Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Australia v West Indies, 3rd Test, Perth, December 16-20

+43
Merlin
doremi
Allan D
JKLever
WideWally
Fred Nerk
The One
buckSH
prasad14
Clutch
footwork
Basil
Mick Sawyer
PlanetPakistan
furriner
Bradman
kkf
Paul Keating
Sidhu
Red
horace
JGK
Zat
DJ_Smerk
simkat
Gary 111
spangler
WIFAN
PeterCS
Brass Monkey
taipan
Invader Zim
mirchy
skully
tac
embee
Nath
LeFromage
G.Wood
Henry
Shoeshine
Batman
lardbucket
47 posters

Page 28 of 29 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29  Next

Go down

Australia v West Indies, 3rd Test, Perth, December 16-20 - Page 28 Empty Re: Australia v West Indies, 3rd Test, Perth, December 16-20

Post by simkat Mon 21 Dec 2009, 00:24

footwork wrote:Well Ms. Simmers, you can't just say you spoke with Katich, then leave me dangling. I'm most impressed that you actually talked with him, but it's details I'm after! Australia v West Indies, 3rd Test, Perth, December 16-20 - Page 28 Icon_lol

Did you broach the subject of Captaincy? Or which other Dubbers might now join the team? Or the Men of Cricket Calendar? Australia v West Indies, 3rd Test, Perth, December 16-20 - Page 28 Icon_cool Australia v West Indies, 3rd Test, Perth, December 16-20 - Page 28 Icon_cool
I bet you said 'Merry Christmas', hehe. Australia v West Indies, 3rd Test, Perth, December 16-20 - Page 28 Icon_santa

No, no, no and no to all of the above. Laughing

I don't know what came over me, and I'll conveniently mark it down to heat-stroke (or the fact that at that moment in time he didn't look in the least bit scary!), but after he signed Jnr's bat I thanked him for the signature then just casually asked after his mum. It was so surreal. You could see it flash in his eyes "who are you and how do you know my mum?" then to his credit he switched straight into friendly mode with me. Considering how the staff from both teams tried to hustle things along and get the players back into the rooms, we were really lucky yesterday - and the fact that our faves were two genuinely lovely ppl. Could have made it a hat-trick if Dougie wasn't called back to the rooms right at the moment I was standing near him.

Sarwan's autograph and his lovely gesture to jnr; a convo with TGK, after an intriguing Test...Does life get any better? Australia v West Indies, 3rd Test, Perth, December 16-20 - Page 28 Herz

Nope! cheers

I'll remember this test match for a long time to come.
simkat
simkat

Number of posts : 885
Registration date : 2008-12-26
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

Australia v West Indies, 3rd Test, Perth, December 16-20 - Page 28 Empty Re: Australia v West Indies, 3rd Test, Perth, December 16-20

Post by simkat Mon 21 Dec 2009, 00:34

Shoeshine wrote:
simkat wrote:After the presentations we hung around to see if my son could score Sarwan's signature. And boy, did he! When Sarwan came off the ground, he was signing for a few ppl in front on the Windies shed and my son said "Excuse me, Sarwan, could I please have your signature on my bat" (my kid's got lovely manners) and I said to Sarwan after he signed it "thanks so much. You've been his favourite player for a long time now." Sarwan smiled and looked really pleased and said thanks to my son. Then I said "when he was four years old he would go to sleep with pictures of you under his pillow." Then Sarwan really smiled and said "oh really? Hang on there, I'll go and get something for him." Then he went into the rooms and came out with one of the Aussie broad brims for him. It was so sweet - what an awesome guy.

That's a nice story. Good of Sarwan to make a youngster's day for him.

Absolutely. What a memory to treasure.

My son doesn't remember it but when he was in preschool they had a 'Come Dressed As Your Hero' day. My son insisted that he went as Sarwan (this was in the days of the red bandana). Among all the Spiderman's and Batman's, he was the only Sarwan. Laughing He was genuinely perplexed at the end of the day as to why he was the only Sarwan there, and that nobody else knew who Sarwan was. Poor little lovey. Laughing
simkat
simkat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 21 Dec 2009, 00:58

simkat wrote:
Shoeshine wrote:
simkat wrote:After the presentations we hung around to see if my son could score Sarwan's signature. And boy, did he! When Sarwan came off the ground, he was signing for a few ppl in front on the Windies shed and my son said "Excuse me, Sarwan, could I please have your signature on my bat" (my kid's got lovely manners) and I said to Sarwan after he signed it "thanks so much. You've been his favourite player for a long time now." Sarwan smiled and looked really pleased and said thanks to my son. Then I said "when he was four years old he would go to sleep with pictures of you under his pillow." Then Sarwan really smiled and said "oh really? Hang on there, I'll go and get something for him." Then he went into the rooms and came out with one of the Aussie broad brims for him. It was so sweet - what an awesome guy.

That's a nice story. Good of Sarwan to make a youngster's day for him.

Absolutely. What a memory to treasure.

My son doesn't remember it but when he was in preschool they had a 'Come Dressed As Your Hero' day. My son insisted that he went as Sarwan (this was in the days of the red bandana). Among all the Spiderman's and Batman's, he was the only Sarwan. Laughing He was genuinely perplexed at the end of the day as to why he was the only Sarwan there, and that nobody else knew who Sarwan was. Poor little lovey. Laughing
That's genuinely awesome, well done Sarwan and congrats to your son, sounds like he had a day to remember.

Back to top Go down

Post by embee Mon 21 Dec 2009, 04:30

Simkat

I don't think you should read the spoiler

Spoiler:

apologies (because I know you're a chick and can't follow instructions)
embee
embee

Number of posts : 26217
Registration date : 2007-09-03
Flag/Background : aus

Back to top Go down

Post by Zat Mon 21 Dec 2009, 05:10

Red wrote:
Mick Sawyer wrote:
Red wrote:
Mick Sawyer wrote:
The cheat

Go and join skully in the clueless corner.

He's twice claimed catches which he didn't cleanly catch:twice in two test matches.

Clear to who Red? You sitting on your fat arse in front of TV after 7 replays?

Clear to most observers and critics. The point is he should have had them checked first rather than claiming them. The one in Adelaide clearly bounced. The one in Perth didn't appear to be a clear catch but wasn't as blatantly egregious as the previous one. He's forming a reputation for one who shouldn't be trusted.

Punter appears set to play in Melbourne.
Red in talking absolute gobshite shocker.

Zat

Number of posts : 28872
Registration date : 2007-09-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Zat Mon 21 Dec 2009, 05:14

Bradman wrote:What weren't you cheering for the Windies. Would've been good for cricket and put pressure on the NSP, not that they did too much wrong for once.
Pressure on the NSP that has been contracted until after the 2011 WC? Doubt it.

Zat

Back to top Go down

Post by Bradman Mon 21 Dec 2009, 05:17

Zat wrote:
Bradman wrote:What weren't you cheering for the Windies. Would've been good for cricket and put pressure on the NSP, not that they did too much wrong for once.
Pressure on the NSP that has been contracted until after the 2011 WC? Doubt it.

That's why lawyers earn a lot of money. Contracts aren't worth the paper they're written on.
Bradman
Bradman

Number of posts : 17402
Registration date : 2008-08-13
Flag/Background : war

Back to top Go down

Post by Zat Mon 21 Dec 2009, 05:18

embee wrote:Simkat

Spoiler:

Forum... F*cking... Platinum!

Zat

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Nerk Mon 21 Dec 2009, 05:28

Batman wrote:Watto the new Sreesanth of cricket?

Remember Sreesanth and even Venkatesh Prasad once getting penalized for 'excessive' celebration of a wicket. Did the idiot get penalized for his antics over Gayle's wicket? I hope so?

Yes - Watson was strapped into a chair and his eyelids were propped open with butterfly clips like that guy in 'Clockwork Orange', with a computer screen in front of him which random-displayed your posts on FB.

Fred Nerk

Number of posts : 8821
Registration date : 2007-10-15

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Mon 21 Dec 2009, 06:06

Fred Nerk wrote:

Remember Sreesanth and even Venkatesh Prasad once getting penalized for 'excessive' celebration of a wicket. Did the idiot get penalized for his antics over Gayle's wicket? I hope so?

Yes - Watson was strapped into a chair and his eyelids were propped open with butterfly clips like that guy in 'Clockwork Orange', with a computer screen in front of him which random-displayed your posts on FB

Cruel and unnatural punishment. Banned by the World Court of Justice.
taipan
taipan

Number of posts : 48416
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : saf

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Mon 21 Dec 2009, 06:18

A representative from the Alzheimers Australia called in to the talkback section on the cricket this morning to complain about Spanky calling Watson demented. She thought he should be lambasted for political incorrectness. Smile
Red
Red

Number of posts : 17071
Registration date : 2007-10-28
Flag/Background : baggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Bradman Mon 21 Dec 2009, 06:29

Well Watto is a bit strange and definately a 22 carat fwit. And a spiv.
Bradman
Bradman

Number of posts : 17402
Registration date : 2008-08-13
Flag/Background : war

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Mon 21 Dec 2009, 06:32

Red wrote:A representative from the Alzheimers Australia called in to the talkback section on the cricket this morning to complain about Spanky calling Watson demented. She thought he should be lambasted for political incorrectness. Smile

Why? Spanky enjoys being lambasted.
taipan
taipan

Back to top Go down

Post by JGK Mon 21 Dec 2009, 06:44

Red wrote:A representative from the Alzheimers Australia called in to the talkback section on the cricket this morning to complain about Spanky calling Watson demented. She thought he should be lambasted for political incorrectness. Smile

PResumably she is also asking for the last 4 Harry Potter books to be banned as well.

JGK

Number of posts : 41790
Flag/Background : jnt

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Mon 21 Dec 2009, 06:46

hmmn...where I live I am surrounded by folk suffering from dementia...none of them look like much less sound like that popinjay WATSON
horace
horace

Number of posts : 42573
Registration date : 2007-09-06
Flag/Background : ire

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Mon 21 Dec 2009, 06:48

JGK wrote:

PResumably she is also asking for the last 4 Harry Potter books to be banned as well.

'Tis okay, she will have forgotten about it by tomorrow.
taipan
taipan

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Mon 21 Dec 2009, 06:49

saffies have new bowler de wet and a fan in taips the half de wit
horace
horace

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Mon 21 Dec 2009, 06:54

Of Horrie does not know that wet=law in Afrikaans
taipan
taipan

Back to top Go down

Post by tac Mon 21 Dec 2009, 06:58

Red wrote:A representative from the Alzheimers Australia called in to the talkback section on the cricket this morning but couldn't remember what she was calling about. Smile

Fair enuff . . .
tac
tac

Number of posts : 19270
Flag/Background : pon

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Mon 21 Dec 2009, 07:01

***tac in encouraging yet more fatuous taipan jokes about dementia shocker**
horace
horace

Back to top Go down

Post by simkat Mon 21 Dec 2009, 08:49

embee wrote:Simkat

Spoiler:

Just when you thought it was safe to open a window in the Bails advent calendar lol!

oh, wait ... What a Face
simkat
simkat

Back to top Go down

Post by simkat Mon 21 Dec 2009, 08:51

vilkrang wrote:

That's genuinely awesome, well done Sarwan and congrats to your son, sounds like he had a day to remember.

Thanks, vilks. The hat's a real beauty - it's going straight to the pool room cheers
simkat
simkat

Back to top Go down

Post by buckSH Mon 21 Dec 2009, 12:17

Never.

Sreesanth always used to get fined @ 90% of match-fees for festive sendoff's.

buckSH

Number of posts : 3027
Registration date : 2009-04-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Batman Mon 21 Dec 2009, 13:15

Fred Nerk wrote:

Yes - Watson was strapped into a chair and his eyelids were propped open with butterfly clips like that guy in 'Clockwork Orange', with a computer screen in front of him which random-displayed your posts on FB.

No need to go the whole hog. Just subjecting him to one of your posts would be ample punishment.....
Laughing
Batman
Batman

Number of posts : 8881
Registration date : 2007-09-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Nerk Mon 21 Dec 2009, 13:57

Too feeble, far too late. Must try harder. 1/10.

Last edited by Fred Nerk on Mon 21 Dec 2009, 22:47; edited 1 time in total

Fred Nerk

Number of posts : 8821
Registration date : 2007-10-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 28 of 29 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29  Next