Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Helicopter stops domestic cricket match in India. COARIAB!

+9
OP Tipping
Bradman
lardbucket
Zat
Chandan
JKLever
embee
Batman
Nath
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Helicopter stops domestic cricket match in India.  COARIAB! Empty Helicopter stops domestic cricket match in India. COARIAB!

Post by Nath Tue 24 Feb 2009, 10:36

Helicopter stops play in cricket match
Mon Feb 23, 11:44 am ET
http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20090223/od_nm/us_india_helicopter
(Writing by Sanjay Rajan; Editing by Alastair Himmer)

MUMBAI (Reuters) – A helicopter stopped play in a domestic cricket game in India after the pilot mistook the pitch for a landing pad, local media reported on Sunday.

Players were forced to abort Saturday's one-day game and scurry for cover when the hapless pilot set the chopper down on the letter 'H' painted in the corner of the cricket ground.

The 'H' stands for the name of the Himachal Pradesh team in the north-west Indian state.

A fire near the stadium also added to the confusion of the pilot, who misinterpreted it for smoke signals, according to the Hindustan Times.

The unscheduled arrival of the helicopter, owned by a private airline, halted play for almost half an hour before the red-faced pilot buzzed off again.

"It landed suddenly. No one knew what was happening," the competing Punjab team manager told the paper after his side won the interrupted game. "There was chaos. Everyone ran for cover."

lol! lol! lol!

Last edited by Nath on Tue 24 Feb 2009, 10:50; edited 1 time in total
Nath
Nath

Number of posts : 11982
Registration date : 2007-09-04
Flag/Background : baggy

Back to top Go down

Helicopter stops domestic cricket match in India.  COARIAB! Empty Re: Helicopter stops domestic cricket match in India. COARIAB!

Post by Batman Tue 24 Feb 2009, 10:49

Not aware of anything of that sort happening as of yet. I can't find the enws anywhere. Someone's having a good time 'reporting' out there.........
Batman
Batman

Number of posts : 8881
Registration date : 2007-09-08
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

Helicopter stops domestic cricket match in India.  COARIAB! Empty Re: Helicopter stops domestic cricket match in India. COARIAB!

Post by embee Tue 24 Feb 2009, 13:37

maybe Bucky can tell us about the helicopter
embee
embee

Number of posts : 26217
Registration date : 2007-09-03
Flag/Background : aus

Back to top Go down

Post by JKLever Tue 24 Feb 2009, 14:05

embee wrote:maybe Bucky can tell us about the helicopter

It's all western psy-ops...
JKLever
JKLever

Number of posts : 27236
Registration date : 2007-08-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Chandan Tue 24 Feb 2009, 14:11

Batman wrote:Not aware of anything of that sort happening as of yet. I can't find the enws anywhere. Someone's having a good time 'reporting' out there.........

Not aware? Looks like you've stopped reading sports news completely these days! Here is the news for you from that very day:

LINK

Chandan

Number of posts : 1780
Registration date : 2007-09-01
Flag/Background : ind

Back to top Go down

Post by Zat Tue 24 Feb 2009, 23:29

A fire near the stadium also added to the confusion of the pilot, who misinterpreted it for smoke signals,
An Indian confused by smoke signals?

Zat

Number of posts : 28872

Back to top Go down

Post by lardbucket Wed 25 Feb 2009, 00:44

a most amusing 'chopper' read

lardbucket

Number of posts : 38127

Back to top Go down

Post by Bradman Wed 25 Feb 2009, 01:13

Reminds me of an incident when I was in Arnhemland. A very senior Aboriginal elder with access to a helicopter used it for a beer run.

I was sitting in my office one fine Monday morning not looking forward to another week of mind numbing paperwork (twas the wet season so couldn’t do much else), when the Senior copper, the Town Administrator, the Mine General Manager and the Deputy Chief Minister (he was the local member as well) charged in.

“You guys heard of knocking.”

“It’s **** (afore mentioned Aboriginal elder)!” said DCM.

“Didn’t die did he (Like I would be that lucky)?”

“No it’s worse. He sent the corporation chopper into town to pick up some beer at the Yacht Club.” said senior copper.

“Look we all know he abuses the bloody thing, how is this my problem?”

“You don’t understand. His pilot flew it to the Yacht Club.” Said Mine GM.

Qmy now seriously confused and somewhat amused at the panic on their faces. Then the penny dropped. “Jesus he didn’t land it in the carpark.”

“No. the stupid bastard landed it on the boat ramp. It was a family day. There were kids everywhere.” said the TA who was also President of said Yacht Club.

At this stage I pissed myself laughing at the thought of the general mayhem that must have ensued.

“This isn’t farking funny.”

I looked at the Mine GM and said, “It’s on your lease pal.”

“The lease expired in ’89.”

Again I broke into uncontrollable laughter. “That’s farking rich mate. Your company has spent the better part of twenty years tying the Trust up in litigation to retain the place. Anyway HTF did he manage to land it there. I know army combat pilots who wouldn’t try. It’s probably an exaggeration.”

“It’s not. I was there.” claimed the TA. “He came in over the bay about ten feet above the water, scaring the fark out of two poor qunts in a tinny, who had to bail out into the most shark infested square mile of water on Earth as they watched the tinny putt putt away. He zipped in over the beach, landed; put the thing in park or WTF you do with a chopper, climbed out and walked to the bar. The barman swears he smelled like a brewery. In the meantime some frigging kids thinking it’s all part of family day fun and climbed into the thing and started farking around with the controls.” By this stage I had tears streaming down my face.

“Well it could’ve been worse. He could have tried to land in the beer garden.” I said after I’d managed to recompose myself.

“He farking did at first. Drinks and food went flying everywhere.” said DCM.

“What happened then?”

“Well evidently when you put these things in park you lock the controls so no, we didn’t have some ten year old take off in it.”

“Yeah well, civil aviation problem.”

“Look we don’t want any fuss. Can you just talk to him and get him to get rid of the pilot? You’re the only one he listens to plus you technically control the corporation.”

The irony of it was I finally said I’d try but the only way out to his outstation was in the same farking chopper with the same farking pilot.

Farking Mondays.
Bradman
Bradman

Number of posts : 17402
Registration date : 2008-08-13
Flag/Background : war

Back to top Go down

Post by lardbucket Wed 25 Feb 2009, 02:22

A community on the rotor ruin.

lardbucket

Back to top Go down

Post by lardbucket Wed 25 Feb 2009, 02:27

JKLever wrote:
embee wrote:maybe Bucky can tell us about the helicopter

It's all western psy-ops ...

Or psycho-sky* ops.

(sorry)

*Sikorsky

lardbucket

Back to top Go down

Post by Zat Wed 25 Feb 2009, 03:09

Trying too hard there, lardy.

Zat

Back to top Go down

Post by lardbucket Wed 25 Feb 2009, 08:17

There is no effort involved, believe me. That makes it even worse.

lardbucket

Back to top Go down

Post by OP Tipping Thu 05 Mar 2009, 05:54

Hmmm, second time in a fortnight that a helicopter landed on a cricket outfield.
OP Tipping
OP Tipping

Helicopter stops domestic cricket match in India.  COARIAB! Svlx7uN

Number of posts : 4680
Registration date : 2008-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Thu 05 Mar 2009, 06:56

Oops, I've let Oppie suck me in.
skully
skully

Number of posts : 105986
Registration date : 2007-08-31

Back to top Go down

Post by OP Tipping Thu 05 Mar 2009, 07:03

Eh?

No suckage here. It's true.
OP Tipping
OP Tipping

Helicopter stops domestic cricket match in India.  COARIAB! Svlx7uN

Number of posts : 4680
Registration date : 2008-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Thu 05 Mar 2009, 09:45

Nah, it was more about me not realising it was an "old" thread resurrected. I posted sumpent but it was a bit out of context given this thread is over a week old, so edited to "Oops..." shrug
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by Bradman Thu 05 Mar 2009, 11:21

OP Tipping wrote:Hmmm, second time in a fortnight that a helicopter landed on a cricket outfield.

Careful you might be accused of insensitivity or maybe have to ban yourself.
Bradman
Bradman

Number of posts : 17402
Registration date : 2008-08-13
Flag/Background : war

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Thu 05 Mar 2009, 11:25

Is telling Horrie to get farked insensitive?
taipan
taipan

Number of posts : 48416
Flag/Background : saf

Back to top Go down

Post by Zat Thu 05 Mar 2009, 23:27

No.

Zat

Back to top Go down

Post by jim rich Fri 06 Mar 2009, 10:27

Zat wrote:
A fire near the stadium also added to the confusion of the pilot, who misinterpreted it for smoke signals,
An Indian confused by smoke signals?

Would have added a nice Aussie touch had a streaker piloted the chopper, don't you think? Laughing

jim rich

Number of posts : 829
Registration date : 2008-09-01

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Sat 09 Jan 2010, 07:51

One to warm Farky's heart. Budda-budda-budda.
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by Zat Sat 09 Jan 2010, 09:23

Helicopter stops domestic cricket match in India.  COARIAB! Chinook-01-june

Zat

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Wed 13 Jan 2010, 11:20

Over farky's house...

Helicopter stops domestic cricket match in India.  COARIAB! Shotgun-shack
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by Nath Wed 13 Jan 2010, 11:25

skully wrote:Over farky's house...

the Lionel Hutz book of Real Estate confirms this as "rustic"
Nath
Nath

Number of posts : 11982

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Wed 13 Jan 2010, 11:25

skully wrote:Over farky's house...

Where's the TV aerial?
taipan
taipan

Number of posts : 48416
Flag/Background : saf

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next