Registration date : 2007-08-31

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Tue 17 Feb 2009, 10:22

Red wrote:SA President’s XI:

Alviro Petersen (Lions, captain), Craig Alexander (Lions), Gulam Bodi (Titans), Imraan Khan (Dolphins), Heino Kuhn (Titans), Ethy Mbhalati (Titans), Blake Snijman (Titans), Imran Tahir (Titans), Roelof van der Merwe (Titans), Vaughn van Jaarsveld (Lions), David Wiese (Titans)

That Bodi bloke looks rubbish, I've seen him in a few international T20s and there are some heard ofs including a couple I notice fail when I check scores on Cricinfo. We should be able to dominate this team if we're serious. I'm surprised the small Morkel didn't get a gig given that he won't be playing for them in tests. Maybe they could have also provided Prince with a game to gauge his form against us.

The team is based on Lions and Titans as the other teams are involved in the T20 playoffs.

Tahir-correct.
taipan
taipan

Number of posts : 48416
Flag/Background : saf

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Tue 17 Feb 2009, 10:23

skully wrote:Interesting assortment of letters. They look like scrabble squares chucked onto a table to see what you can come up with.

Ethy Mbhalati - you're bullsh!ttin', right. Cool

He's a mate of Hilda's
taipan
taipan

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Tue 17 Feb 2009, 10:24

Lordy, and she has my email address. [ducks for cover]
skully
skully

Number of posts : 105986

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Tue 17 Feb 2009, 11:36

The Titans aren't in the playoffs so the small Morkel should have played.
Red
Red

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Tue 17 Feb 2009, 11:38

Red wrote:The Titans aren't in the playoffs so the small Morkel should have played.

Why?
taipan
taipan

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Tue 17 Feb 2009, 12:45

taipan wrote:
Red wrote:The Titans aren't in the playoffs so the small Morkel should have played.

Why?

So he can strut his stuff in the longer form of the game. If you check out his first class average he is equal to AB, McKenzie et al. Would be interesting to see how he fares against us. If excrement such as Bodi is worth a game, surely the little Morkel is too.
Red
Red

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Tue 17 Feb 2009, 12:47

Red wrote:
taipan wrote:

Why?

So he can strut his stuff in the longer form of the game. If you check out his first class average he is equal to AB, McKenzie et al. Would be interesting to see how he fares against us. If excrement such as Bodi is worth a game, surely the little Morkel is too.

Note to self.

Get some money on Bodi to score runs.
taipan
taipan

Back to top Go down

Post by Brass Monkey Tue 17 Feb 2009, 12:50

Whoaaa..... big news here!!!!! Worth another SA/Aus based thread...
Brass Monkey
Brass Monkey

Number of posts : 44858
Registration date : 2007-09-02
Flag/Background : afg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjWhbVWj9wQ

Back to top Go down

Post by doremi Tue 17 Feb 2009, 13:17

FWIW, I agree with Red on Bodi, looked shit.
doremi
doremi

Number of posts : 9743
Registration date : 2007-09-03
Flag/Background : ind

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Tue 17 Feb 2009, 13:18

doremi wrote:FWIW, I agree with Red on Bodi, looked shit.

Hey I'm not a Bodi fan. Just that if Red predicted it was night, I would put money on it being day.
taipan
taipan

Back to top Go down

Post by embee Tue 17 Feb 2009, 13:19

Bodi is better than KP ...apparently
embee
embee

Number of posts : 26217
Registration date : 2007-09-03
Flag/Background : aus

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Sat 21 Feb 2009, 08:40

doremi wrote:FWIW, I agree with Red on Bodi, looked shit.

Yep I agree, he only got 48 which was pisspoor against this attack.
taipan
taipan

Back to top Go down

Post by Zat Sat 21 Feb 2009, 10:03

embee wrote:Bodi is better than KP ...apparently
Yeah yeah, and Flintoff is better than Jesus...

Zat

Number of posts : 28872
Registration date : 2007-09-04
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down