Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Big Dev gets stuck into the Harmless Sooky Pea Heart

+2
PeterCS
Big_Bad_Bob
6 posters

Go down

Big Dev gets stuck into the Harmless Sooky Pea Heart Empty Big Dev gets stuck into the Harmless Sooky Pea Heart

Post by Big_Bad_Bob Tue 12 May 2009, 00:23

Devon Malcolm, the former England fast bowler, has criticised Steve Harmison's outlook and believes he should not have an ECB central contract. Malcom attacked Harmison's attitude as being 'too comfortable', saying the fast bowler lacked the necessary drive to play for his country.

"I don't like the way Harmison speaks at certain times. You shouldn't give guys like Harmison a central contract. I'm not speaking out against central contracts per se but there are certain characters that make up a team and there are certain ways to manage them," Malcolm wrote for The Wisden Cricketer's website. "How I'm reading it at the moment, it doesn't matter to Harmison if he doesn't play against West Indies or Australia because he's still got a central contract. At the back of his mind he's an England player."

"Steve just seems a little bit fragile at the moment. The simplest little thing knocks him off line. It seems he still hasn't fully recovered from that first ball he bowled in the last Ashes series. I've never heard Steve say that was a terrible day."

According to Malcolm, Harmison should never play for England unless he had use of the new ball.

"He should have the confidence to say: 'I want that new ball. As an out-and-out fast bowler that should be my right,'" said Malcolm. "Harmison as second-change. No way! You're hiding him like that. The opposition sees the guy who is meant to be your quickest bowler is not taking the new ball and it's a psychological advantage."

Hear, hear, Dev. Hear, hear.

Particularly agree with his points about the new ball and the way Harmison speaks - I think he's a bit of a fruit cake nowadays to be honest.

Though like Harmison himself, this is probably now yesterday's news. Think this will be Harmlessone's last central contract, and I don't expect to see him in an England shirt again . . . please.

Full Story : - http://content.cricinfo.com/england/content/current/story/403891.html
Big_Bad_Bob
Big_Bad_Bob

Big Dev gets stuck into the Harmless Sooky Pea Heart ZY4L4DZ

Number of posts : 3718
Registration date : 2007-09-28
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

Big Dev gets stuck into the Harmless Sooky Pea Heart Empty Re: Big Dev gets stuck into the Harmless Sooky Pea Heart

Post by PeterCS Sat 20 Mar 2010, 01:22

Didn't realise Big Dev was so influential.
PeterCS
PeterCS

Number of posts : 43743
Registration date : 2008-05-23
Flag/Background : ire

Back to top Go down

Big Dev gets stuck into the Harmless Sooky Pea Heart Empty Re: Big Dev gets stuck into the Harmless Sooky Pea Heart

Post by Henry Sat 20 Mar 2010, 01:52

Big Dev himself was an enigma like Harmi, but he does have a point.
Henry
Henry

Number of posts : 32891
Registration date : 2007-08-31

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Sat 20 Mar 2010, 02:50

[vilky]Big Dev gets stuck into the Harmless Sooky Pea Heart Ears[/vilky]
skully
skully

Number of posts : 105982
Flag/Background : baggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 20 Mar 2010, 11:35

The way Harmless was speaking on a highlights programme of the last test was laughable. He clearly doesn't have the drive or ambition to force his way back in to the team.

Please, selectors, don't hand him another cap, he is a pussy. Langer was right, but he picked the wrong player.

Back to top Go down

Post by Basil Sat 20 Mar 2010, 23:15

Harmy's race is run - we have Broad and now Finn to do the short-of-a-length-make-them-hop-a-bit stuff
Basil
Basil

Number of posts : 15936
Registration date : 2007-09-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Zat Sat 20 Mar 2010, 23:34

PHS. (refer glossary). Enough said.

Zat

Number of posts : 28872
Registration date : 2007-09-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry Sat 20 Mar 2010, 23:37

I'd be very surprised (and angry) if Harmi plays for England again.

He actually bowled very well in his last test against Aus at the Oval. Was really hostile on that last day. Too little too late, though.
Henry
Henry

Number of posts : 32891

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down