Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Koertzen's century nothing to celebrate!

+16
Bradman
G.Wood
Henry
embee
WIFAN
WideWally
Blackadder
PeterCS
Hass
Merlin
skully
Shoeshine
JKLever
JGK
taipan
Red
20 posters

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Koertzen's century nothing to celebrate! - Page 6 Empty Re: Koertzen's century nothing to celebrate!

Post by PeterCS Fri 24 Jul 2009, 05:05

Walkers are crisps, over here.
PeterCS
PeterCS

Number of posts : 43743
Registration date : 2008-05-23
Flag/Background : ire

Back to top Go down

Koertzen's century nothing to celebrate! - Page 6 Empty Re: Koertzen's century nothing to celebrate!

Post by G.Wood Fri 24 Jul 2009, 05:08

skully wrote:Walkers are pansies. As are umpires who whinge about non-walkers. FFS.

PeterCS wrote:Walkers are crisps, over here.

Crisps are chips over here

chips are qlders

qlders are pansies

it all makes sense
G.Wood
G.Wood

Number of posts : 12070
Registration date : 2007-09-06
Flag/Background : none

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Fri 24 Jul 2009, 05:16

Cool
skully
skully

Number of posts : 105981
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : baggy

Back to top Go down

Post by embee Fri 24 Jul 2009, 05:35

Zat wrote:I

Turns out I'd dropped my bat onto the stumps and was not only out cold for a few seconds, but out hit wicket as well.

Good News for you Zat (although possibly a bit late) ...The ball became dead when you were seriously hurt so you aren't out hit wicket
embee
embee

Number of posts : 26217
Registration date : 2007-09-03
Flag/Background : aus

Back to top Go down

Post by G.Wood Fri 24 Jul 2009, 05:44

Perhaps they figured it was only zat so it wasn't serious
G.Wood
G.Wood

Number of posts : 12070
Flag/Background : none

Back to top Go down

Post by Zat Fri 24 Jul 2009, 05:51

embee wrote:
Zat wrote:I

Turns out I'd dropped my bat onto the stumps and was not only out cold for a few seconds, but out hit wicket as well.

Good News for you Zat (although possibly a bit late) ...The ball became dead when you were seriously hurt so you aren't out hit wicket
Pretty sure it still says out in the scorebook. But I'll remember that at the next school reunion.

Zat

Number of posts : 28872
Registration date : 2007-09-04
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Fri 24 Jul 2009, 08:45

Koertzen's century nothing to celebrate! - Page 6 Prof
skully
skully

Number of posts : 105981

Back to top Go down

Post by Bradman Fri 24 Jul 2009, 09:05

I always walked when I was given out.
Bradman
Bradman

Number of posts : 17402
Registration date : 2008-08-13
Flag/Background : war

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Fri 24 Jul 2009, 09:51

Crash Craddock is the next to upset Koertzen's applecart.

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,25826329-2882,00.html

THE lack of accountability of modern umpires has been exposed again with the struggling to stand in the next Ashes Test.
In an appointment made before the series, Koertzen will team with Pakistan's Aleem Dar at Edgbaston next week.
An ICC spokesman said yesterday that once appointments had been made they were not changed, except in extreme circumstances.
Koertzen, 60, was under fire in the second Test after failing to refer Andrew Strauss's slips catch to the third umpire when replays appeared to confirm the ball touched the ground.
He also failed to detect that Simon Katich's second innings dismissal came from an Andrew Flintoff no-ball.
Red
Red

Number of posts : 17071
Registration date : 2007-10-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Zat Fri 24 Jul 2009, 09:55

Bradman wrote:I always walked when I was given out.
Sage.

And I only ever took a swing at the stumps with my bat the one time...

Zat

Back to top Go down

Post by Zat Fri 24 Jul 2009, 09:56

An ICC spokesman said yesterday that once appointments had been made they were not changed, except in extreme circumstances. when the BCCI threatened to throw all their toys ouot of the cot and cost the ICC a lot of money.
Fixed.

Zat

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Fri 24 Jul 2009, 10:04

Red wrote:Crash Craddock is the next to upset Koertzen's applecart.

Fark me, Crash has spoken. That's Rudi farked then.
taipan
taipan

Number of posts : 48416
Flag/Background : saf

Back to top Go down

Post by Bradman Fri 24 Jul 2009, 10:24

I like Crash, but that's mainly due to his stance during the superleague war (and I only experienced that uproar third hand). I (as every Qlder should) hate Ray Hadley's guts but will always have a soft spot for him over the gun control stuff, despite his Superleague carry-on.

Matter of varying perspective I suppose.
Bradman
Bradman

Back to top Go down

Post by Zat Fri 24 Jul 2009, 10:26

Bradman wrote:I (as every Qlder right-thinking person on the face of the earthshould) hate Ray Hadley's guts
Fixed.

Zat

Back to top Go down

Post by Shoeshine Fri 24 Jul 2009, 10:29

Sod walking. The amount of times I've been given out by clueless umpires caught off my hip, or when the "pitched outside leg stump" rule is apparently one that they've never heard before, I'm buggered if I'm then going to wander off when I really am out and they haven't noticed it.

Shoeshine

Koertzen's century nothing to celebrate! - Page 6 Svlx7uN

Number of posts : 4512

Back to top Go down

Post by Zat Fri 24 Jul 2009, 10:36

Shoeshine wrote:Sod walking. The amount of times I've been given out by clueless umpires caught off my hip, or when the "pitched outside leg stump" rule is apparently one that they've never heard before, I'm buggered if I'm then going to wander off when I really am out and they haven't noticed it.
Just look out for the short one at your forehead...

Zat

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlin Fri 24 Jul 2009, 10:36

That's an Okay call in League cricket where the Umps are allegedly upto standard and are paid for their services -
but I do walk in Sunday friendlies when the oppo players share the Umps duties and turn out in flip flops whilst
either ear-welded to their mobiles or else dragging heavily on a Marlboro !!

Merlin

Number of posts : 14718
Registration date : 2007-09-05
Flag/Background : afg

Back to top Go down

Post by Shoeshine Fri 24 Jul 2009, 10:46

Zat wrote:
Shoeshine wrote:Sod walking. The amount of times I've been given out by clueless umpires caught off my hip, or when the "pitched outside leg stump" rule is apparently one that they've never heard before, I'm buggered if I'm then going to wander off when I really am out and they haven't noticed it.
Just look out for the short one at your forehead...

I dream of bowlers being daft enough to bowl short at me......

Well, that is until you get someone who is genuinely quick. That eyebrow raising moment when you're shaping for that classy hook shot only to hear the ball thud into the keeper's gloves, and your batting partner wandering down and saying "I'm not sure that's a terribly good idea today". Not that this has ever happened to me, with a Pakistan A opening bowler who was seriously bloody quick - oh no. Shocked

Shoeshine

Back to top Go down

Post by Bradman Fri 24 Jul 2009, 11:20

hehehe! I can remember being drafted to umpire in a charity match in the boonies (which I did in thongs whilst dragging on a winny red) when Thommo, ten years retired and playing honourary coach, was offered a bowl. I was umping at square leg at the time and the guy batting belted his first ball for four and then stupidly mentioned something about over-rated hacks.

After the next ball the guy spent the next four balls standing next to me and sensibly decided to execute a suicidal run at the first chance he got.
Bradman
Bradman

Back to top Go down

Post by Shoeshine Fri 24 Jul 2009, 11:27

You can imagine the response us openers gave to our short leg fielder, who decided to start sledging him from short leg in the return game when he was batting. Mad

Shoeshine

Back to top Go down

Post by Bradman Fri 24 Jul 2009, 11:33

Discretion is definately the better part of valour.
Bradman
Bradman

Back to top Go down

Post by Shoeshine Fri 24 Jul 2009, 11:37

We told him if he didn't keep his trap shut, he could go out to take the first over himself.

It is mildly disconcerting to walk in during a rain delay to see your number 5 batsman lying down with his eyes closed because he's so terrified.

Shoeshine

Back to top Go down

Post by Bradman Fri 24 Jul 2009, 11:43

Or to see your skipper win the toss on a green top against an opposing team with a quickie fed on raw meat only to hear him say "there might be something in this for the batsmen".
Bradman
Bradman

Back to top Go down

Post by Shoeshine Fri 24 Jul 2009, 11:46

Although there is the occasional pleasure to be had from a friendly game, where your Saturday captain, used to the safety of number 7, decides to go out on a pleasant Sunday and open the batting for some cheap runs to boost his average, only to have the first ball whistle past his nose to the keeper stood 20 yards back. Not that I laughed for several minutes when that happened, of course not.

Shoeshine

Back to top Go down

Post by Bradman Fri 24 Jul 2009, 11:49

You played 'friendlies'?
Bradman
Bradman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next