Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Formula One World Championship

+26
tricycle
Paul Keating
beamer
DJ_Smerk
embee
eowyn
Chivalry Augustus
horace
lardbucket
G.Wood
ever hopeful
Hass
skully
Zat
taipan
Henry
Nath
PeterCS
JKLever
Big_Bad_Bob
LeFromage
Mick Sawyer
Merlin
Bradman
JGK
WideWally
30 posters

Page 26 of 34 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 30 ... 34  Next

Go down

Formula One World Championship - Page 26 Empty Re: Formula One World Championship

Post by Merlin Mon 12 May 2014, 06:56

Bradman wrote:Best race of the season so far.  Individual battle froms 1-10.  Apart from Ricciardo who once third never looked like being caught or catching the mercs.
Yep, agree - hard to see anyone catching the Mercs.
Vettel excelled himself (despite all his bitching) by finishing 4th after starting the race in 12th.
Maclaren and Button's season seems to have come off the rails somewhat.

Merlin

Number of posts : 14718
Registration date : 2007-09-05
Flag/Background : afg

Back to top Go down

Formula One World Championship - Page 26 Empty Re: Formula One World Championship

Post by lardbucket Mon 12 May 2014, 11:07

Good race to watch.

lardbucket

Number of posts : 38123
Registration date : 2007-09-03
Flag/Background : baggy

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Tue 13 May 2014, 01:26

watched the end (had insomnia) .... it is clear the 2 merc drivers hate each other's guts...even worse than Vettel and Webber...the only one who seemed remotely happy was Ricciardo.....
horace
horace

Number of posts : 42573
Registration date : 2007-09-06
Flag/Background : ire

Back to top Go down

Post by Bradman Tue 13 May 2014, 03:28

Nice to have your team in your corner for once.
Bradman
Bradman

Number of posts : 17402
Registration date : 2008-08-13
Flag/Background : war

Back to top Go down

Post by lardbucket Sat 24 May 2014, 13:29

MONACO QUALIFYING

Red Bull competing strongly with the Mercedes this time.

Vettel shaded by his team mate again; good to see.

lardbucket

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 24 May 2014, 14:57

Can 100% guarantee that had it been Hamilton in pole today that the stewards would be f*cking him over, will be interested to see if they let Rosberg off.

Back to top Go down

Post by beamer Sun 25 May 2014, 10:01

Well, he got away with it. What odds a first corner tangle handing Red Bull a win?

Mercedes had already asked Prost for his advice on dealing with having team-mates battle for the title before this latest incident, I think when it happens there's only one outcome which is why teams at the top often go for a number two driver who knows his place.

beamer

Number of posts : 15399
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

Post by tricycle Mon 26 May 2014, 02:32

Has there been a single teammate that Hamilton hasn't fallen out with? He comes off as a right petulant twat.

tricycle

Number of posts : 13349
Registration date : 2011-12-17
Flag/Background : none

Back to top Go down

Post by JGK Mon 26 May 2014, 02:52

Bad day for team mates of black people?

JGK

Number of posts : 41790
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : jnt

Back to top Go down

Post by lardbucket Mon 26 May 2014, 08:57

Bad day for Germans not called Nico.

lardbucket

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlin Mon 26 May 2014, 21:52

tricycle wrote:Has there been a single teammate that Hamilton hasn't fallen out with? He comes off as a right petulant twat.

They're both as bad as the other - Rosberg's certainly had his fair share of gross petulance.

On this occasion however, it would be harsh not to see Hamilton's POV regarding his "team mate" "crashing out" which just happened to be on the final practice lap with Hamilton hot on his heels, only for LH to be foiled by the safety car and several multi-coloured flags all waving him to stop - and this despite the stewards decision and Rosberg's 'apology'.

Wonder what LH meant when he referred to his "just watch the monitor" comment.

Rosberg knew that he'd be hard to pass off pole, especially on the Monaco circuit.. . .

Their open dislike for the other certainly leaves that witnessed between Vettel and Webber in the shade . . .

Good for F1 though !!

Merlin

Back to top Go down

Post by LeFromage Mon 26 May 2014, 22:05

tricycle wrote:Has there been a single teammate that Hamilton hasn't fallen out with? He comes off as a right petulant twat.

He's a massively self-absorbed drama queen.

I've no idea how he and Nicole Shitslinger stayed together so long - what did they have in common...?
LeFromage
LeFromage

Number of posts : 26195
Registration date : 2007-08-03
Flag/Background : fra

http://www.flamingbails.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 26 May 2014, 22:10

Racists.

Back to top Go down

Post by tricycle Tue 27 May 2014, 07:02

Dello wrote:

He's a massively self-absorbed drama queen.

I've no idea how he and Nicole Shitslinger stayed together so long - what did they have in common...?
Tits?

FWIW, Shitsinger's an apt career description.

tricycle

Back to top Go down

Post by lardbucket Sun 08 Jun 2014, 14:10

Montreal GP in a few hours.

Rosberg > Hamilton > Vettel in final qualifying.

Quotes from the main players; Nico Rosberg on beating Mercedes team mate Lewis Hamilton to pole for the second race in succession; Sebastian Vettel on an excellent third for Red Bull; and Ricciardo. Valtteri Bottas and Felipe Massa provided Williams’ best team qualifying effort since 2006.

(quotes edited from Formula One official website)

Nico Rosberg (1st, Q3 - 1:14.874)
“It's been a great weekend so far and I'm really pleased with how I have been able to improve my set-up from session to session. Even before Qualifying we made some quite big changes and they worked out perfectly. So I am very happy with starting from pole tomorrow. That was very important as there aren't many opportunities to overtake here, particularly if you are in the same car. I think it will be a battle between the two of us out there tomorrow as the gap to the other cars was quite big in qualifying today and also on our long runs on Friday were strong. This is such a good track here in Montreal and the fans create a special atmosphere so I hope we can put on a great race tomorrow for them.”

Lewis Hamilton (2nd, Q3 - 1:14.953)
“Nico did a fantastic lap but it wasn't the greatest qualifying session for me because I went wide a couple of times on my lap, in turns six and eight. It was very close, with just eight-hundredths of a second in it, but Nico did the better job this afternoon. It's great for the team that we have a one-two on the grid but I am expecting it to be a tough race: it's not that easy to overtake here, especially in the same car and with Nico being so close on pace. I will do what I can tomorrow and we will be trying to score as many points as we can. I also want to say something about this amazing weekend in Canada. It's one of the best races of the year, especially because of the fantastic fans who make the atmosphere something special. We love coming here and I hope we can put on a great race tomorrow.”

Sebastian Vettel (3rd, Q3 - 1:15.548)
“The start of the last lap wasn’t great. I still didn’t manage to get that first sector right, I didn’t get along with the first two corners very well today. But, after that I tried to take more risk and it worked, so sector two was very good through the two chicanes, especially through the second one; I found a significantly better line and more time compared to previous runs. I then kept it together until the end, so a very good result. It was the maximum we could do – we were very close with those behind, half a second behind the Mercs, but then four cars were within four to five hundredths of a second of each other, so I’m happy to be the quickest of those. Strategy could be a bit of a surprise tomorrow, we’ll have to wait and see what happens but Williams is strong here and the Mercedes powered cars will be looking forward to the straights. I will try to stay as close as I can to the front two and get some tow. If we have a chance to attack them, then we should go for it.”

Daniel Ricciardo (6th, Q3 - 1:15.589)
“It was a bit scrappy on the final run, we made a couple of adjustments and it didn’t quite work out - but that’s hindsight! We were close to third, but not close enough and we paid a bit of a price by being sixth. We’ve made progress throughout the weekend and we were not too far off, but it’s disappointing to just miss out. The times were close, but it could have been better. Hopefully we can get a good start tomorrow and see how we go, the strategy will be interesting.”

lardbucket

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Dog Sun 08 Jun 2014, 21:50

Congratulations to Daniel Ricciardo on his maiden F1 GP win.
Big Dog
Big Dog

Number of posts : 16498
Flag/Background : tig

http://bigdog.bigblog.com.au/index.do

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Mon 09 Jun 2014, 06:22

Big Dog wrote:Congratulations to Daniel Ricciardo on his maiden F1 GP win.

Huzzah!!  cheers 
skully
skully

Number of posts : 105983

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlin Mon 09 Jun 2014, 09:47

Big Dog wrote:Congratulations to Daniel Ricciardo on his maiden F1 GP win.

What a spectacular manoeuvre overtaking Rosberg on the penultimate lap to take the race.

And conversely, what a crap attempt at overtaking by Massa when he did for poor old Perez
(sadly not managing to take out Vettel as well !)

Merlin

Back to top Go down

Post by tricycle Mon 16 Jun 2014, 10:57

Schumacher out of coma
http://news.sky.com/story/1283224/schumacher-out-of-coma-and-leaves-hospital

tricycle

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlin Mon 16 Jun 2014, 17:05

tricycle wrote:Schumacher out of coma

Aye, good news.
Fingers crossed.

Merlin

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Mon 16 Jun 2014, 23:11

tricycle wrote:Schumacher out of coma

Good news, but very sketchy on details of Schumy's condition. He could be a vege for all we know.

As Merls says, fingers crossed.
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by JGK Mon 16 Jun 2014, 23:14

Good to hear that he's out of the coma. Next step is to be able to spell it.

JGK

Number of posts : 41790
Flag/Background : jnt

Back to top Go down

Post by lardbucket Mon 16 Jun 2014, 23:39

I read it as 'out of coma and into persistent vegetative state', i.e. not very encouraging at all.

I doubt we will ever hear any good news about Michael Schumacher.

IIRC Jackie Wilson lived for some 9 years in a persistent vegetative state after collapsing on stage ... a fate worse than death.

lardbucket

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Tue 17 Jun 2014, 00:00

lardbucket wrote:I read it as 'out of coma and into persistent vegetative state', i.e. not very encouraging at all.

I doubt we will ever hear any good news about Michael Schumacher.

Aye, this was my reaction.
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Tue 17 Jun 2014, 01:31

aye should have pegged out ....likely severe brain injury
horace
horace

Number of posts : 42573
Registration date : 2007-09-06
Flag/Background : ire

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 26 of 34 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 30 ... 34  Next