Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I got this wrong folks/other thoughts

+14
furriner
Henry
Makaveli
freddled gruntbuggly
eowyn
Batman
Red
tac
Chandan
DJ_Smerk
OP Tipping
*Buckaroo*
horace
PlanetPakistan
18 posters

Go down

I got this wrong folks/other thoughts Empty I got this wrong folks/other thoughts

Post by PlanetPakistan Wed 04 Mar 2009, 02:49

1- First of all condolences to the family members of those brave policemen and the mini bus driver who lost thier lives while trying to save the cricketers. Also a big thank you to the other members of police and the main bus driver. Thank you to Chris Broad for his bravery, the stains of the 1987 tour were fully washed today

2- Huge thank you for the brave Sri Lankans who not only came to play but even after this horrific incident showed full support.

3-I was wrong and apologize for it, its obviously not safe for ANY team to tour Pakistan and the WC 2011 should certainly be taken away from pakistan.

4- This is the end of test cricket in Pakistan and possibly the end of cricket in general.
Its been an awesome journey starting with that win at Lucknow 1952 and Oval 1954 and possibly peaking at Melbourne92 but like they say all good things have to end.

5- I think its the right time for me to take a break(possibly a couple of months) from this place.

p.s just in case you are wondering i am NOT going to waste my time talking about these STINKING politicans!

Last edited by PlanetPakistan on Wed 04 Mar 2009, 02:51; edited 1 time in total
PlanetPakistan
PlanetPakistan

Number of posts : 10285
Registration date : 2008-02-06
Flag/Background : pak

Back to top Go down

I got this wrong folks/other thoughts Empty Re: I got this wrong folks/other thoughts

Post by horace Wed 04 Mar 2009, 02:51

do not do that PP...hang around...cricket will continue to be played in P even if there are no tours there for some time
horace
horace

Number of posts : 42573
Registration date : 2007-09-06
Flag/Background : ire

Back to top Go down

I got this wrong folks/other thoughts Empty Re: I got this wrong folks/other thoughts

Post by *Buckaroo* Wed 04 Mar 2009, 02:54

faisal, I suggest you stick around.

Only when the going gets tough, tough minds are carved out.
*Buckaroo*
*Buckaroo*

Number of posts : 4771
Registration date : 2007-09-06
Flag/Background : wi

http://exc4cricket.forum-motion.com/index.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by PlanetPakistan Wed 04 Mar 2009, 02:54

horace wrote:do not do that PP...hang around...cricket will continue to be played in P even if there are no tours there for some time

thanks for the support hori

but like i said before that my interest in the sport had gone down significantly due to the 14 months of absence and after what happened today i don't think i have any desire to even watch a single cricket ball bowled for the next few weeks at least
PlanetPakistan
PlanetPakistan

Back to top Go down

Post by OP Tipping Wed 04 Mar 2009, 03:00

"4- This is the end of test cricket in Pakistan and possibly the end of cricket in general.
Its been an awesome journey starting with that win at Lucknow 1952 and Oval 1954 and possibly peaking at Melbourne92 but like they say all good things have to end.

5- I think its the right time for me to take a break(possibly a couple of months) from this place."

I think this is a bit pessimistic. Certainly it is not the end of cricket _for_ the Pakistan national cricket team, who continue to be one of the major sides in all three forms, albeit without the ability to face other teams at home.

Pakistan, the nation, has a lot to sort out. It will certainly take years, maybe decades, but not forever. I'm sure we'll see international cricket there again. South Africa was out for a generation: look at them now.

I'd prefer you would stay but I can understand.
OP Tipping
OP Tipping

I got this wrong folks/other thoughts Svlx7uN

Number of posts : 4680
Registration date : 2008-01-10
Flag/Background : aus

Back to top Go down

Post by DJ_Smerk Wed 04 Mar 2009, 03:23

Come on PP, Cricket will still exist in the Hearts of the Many thousands of Pakistani fans and the domestic competitions in Pakistan will mean that young talent will be constantly churned out.

Once a solution has been sorted in terms of a home nation for Pakistan to play "home" games on, things on a cricketing level will have mildly been justified on a short term basis (2-3 years). Don't blame yourself and your cricketing knowledge is needed here as much as anyone.

While playing on neutral venues is not the same, its not to be doubted that Pakistan are important to World Cricket, as much as any other team. Stick around yeah?
DJ_Smerk
DJ_Smerk

Number of posts : 15938
Registration date : 2007-09-08
Flag/Background : jnt

Back to top Go down

Post by Chandan Wed 04 Mar 2009, 07:31

PlanetPakistan wrote:
4- This is the end of test cricket in Pakistan and possibly the end of cricket in general.

5- I think its the right time for me to take a break(possibly a couple of months) from this place.

No need to get so depressed Faisal! It indeed was a horrific incident but one which PCB or Pak cricket had no control over. Why should it be the demise of cricket? Pak may not be able to play matches in Pakistan for some time but they can certainly play at neutral venues.

And of course they can continue their away tours.

Actually test cricket needs to have a strong Pakistani squad and that'll only happen if its own followers will keep their interest alive. So I suppose you shouldn't ditch cricket.

Last edited by Chandan on Wed 04 Mar 2009, 07:42; edited 1 time in total

Chandan

Number of posts : 1780
Registration date : 2007-09-01
Flag/Background : ind

Back to top Go down

Post by tac Wed 04 Mar 2009, 07:33

Chandan wrote:
PlanetPakistan wrote:

No need to get so depressed Faisal! It indeed was a horrific incident but perhaps one which PCB or Pak cricket had no control over. Why should it be the demise of cricket? Pak may not be able to play matches in Pakistan for some time but they can certainly play at neutral venues.

And of course they can continue their away tours.

Actually test cricket needs to have a strong Pakistani squad and that'll only happen if its own followers will keep their interest alive. So I suppose you shouldn't ditch cricket.

Are you suggesting that perhaps they did have control over it?
tac
tac

Number of posts : 19270
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : pon

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Wed 04 Mar 2009, 07:39

PlanetPakistan wrote:

p.s just in case you are wondering i am NOT going to waste my time talking about these STINKING politicans!

Your country will continue to play cricket albeit not on home soil. Now more than ever they need your support.

And you still have your favourites like Steyn etc. to follow.
Red
Red

Number of posts : 17071
Registration date : 2007-10-28
Flag/Background : baggy

Back to top Go down

Post by OP Tipping Wed 04 Mar 2009, 07:45

Apart from which, if you don't come here you won't be able to tell horrie to ********.
OP Tipping
OP Tipping

I got this wrong folks/other thoughts Svlx7uN

Number of posts : 4680
Registration date : 2008-01-10
Flag/Background : aus

Back to top Go down

Post by Batman Wed 04 Mar 2009, 08:21

Hang around Faisal. Our differences apart, I understand the inner turmoil and embarrasement you feel now. As I have outlined in many of my posts, the road to rdemption for Pak isn't an easy one and unlikely to start anytime too soon. But there is a need for voices to express that very need. I empathise with your feelings. Losing people here will also be sad for the forum.

Stick around.
Batman
Batman

Number of posts : 8881
Registration date : 2007-09-08
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

Post by eowyn Wed 04 Mar 2009, 08:33

PP, you give up on cricket, you let them win.....
eowyn
eowyn

Number of posts : 11132
Registration date : 2007-09-04
Flag/Background : yrk

Back to top Go down

Post by freddled gruntbuggly Wed 04 Mar 2009, 09:30

eowyn wrote:PP, you give up on cricket, you let them win.....
I keep telling myself that every time I see the CLBER 'bowl'.
freddled gruntbuggly
freddled gruntbuggly

I got this wrong folks/other thoughts 7EoDRAk

Number of posts : 2959
Registration date : 2007-09-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Makaveli Wed 04 Mar 2009, 12:33

I feel you PP, this is totally depressing atleast we got the memories of the great players like Imran, Wasim, Inzi etc that made me love the sport.

But as the other guys have said, this is the time when Pak cricket needs our support the most so don't give up on it, even though you tear your hair out at times following them!
Makaveli
Makaveli

Number of posts : 1498

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry Wed 04 Mar 2009, 13:49

Pakistan will play some home games in England. It wont be a real home game, but you can be sure that it will feel like it considering that England has the biggest Pakistani ex-pat community in the world.

It's sad that there will be no international cricket in Pakistan for a long time, but in all honesty, taking away test cricket from those empty, soul-less concrete stadiums in favour of a reasonably full Old Trafford or Headingley will be no bad thing purely from a cricketing point of view.
Henry
Henry

Number of posts : 32891

Back to top Go down

Post by PlanetPakistan Wed 04 Mar 2009, 14:48

thanks for the support guys...

will try to stick around.
PlanetPakistan
PlanetPakistan

Back to top Go down

Post by furriner Wed 04 Mar 2009, 14:59

Hang in there. Most fans - sane ones at least- feel neither vindictiveness nor a sense of I-told-you-so.

It's just - sad. I feel that the floodgates have been opened with this strike. The politics of the subcontinent, the factionalism, are such that it could very well happen again, in India or Pakistan.
furriner
furriner

Number of posts : 12508
Flag/Background : ind

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterCS Wed 04 Mar 2009, 15:58

PP - don't beat yourself up over this. You speak your mind - generally a fair one, I think - and probably get some calls wrong, and get excited or feel down on various occasions, for understandable reasons. Like most of us here.

Keep going, mate.
PeterCS
PeterCS

Number of posts : 43743
Registration date : 2008-05-23
Flag/Background : ire

Back to top Go down

Post by Basil Wed 04 Mar 2009, 18:13

PP: cricket survived in South Africa despite not being able to field an international side for over 20 years. Abu Dhabi and England will I daresay offer a base for "home" tours for the time being.
Basil
Basil

Number of posts : 15936

Back to top Go down

Post by lardbucket Wed 04 Mar 2009, 20:22

furriner wrote:Hang in there. Most fans - sane ones at least- feel neither vindictiveness nor a sense of I-told-you-so.

It's just - sad. I feel that the floodgates have been opened with this strike. The politics of the subcontinent, the factionalism, are such that it could very well happen again, in India or Pakistan.

or anywhere ... eg England, 2009.

You're absolutely right.

It may become impossible to provide security for teams and/or spectators, anywhere.

lardbucket

Number of posts : 38123
Flag/Background : baggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Zat Thu 05 Mar 2009, 02:58

PlanetPakistan wrote:thanks for the support guys...

Stick around PP. Who else will be here to make the case for pace?

And if worst comes to worst, just hang around and talk gibberish, with only the occasional cricket reference. Plenty of others do that.

Zat

Number of posts : 28872

Back to top Go down

Post by tac Thu 05 Mar 2009, 03:05

Zat wrote:

And if worst comes to worst, just hang around and talk gibberish, with only the occasional cricket reference. Plenty of others do that.

You can't leave horrie out of it, can you . . .
tac
tac

Back to top Go down

Post by Zat Thu 05 Mar 2009, 03:17

tac wrote:
Zat wrote:

You can't leave horrie out of it, can you . . .
Please note the bold in the re-post.

But unlike some other posters, I won't mkae a list of the 'plenty'.

Zat

Back to top Go down

Post by tac Thu 05 Mar 2009, 03:18

it is the way of their people, zatty . . .
tac
tac

Back to top Go down

Post by Zat Thu 05 Mar 2009, 03:19

'swhy I'm glad I'm from the planet Zog.

Zat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down