Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Australia's 2008 tour of the West Indies: Proposed dates

+4
skully
JGK
Nath
WIFAN
8 posters

Go down

Australia's 2008 tour of the West Indies: Proposed dates Empty Australia's 2008 tour of the West Indies: Proposed dates

Post by WIFAN Sat 03 Nov 2007, 07:22

Test Series

1st Test Wednesday 21st – Sunday 25th May West Indies v Australia, Queens Park Oval, Port of Spain, Trinidad

2nd Test Thursday 29th May – Monday 2nd June West Indies v Australia, Sabina Park, Kingston, Jamaica

3rd Test Saturday 7th - Wednesday 11th June West Indies v Australia, Kensington Oval, Bridgetown, Barbados

4th Test Sunday 15th - Thursday 19th June West Indies v Australia, Sir Vivian Richards Stadium, St Johns, Antigua

ODI Series

1st ODI Saturday 21st June West Indies v Australia, Basseterre, St Kitts

2nd ODI Monday 23rd June West Indies v Australia, Basseterre, St Kitts

3rd ODI Thursday 26th June West Indies v Australia, Gros Islet, St Lucia

4th ODI Sunday 29th June West Indies v Australia, St George's, Grenada

5th ODI Tuesday 1st July West Indies v Australia, St George's, Grenada

Not sure about warm up matches etc.

It will be interesting to see the treatment the WICB give the Aussie
squad after our last tour when the ACB couldn't even provide net
bowlers on various occassions.

I'm glad to see two tests taking place on lively wickets in Barbados
and Jamaica. The last tour in 2003 was pretty dull on occasions due to
the slow low pitches.
WIFAN
WIFAN

Australia's 2008 tour of the West Indies: Proposed dates 7EoDRAk

Number of posts : 2857
Registration date : 2007-09-06
Flag/Background : wi

Back to top Go down

Australia's 2008 tour of the West Indies: Proposed dates Empty Re: Australia's 2008 tour of the West Indies: Proposed dates

Post by Nath Sat 03 Nov 2007, 07:39

So there's no room for tour matches between Tests?!
Nath
Nath

Number of posts : 11967
Registration date : 2007-09-04
Flag/Background : baggy

Back to top Go down

Australia's 2008 tour of the West Indies: Proposed dates Empty Re: Australia's 2008 tour of the West Indies: Proposed dates

Post by JGK Sat 03 Nov 2007, 08:17

20 days of Test cricket in 4 weeks!

Are we mad?

JGK

Number of posts : 41790
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : jnt

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Sat 03 Nov 2007, 08:30

JGK wrote:20 days of Test cricket in 4 weeks!

Are we mad?
And more than half the current Test side has signed up for the Indian Premier League 20-20 tournament next April. I'll spew if I hear any bitching from the boys about too much cricket.
skully
skully

Number of posts : 105931

Back to top Go down

Post by WIFAN Sat 03 Nov 2007, 12:17

I think WICB are returning the favour for our tour in 2005 that was terribly organised by the ACB.

I still think is a stupid schedule and tour matches must be demanded by the Aussies.
WIFAN
WIFAN

Back to top Go down

Post by tac Sat 03 Nov 2007, 12:58

WIFAN wrote:I think WICB are returning the favour for our tour in 2005 that was terribly organised by the ACB.

What? The Windies had a tour match, test, tour match and then back-to-back tests. Nought wrong with that.
tac
tac

Number of posts : 19270
Flag/Background : pon

Back to top Go down

Post by WIFAN Sat 03 Nov 2007, 13:14

tac wrote:
WIFAN wrote:I think WICB are returning the favour for our tour in 2005 that was terribly organised by the ACB.

What? The Windies had a tour match, test, tour match and then back-to-back tests. Nought wrong with that.

But they didnt feel the need to provide net bowlers, facilities or adequate transport.

The WICB havent forgotten. Our Aussie coach Bennett King was shocked at the treatment the guys received.
WIFAN
WIFAN

Back to top Go down

Post by doremi Sat 03 Nov 2007, 13:17

CA - COARIAB
doremi
doremi

Number of posts : 9743
Registration date : 2007-09-03
Flag/Background : ind

Back to top Go down

Post by tac Sat 03 Nov 2007, 13:23

WIFAN wrote:
tac wrote:

But they didnt feel the need to provide net bowlers, facilities or adequate transport.

The WICB havent forgotten. Our Aussie coach Bennett King was shocked at the treatment the guys received.

You're talking about a couple of instances. The net bowlers, IIRC, was a mix up about who was supposed to turn up on what day . . . shit happens. Much of the rest was poor communication between the WICB and the Aussies from what I heard in Oz at the time. Big deal.
tac
tac

Back to top Go down

Post by doremi Sat 03 Nov 2007, 13:33

tac wrote:
WIFAN wrote:
tac wrote:

You're talking about a couple of instances. The net bowlers, IIRC, was a mix up about who was supposed to turn up on what day . . . shit happens. Much of the rest was poor communication between the WICB and the Aussies from what I heard in Oz at the time. Big deal.CA can't do any wrong even when it's clear that they have, and I'll keep on blindly supporting them.

Fixed.
doremi
doremi

Back to top Go down

Post by tac Sat 03 Nov 2007, 13:44

doremi wrote:
tac wrote:
WIFAN wrote:
tac wrote:

You're talking about a couple of instances. The net bowlers, IIRC, was a mix up about who was supposed to turn up on what day . . . shit happens. Much of the rest was poor communication between the WICB and the Aussies from what I heard in Oz at the time. Big deal.CA can't do any wrong even when it's clear that they have, and I'll keep on blindly supporting them.

Fixed.

Just as you'll blindly jump on any anti-Aussie bandwagon that happens to be rolling by.

Shouldn't you be putting the finishing touches on your effigies for the upcoming series, do-boy?
tac
tac

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry Sat 03 Nov 2007, 13:51

And more than half the current Test side has signed up for the Indian Premier League 20-20 tournament next April. I'll spew if I hear any bitching from the boys about too much cricket.

Yep, any player who signs up for the IPL has signed away their right to complain about too much cricket.
Henry
Henry

Number of posts : 32891
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

Post by tac Sat 03 Nov 2007, 13:54

Henry wrote:

Yep, any player who signs up for the IPL has signed away their right to complain about too much cricket.

Fark, I find myself in agreement with Henry . . . Suspect
tac
tac

Back to top Go down

Post by doremi Sat 03 Nov 2007, 14:10

tac wrote:
doremi wrote:
tac wrote:
WIFAN wrote:
tac wrote:

Fixed.

Just as you'll blindly jump on any anti-Aussie bandwagon that happens to be rolling by.

Shouldn't you be putting the finishing touches on your effigies for the upcoming series, do-boy?

Using a stereotype. Yeah, that's original.
doremi
doremi

Back to top Go down

Post by tac Sat 03 Nov 2007, 14:14

doremi wrote:
tac wrote:
doremi wrote:
tac wrote:
WIFAN wrote:
tac wrote:

Fixed.

Using a stereotype. Yeah, that's original.

I'm just jumping on a convenient bandwagon, funny you should complain . . .
tac
tac

Back to top Go down

Post by Nath Sun 11 Nov 2007, 05:31

It is now a 3 Test series!

Schedule
Nath
Nath

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackadder_ Sun 11 Nov 2007, 05:44

Least there is a warm up game before the test series, and JAMODIs now

Blackadder_

Number of posts : 242
Registration date : 2007-11-07
Flag/Background : nsw

Back to top Go down

Post by Nath Sun 11 Nov 2007, 06:02

9 days b/w the 2nd and 3rd Tests too. Probably should be able to squeeze another tour match in there.
Nath
Nath

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down