Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Australia v West Indies, 3rd Test, Perth, December 16-20

+43
Merlin
doremi
Allan D
JKLever
WideWally
Fred Nerk
The One
buckSH
prasad14
Clutch
footwork
Basil
Mick Sawyer
PlanetPakistan
furriner
Bradman
kkf
Paul Keating
Sidhu
Red
horace
JGK
Zat
DJ_Smerk
simkat
Gary 111
spangler
WIFAN
PeterCS
Brass Monkey
taipan
Invader Zim
mirchy
skully
tac
embee
Nath
LeFromage
G.Wood
Henry
Shoeshine
Batman
lardbucket
47 posters

Page 27 of 29 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28, 29  Next

Go down

Australia v West Indies, 3rd Test, Perth, December 16-20 - Page 27 Empty Re: Australia v West Indies, 3rd Test, Perth, December 16-20

Post by Invader Zim Sun 20 Dec 2009, 10:13

I'd like it to be Katich just to piss Clarke and horrie off.
Invader Zim
Invader Zim

Number of posts : 6396
Registration date : 2007-09-04
Flag/Background : none

Back to top Go down

Australia v West Indies, 3rd Test, Perth, December 16-20 - Page 27 Empty Re: Australia v West Indies, 3rd Test, Perth, December 16-20

Post by footwork Sun 20 Dec 2009, 10:37

Well Ms. Simmers, you can't just say you spoke with Katich, then leave me dangling. I'm most impressed that you actually talked with him, but it's details I'm after! Australia v West Indies, 3rd Test, Perth, December 16-20 - Page 27 Icon_lol

Did you broach the subject of Captaincy? Or which other Dubbers might now join the team? Or the Men of Cricket Calendar? Australia v West Indies, 3rd Test, Perth, December 16-20 - Page 27 Icon_cool Australia v West Indies, 3rd Test, Perth, December 16-20 - Page 27 Icon_cool
I bet you said 'Merry Christmas', hehe. Australia v West Indies, 3rd Test, Perth, December 16-20 - Page 27 Icon_santa

Sarwan's autograph and his lovely gesture to jnr; a convo with TGK, after an intriguing Test...Does life get any better? Australia v West Indies, 3rd Test, Perth, December 16-20 - Page 27 Herz
footwork
footwork

Number of posts : 666
Registration date : 2008-12-29
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Nerk Sun 20 Dec 2009, 12:00

Invader Zim wrote:I'd like it to be Katich just to piss Clarke and horrie off.

Clarke would piss Red off which is nearly as good a result.

Fred Nerk

Number of posts : 8821
Registration date : 2007-10-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 20 Dec 2009, 14:58

Sorry about my shameless trolling of this thread last night, el vino did flow! Laughing

Congrats Aussies, definately the better team throughout the series.

Back to top Go down

Post by WIFAN Sun 20 Dec 2009, 16:37

Yep fair play to the Aussies, they deserved a win after piling the pressure on us in the 1st innings. Still, there is no way in hell Kemar Roach hit that and the review system needs some tinkering when it comes to caught behind decisions.

It's the best 2-0 series I've seen for quite some time and I think both teams learned some valuable lessons:

Australia:

- Hauritz is still tres ordinary and never even looked like making an impact in the 4th innings.
- Bollinger is a gun and deserves to be in the first choice attack.
- Johnson is the luckiest bowler on the planet. He bowled absolute dross 80% of the time and yet was the series leading wicket taker.
- Watson is developing into a decent opening batsman and fill in bowler, it's just such a shame that he's the Worlds biggest dibdobdibdob and should grow up.

Windies:

- You can't expect to compete at the gabba with a rain curtailed List A tournament and one warm up match against Queensland teeny boppers.
- Gayle is maturing as a batsman and thoroughly deserved his 6th century of 2009. It was about time he averaged over 40 in Test cricket. He also captained the side decently so the leadership question is over for now.
- Dwayne Bravo will definitely be the next captain though, he had a huge impact in terms of field placings and lead the attack extremely well. He is still underachieving with the bat but still, it's good to have him back.
- Kemar Roach is an incredible talent and an attack of Taylor, Edwards and Roach will challenge anyone. We might even win a test or two.
- Adrian Barath's début century was awesome. He also looked solid in the 2nd test before the unfortunate and hotly disputed run out.
- Sarwan was very disappointing in his 2 tests. He's had a great 2009 otherwise but his failures in Australia are very annoying. One proper contribution from him and we are talking about a 1-1 series draw not a 2-0 defeat.
- Benn was surprisingly effective in the 1st innings of tests but disappointed in the 2nd innings at Adelaide. He deserves a continued run after this series. Like Watto, it is unfortunate that he is such a dibdobdibdob.

Anyway it was an enjoyable series and I managed to get through it without sooking about on field umpiring too much. Well done to Ian Gould who looks like a top umpire and a nice guy. Chris Broad is an idiot though and needs to be removed from international cricket.
WIFAN
WIFAN

Australia v West Indies, 3rd Test, Perth, December 16-20 - Page 27 7EoDRAk

Number of posts : 2857
Registration date : 2007-09-06
Flag/Background : wi

Back to top Go down

Post by JKLever Sun 20 Dec 2009, 17:20

vilkrang wrote:Sorry about my shameless trolling of this thread last night, el vino did flow! Laughing

Congrats Aussies, definately the better team throughout the series.

Softcock!

Never apologise for posting Ashes piccies! Wink
JKLever
JKLever

Number of posts : 27236
Registration date : 2007-08-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Shoeshine Sun 20 Dec 2009, 17:26

simkat wrote:After the presentations we hung around to see if my son could score Sarwan's signature. And boy, did he! When Sarwan came off the ground, he was signing for a few ppl in front on the Windies shed and my son said "Excuse me, Sarwan, could I please have your signature on my bat" (my kid's got lovely manners) and I said to Sarwan after he signed it "thanks so much. You've been his favourite player for a long time now." Sarwan smiled and looked really pleased and said thanks to my son. Then I said "when he was four years old he would go to sleep with pictures of you under his pillow." Then Sarwan really smiled and said "oh really? Hang on there, I'll go and get something for him." Then he went into the rooms and came out with one of the Aussie broad brims for him. It was so sweet - what an awesome guy.

That's a nice story. Good of Sarwan to make a youngster's day for him.

Shoeshine

Australia v West Indies, 3rd Test, Perth, December 16-20 - Page 27 Svlx7uN

Number of posts : 4512

Back to top Go down

Post by G.Wood Sun 20 Dec 2009, 21:33

furriner wrote:
JGK wrote:Hotspot showed nothing in the first innings for Hussey's dismissal and Hussey walked.

But the benefit of the doubt should go to the batsman in this case. In reviewing the current decision, Hussey's actions,as admirable as they were then, or what hotspot showed then, are unconnected to this, IMO.

My point is like Vilkrang's - I'm trying to understand the review system.

Isn't it simply that when a decision goes to review the benefit of the doubt goes to the initial umpires decision?

Seems fair enough, batsmen get enough favours as it is

Last edited by G.Wood on Sun 20 Dec 2009, 23:45; edited 1 time in total
G.Wood
G.Wood

Number of posts : 12070

Back to top Go down

Post by tac Sun 20 Dec 2009, 21:37

Yep . . the windies seem keen to have a farkin big whinge after each test . .. if they lost a bit of that victim mentality they've got the makings of a bloody good team
tac
tac

Number of posts : 19270
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : pon

Back to top Go down

Post by G.Wood Sun 20 Dec 2009, 22:32

vilkrang wrote:
PlanetPakistan wrote:gayle gets MOS award...shoudl have been Watto
Hope thats a joke. The guy is a f*cking disgrace.

Aye, that was embarrassing.

Send offs are the most gutless acts in cricket and that was a particularly weak and childish one.
G.Wood
G.Wood

Back to top Go down

Post by tac Sun 20 Dec 2009, 22:54

G.Wood wrote:
vilkrang wrote:

Send offs are the most gutless acts in cricket and that was a particularly weak and childish one.

To me it seems just another element in the batsman's favour . . . you hit a bowler around a bit and can have plenty to say, but if once you're out the bowler can't even tell you fark off back to the pavilion . . . who'd want to be a bowler . ..
tac
tac

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 20 Dec 2009, 22:58

tac wrote:
G.Wood wrote:
vilkrang wrote:

To me it seems just another element in the batsman's favour . . . you hit a bowler around a bit and can have plenty to say, but if once you're out the bowler can't even tell you fark off back to the pavilion . . . who'd want to be a bowler . ..
The bowler can cause serious injury to the batsmen though, and often try to. Just ask your captain.

Back to top Go down

Post by tac Sun 20 Dec 2009, 23:00

you still all chippy, vilks, back on the drugs and booze, eh?
tac
tac

Back to top Go down

Post by G.Wood Sun 20 Dec 2009, 23:06

tac wrote:
G.Wood wrote:
vilkrang wrote:

huh, the bowler can still reply - either verbally or with the ball whilst the batsman is still batting. But once the batsman is out he has no avenue for a reply. It's not like Gayle had been mouthing off all innings
It's just weak act
G.Wood
G.Wood

Back to top Go down

Post by tac Sun 20 Dec 2009, 23:07

bullshit . . . you're obvioulsy not a bowler woody

and the windies were mouthing off all series, FFS . . . Gayle in the press at every farkin opportunity

not that I'm defending Watto . . . who is a bit of a knob, my cooments are about the bowler v batsman situation in general
tac
tac

Back to top Go down

Post by G.Wood Sun 20 Dec 2009, 23:18

fark off you smarmy twat - I held B2 bowling average record for many years Australia v West Indies, 3rd Test, Perth, December 16-20 - Page 27 Icon_smile .

I just reckon send offs show you don't have the guts to say anything whilst the batsman has a chance at a comeback. At least sledging has a point. Send offs are just pointless and make you look gay . (Granted there isn't much watto could do that wouldn't make him look gay)
G.Wood
G.Wood

Back to top Go down

Post by tac Sun 20 Dec 2009, 23:22

I can see how Watto's was pathetic .. he just doesn't have the look for it, but you thought that about Lillee's send offs to Viv et al? shrug
tac
tac

Back to top Go down

Post by G.Wood Sun 20 Dec 2009, 23:27

I grant you I did like Merv's "tickets please" to Miandad but this the exception and not as demonstrable as jumping about and next to the batsman, laughing at him or the old pointing to the dressing crap
G.Wood
G.Wood

Back to top Go down

Post by tac Sun 20 Dec 2009, 23:29

so it's about originality and charisma . . .
tac
tac

Back to top Go down

Post by G.Wood Sun 20 Dec 2009, 23:32

I think more like if it is about originality and charisma and directed at a subi then it is OK
G.Wood
G.Wood

Back to top Go down

Post by tac Sun 20 Dec 2009, 23:33

fair enuff . . .
tac
tac

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 20 Dec 2009, 23:34

tac wrote:you still all chippy, vilks, back on the drugs and booze, eh?
Nah, my dealer moved to South America. Still chat to him over t'internet but he deleted all his numbers and everyone else I've tried tends to sell crap.

Probably for the best I guess....

Back to top Go down

Post by tac Sun 20 Dec 2009, 23:35

no worries then . . .

*Titanic . . . snigger*
tac
tac

Back to top Go down

Post by G.Wood Sun 20 Dec 2009, 23:37

vilkrang wrote:Probably for the best I guess....

Not for us

You are for more entertaining when under the influence
G.Wood
G.Wood

Back to top Go down

Post by Batman Sun 20 Dec 2009, 23:53

Watto the new Sreesanth of cricket?

Remember Sreesanth and even Venkatesh Prasad once getting penalized for 'excessive' celebration of a wicket. Did the idiot get penalized for his antics over Gayle's wicket? I hope so?
Batman
Batman

Number of posts : 8881
Registration date : 2007-09-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 27 of 29 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28, 29  Next