Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

poor form by pom fans at Trent Bridge

+13
Big_Bad_Bob
Chivalry Augustus
S F Barnes
JKLever
Yorkie Jill
eowyn
skully
Basil
Bradman
G.Wood
Hass
Zat
horace
17 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

poor form by pom fans at Trent Bridge Empty poor form by pom fans at Trent Bridge

Post by horace Fri 18 Sep 2009, 01:26

the booing by english fans of their own team and worse of Johann at the end of match ceremony was very poor form...aside from booing of koala jnr, magoo and bung- i cannot recall Oz fans engaging in such dire behaviour
horace
horace

Number of posts : 42573
Registration date : 2007-09-06
Flag/Background : ire

Back to top Go down

poor form by pom fans at Trent Bridge Empty Re: poor form by pom fans at Trent Bridge

Post by horace Fri 18 Sep 2009, 02:11

aside from effigy burning by zim-indian acolytes, can anyone remember home team fans engaging in similarly boorish behaviour akin to that displayed by the english fans last night?
horace
horace

Back to top Go down

poor form by pom fans at Trent Bridge Empty Re: poor form by pom fans at Trent Bridge

Post by Zat Fri 18 Sep 2009, 02:28

USed to be a regular thing at the MCG. Hooligans galore throwing shit in the air and onto the field.

TGM even came down to Bay 13 froim heaven once to ask the crowd to behave.

Zat

Number of posts : 28872
Registration date : 2007-09-04
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Fri 18 Sep 2009, 02:52

but that was in misguided fun and celebration...not as a slight on the Oz team of the day...we tend to bung it on the the opposition not our own
horace
horace

Back to top Go down

Post by Hass Fri 18 Sep 2009, 05:35

horace wrote:the booing by english fans of their own team and worse of Johann at the end of match ceremony was very poor form...aside from booing of koala jnr, magoo and bung- i cannot recall Oz fans engaging in such dire behaviour

Well the Queenslanders did boo Adam Gilchrist when he made both his Test and ODI debuts.

But do they count as Australians?

Hass

poor form by pom fans at Trent Bridge MPDozzd

Number of posts : 2401
Registration date : 2007-09-10
Flag/Background : nsw

Back to top Go down

Post by G.Wood Fri 18 Sep 2009, 05:37

only up to 10
G.Wood
G.Wood

Number of posts : 12070
Flag/Background : none

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Fri 18 Sep 2009, 05:48

G.Wood wrote:only up to 10

and only when they possess all their digits...i was at the gabba that day when gilly was booed...there were still plenty cheering...even the stoopid bills had to cheer when gilly played a debut knock that heals could only have dreamt of
horace
horace

Back to top Go down

Post by Bradman Fri 18 Sep 2009, 06:23

And Healy was booed at the WACA. Wally Lewis was booed at the SCG when captaining his country, etc, etc.

Qlders can't count to ten because every time we shake hands with a Mexican we lose another digit.
Bradman
Bradman

Number of posts : 17402
Registration date : 2008-08-13
Flag/Background : war

Back to top Go down

Post by G.Wood Fri 18 Sep 2009, 06:28

You should have had more to drink at lunch
G.Wood
G.Wood

Back to top Go down

Post by Bradman Fri 18 Sep 2009, 07:02

I'm working on it now. A farking cow got hurt and dragged me away from "Philadelphia", and the booze.
Bradman
Bradman

Back to top Go down

Post by G.Wood Fri 18 Sep 2009, 07:06

That is no way to talk about GAE
G.Wood
G.Wood

Back to top Go down

Post by Basil Fri 18 Sep 2009, 07:13

horace wrote:the booing by english fans of their own team and worse of Johann at the end of match ceremony was very poor form...aside from booing of koala jnr, magoo and bung- i cannot recall Oz fans engaging in such dire behaviour

How's the view from that piece of moral high ground Horrie?

And, by the way, Bollocks!!! Our ODI side deserves all it gets, but not nearly so much as the selectors.
Basil
Basil

Number of posts : 15936
Registration date : 2007-09-03

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Fri 18 Sep 2009, 07:34

phurt...I know no such piece of turf Bas...I felt very sorry for Strauss at the end of match presentations where the booing continued.
horace
horace

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Fri 18 Sep 2009, 07:58

Bradman wrote:And Healy was booed at the WACA. Wally Lewis was booed at the SCG when captaining his country, etc, etc.

Qlders can't count to ten because every time we shake hands with a Mexican we lose another digit.
When are we gonna take a chainsaw to the borders of Qld and let it float off towards Vanuatu? They'll be farked without all the subsidy from the southern States.
skully
skully

Number of posts : 105983
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : baggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Bradman Fri 18 Sep 2009, 08:01

That is no way to talk about GAE

She's annoying my in-laws at the mo. Batching is good.

I think England fans should just realise they're shithouse at ODI and console themselves with the four yearly fark up by our selectors.
Bradman
Bradman

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Fri 18 Sep 2009, 08:02

Fark the internet is slow in banjoland.
skully
skully

Number of posts : 105983
Flag/Background : baggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Bradman Fri 18 Sep 2009, 08:03

skully wrote:
Bradman wrote:And Healy was booed at the WACA. Wally Lewis was booed at the SCG when captaining his country, etc, etc.

When are we gonna take a chainsaw to the borders of Qld and let it float off towards Vanuatu? They'll be farked without all the subsidy from the southern States.

Nice try but vanuatu would probably appreciate the coal, cattle and uranium. If our brain dead pollies ever decide to exploit the uranium reserves.
Bradman
Bradman

Back to top Go down

Post by Bradman Fri 18 Sep 2009, 08:05

skully wrote:Fark the internet is slow in banjoland.

No just the user. Smokes and dead cows provide regular interruptions.
Bradman
Bradman

Back to top Go down

Post by eowyn Fri 18 Sep 2009, 08:20

Sorry, horrie, the crowd should have just clapped politely and gone home to warm their frozen bodies with a warm beer and accept that the boys did their best but the Aussies are just far too good for us...
eowyn
eowyn

Number of posts : 11132
Flag/Background : yrk

Back to top Go down

Post by Yorkie Jill Fri 18 Sep 2009, 09:42

Are there no QLDers on this forum? I liked it a lot. Is this wrong or something?

As for the booing fans, why did they bother to go in the first place? Low attendance would be a far more effective way of getting the message across that you think a team is crap than booing.
Yorkie Jill
Yorkie Jill

poor form by pom fans at Trent Bridge 7EoDRAk

Number of posts : 2520
Registration date : 2007-09-03

Back to top Go down

Post by JKLever Fri 18 Sep 2009, 09:49

Bradman wrote:I think England fans should just realise they're shithouse at ODI

The Sky is blue, the grass is green etc.

Rofl to see Horrie start a troll and get shot down by his own side.
JKLever
JKLever

Number of posts : 27236
Registration date : 2007-08-06

Back to top Go down

Post by S F Barnes Fri 18 Sep 2009, 09:59

I guess this thread is a wind up, but I can't resist the carrot. Embarassed

Yorkie Jill wrote:... As for the booing fans, why did they bother to go in the first place? Low attendance would be a far more effective way of getting the message across that you think a team is crap than booing.

Probably because they bought their tickets in advance and were looking forward to their night out?

I think every England support is entitled to feel completely pi55ed off at the moment. Our team is letting us down in a big way, sure, Strauss didn't deserve to bear the brunt of it but the squad in general should be smelling the coffee right now.

If it was up to me I drop the entire top 7 bar Strauss and bring in some fresh faces for the last game. As it stands we don't have a side that will be competitive in the champions trophy, this side couldn't even beat the non test nations at the moment.
S F Barnes
S F Barnes

Number of posts : 276

Back to top Go down

Post by Bradman Fri 18 Sep 2009, 10:11

Yorkie Jill wrote:Are there no QLDers on this forum? I liked it a lot. Is this wrong or something?

As for the booing fans, why did they bother to go in the first place? Low attendance would be a far more effective way of getting the message across that you think a team is crap than booing.

Are there no QLDers on this forum?

Well one.
Bradman
Bradman

Back to top Go down

Post by Chivalry Augustus Fri 18 Sep 2009, 10:15

Poor form but in some ways understandable. You get the fifth and sixth matches in a major ODI series, you pay fifty quid a ticket, and the series is over by the time it comes to you. Then England proceed to play dog-shit, fielding like clowns, batting mostly like clowns, generally just playing shite OD cricket. You pay your money, you're entitled to express your opinion about the quality of the fare on offer. And seeing as it's 0-6 out of six, I'd suggest that if any ODI side ever deserved a booing, it's this one. Shouldn't have been directed at Strauss, but was nevertheless deserved by somebody (Ravi Bopara).
Chivalry Augustus
Chivalry Augustus

poor form by pom fans at Trent Bridge Svlx7uN

Number of posts : 4864

Back to top Go down

Post by Big_Bad_Bob Fri 18 Sep 2009, 10:16

£75 to watch that pile of crap?

I'd have doubled the volume of booing single handedly had I had the misfortune to be there.
Big_Bad_Bob
Big_Bad_Bob

poor form by pom fans at Trent Bridge ZY4L4DZ

Number of posts : 3718
Registration date : 2007-09-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next