Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Special licence for Pomers: public transport's not for him.

+7
Basil
ever hopeful
Eric Air Emu
taipan
embee
Nath
Red
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Special licence for Pomers: public transport's not for him. Empty Special licence for Pomers: public transport's not for him.

Post by Red Tue 06 Oct 2009, 08:08

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/national/872143/pomersbach-gets-special-licence-after-drunk-rampage

Sounds like a nuff nuff.
Red
Red

Number of posts : 17071
Registration date : 2007-10-28
Flag/Background : baggy

Back to top Go down

Special licence for Pomers: public transport's not for him. Empty Re: Special licence for Pomers: public transport's not for him.

Post by Nath Tue 06 Oct 2009, 09:56

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
Nath
Nath

Number of posts : 11981
Registration date : 2007-09-04

Back to top Go down

Special licence for Pomers: public transport's not for him. Empty Re: Special licence for Pomers: public transport's not for him.

Post by embee Tue 06 Oct 2009, 14:48

The buses dont go within a kilometre of his ground ...and the Armadale train line is full of low lifes ...the story is a load of shit really
embee
embee

Number of posts : 26217
Registration date : 2007-09-03
Flag/Background : aus

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Tue 06 Oct 2009, 14:57

embee wrote:The buses dont go within a kilometre of his ground ...and the Armadale train line is full of low lifes ...the story is a load of shit really

God forbid that a professional sportsman might have to walk a km.
taipan
taipan

Number of posts : 48416
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : saf

Back to top Go down

Post by embee Tue 06 Oct 2009, 15:01

He's got to take his cricket gear as well , taips

...and if he misses a training session or is late the WACA's penalty clauses will kick in
embee
embee

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Tue 06 Oct 2009, 15:02

embee wrote:He's got to take his cricket gear as well , taips

...and if he misses a training session or is late the WACA's penalty clauses will kick in

And not one of his team mated will give him a lift.

Sorry MB sounds a steaming heap to me.
taipan
taipan

Back to top Go down

Post by embee Tue 06 Oct 2009, 15:11

It's not really ...Extraordinary Licenses are granted all the time ...he told a white lie about public transport ...the media has latched onto his comment ...which was made in the first hearing and ridiculed by the magistrate who then excused himself from the case ...

He'll struggle to comply with the conditions of the EL anyway as he cant drive after 8pm and Gosnells is a 45 minute drive from Scarborough ...games dont finish until 6.20 and as a senior player at gosnells he wont be able to leave immediately
embee
embee

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Tue 06 Oct 2009, 15:13

But if it was thee or I?
taipan
taipan

Back to top Go down

Post by embee Tue 06 Oct 2009, 15:19

If I lost my license I could apply for an EL and providing I could make a compelling case of why I needed to drive at certain times I could get an EL ...and then I'd need to strictly comply with the terms of the EL

A separated father has been given an EL for custody visits

Couriers have been given EL's during work hours

A boat builder was granted an EL for travel to and from work because he needed tp carry his tools
embee
embee

Back to top Go down

Post by Eric Air Emu Tue 06 Oct 2009, 22:53

[This is Rachel]

He says he doesn't know how to use public transport, but he obviously doesn't know how to drive either, as he has proven pretty well!
Eric Air Emu
Eric Air Emu

Number of posts : 1954
Registration date : 2007-09-10
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

Post by ever hopeful Tue 06 Oct 2009, 22:58

If it was a bus driver lost his licence, would he be given an EL so he could still work?
ever hopeful
ever hopeful

Number of posts : 922
Registration date : 2009-07-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Basil Tue 06 Oct 2009, 23:20

Eric Air Emu wrote:[This is Rachel]

He says he doesn't know how to use public transport

jawdrop The bloke isn't fit to be let out on his own.
Basil
Basil

Number of posts : 15936

Back to top Go down

Post by embee Wed 07 Oct 2009, 00:42

ever hopeful wrote:If it was a bus driver lost his licence, would he be given an EL so he could still work?

Depends on why and how he lost it
embee
embee

Back to top Go down

Post by embee Wed 07 Oct 2009, 00:44

He says he doesn't know how to use public transport, but he obviously doesn't know how to drive either, as he has proven pretty well!

he doesn't know how to drink alcohol is more the problem
embee
embee

Back to top Go down

Post by G.Wood Wed 07 Oct 2009, 00:46

Can't you provide lessons?
G.Wood
G.Wood

Number of posts : 12070
Registration date : 2007-09-06
Flag/Background : none

Back to top Go down

Post by embee Wed 07 Oct 2009, 00:55

I'm pretty sure "no alcohol" is one of his conditions to get his WACA contract reinstated ....otherwise I would volunteer
embee
embee

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Wed 07 Oct 2009, 01:11

as his drinker???
horace
horace

Number of posts : 42573
Flag/Background : ire

Back to top Go down

Post by embee Wed 07 Oct 2009, 01:19

as his drinking coach ...keep up , H
embee
embee

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Wed 07 Oct 2009, 02:10

puff...puff...wheeling this damn chair uphill when the batteries are flat is tough
horace
horace

Number of posts : 42573
Flag/Background : ire

Back to top Go down

Post by Bradman Wed 07 Oct 2009, 03:54

All in all it's pretty lame. I mean didn't the guy realise he was going to be held up to public ridicule when he states he can't do something most ten year olds can.
Bradman
Bradman

Number of posts : 17402
Registration date : 2008-08-13
Flag/Background : war

Back to top Go down

Post by bodyline Wed 07 Oct 2009, 07:31

He would have been more believeable if he said - well the public transport system is stuffed - so I'll never get anywhere on time.

bodyline

Special licence for Pomers: public transport's not for him. MPDozzd

Number of posts : 2335
Registration date : 2007-09-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Wed 07 Oct 2009, 08:36

Why should we have these special licences? Surely people so reliant on cars should be thinking about the consquences of their actions.
Red
Red

Number of posts : 17071
Registration date : 2007-10-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Eric Air Emu Wed 07 Oct 2009, 21:48

[This is Rachel]

I think I read somewhere that he needs to drive to get to his alcohol counselling sessions.

You really could not make this up.
Eric Air Emu
Eric Air Emu

Number of posts : 1954
Registration date : 2007-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Wed 07 Oct 2009, 21:54

I think I read somewhere that he needs to drive to get to his alcohol counselling sessions.

You really could not make this up.

Nah Rachie, it's classic.

So much for crime and punishment.
taipan
taipan

Back to top Go down

Post by ever hopeful Wed 07 Oct 2009, 22:00

It's interesting that drink-driving is a relatively new crime. It used to be a bit of a joke. There's a whole episode of The Likely Lads based around it. Go back even further, to the 1930s say, and you'd have people driving home from parties absolutely hammered as a matter of course. Often wrote their cars off and killed people too, but it still wasn't seen as really wrong. Makes you wonder what things we're doing now that people will be appalled at in years to come.
ever hopeful
ever hopeful

Number of posts : 922
Registration date : 2009-07-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next