Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

magoo in fat head shock

+2
tac
horace
6 posters

Go down

magoo in fat head shock Empty magoo in fat head shock

Post by horace Mon 05 Nov 2007, 22:32

story in the melbourne age has a line about macdill being overweight...on being asked magoo said his overweight problem was caused by his head...

yesterday he and piggsy had their bowl off at AB Field bowling to gilly and roy....magoo conceded that they clobbered several of his pies...

he's still campaigning publicly for selection...story had no quotes from Piggsy....the accompanying photo has piggsy and magoo in camera...of the two LTGM at least piggsy looked trim and fit...magoo looks larger than life
horace
horace

Number of posts : 42573
Registration date : 2007-09-06
Flag/Background : ire

Back to top Go down

magoo in fat head shock Empty Re: magoo in fat head shock

Post by tac Mon 05 Nov 2007, 22:39

Get ******, horrie
tac
tac

Number of posts : 19270
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : pon

Back to top Go down

Post by G.Wood Mon 05 Nov 2007, 22:41

I can't believe (well I can) the way the spiv media are going on about Spewy deserving to get picked because he has 198 wickets. FFS using that criteria Richie should be picked. It's as if how well you bowl now has no relevance
G.Wood
G.Wood

Number of posts : 12070
Flag/Background : none

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Mon 05 Nov 2007, 22:43

so tac...do you support the fathead's selection ahead of piggsy?...i figure that neither will take many wickets but go for heaps in the process...at least piggsy knows how to hold a bat and is prepared to chase in the field...

if magoo is selected then punter will have the challenge of having to hide both sniffy and muttonhead when we are fielding
horace
horace

Back to top Go down

Post by tac Mon 05 Nov 2007, 22:47

horace wrote:so tac...do you support the fathead's selection ahead of piggsy?...i figure that neither will take many wickets but go for heaps in the process...at least piggsy knows how to hold a bat and is prepared to chase in the field...

if magoo is selected then punter will have the challenge of having to hide both sniffy and muttonhead when we are fielding

Yes, for the SL series. If he does no good, piss him off. But you are right about the fact thsat neither will take many wickets . . . in fact neither will bowl much. I'd be tempted to take in 4 quicks and use Pup and Roy.

Warnie is gone, no good trying to replace him with a second-rate spin option. Pick the 4 bowlers most likely to take wickets (or 3 and Bung).
tac
tac

Number of posts : 19270
Flag/Background : pon

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Mon 05 Nov 2007, 22:49

G.Wood wrote:I can't believe (well I can) the way the spiv media are going on about Spewy deserving to get picked because he has 198 wickets. FFS using that criteria Richie should be picked. It's as if how well you bowl now has no relevance

agree...i think the ACB also needs to direct the players to not discuss (campaign for) their selection through the media...
horace
horace

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Mon 05 Nov 2007, 22:51

astute argument tac
horace
horace

Back to top Go down

Post by Mick Sawyer Mon 05 Nov 2007, 23:34

G.Wood wrote:I can't believe (well I can) the way the spiv media are going on about Spewy deserving to get picked because he has 198 wickets. FFS using that criteria Richie should be picked. It's as if how well you bowl now has no relevance

If you'd asked me 12 months ago who of the two should be playing the answer would have been MacGill. As we know, since then Hoggy has found something. He's improved enormously. It's a genuinely tough call. The weight thing? What a farking lame issue.

Talking of spivs.......... Did you see Mark Waugh last night on Inside Cricket? Still defending Bung like he owed him $200k. When Blewett pointed out that Bung had only taken three 5 wicket hauls in his last 40 Tests Waugh threw out the "well McGrath and Warne were playing in those games."

BTW - I read this morning it's your birthday - 52 & still not all grown up :o
Mick Sawyer
Mick Sawyer

Number of posts : 7267
Registration date : 2007-09-11
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

Post by G.Wood Mon 05 Nov 2007, 23:41

Mick Sawyer wrote:

If you'd asked me 12 months ago who of the two should be playing the answer would have been MacGill. As we know, since then Hoggy has found something. He's improved enormously. It's a genuinely tough call. The weight thing? What a farking lame issue.

Talking of spivs.......... Did you see Mark Waugh last night on Inside Cricket? Still defending Bung like he owed him $200k. When Blewett pointed out that Bung had only taken three 5 wicket hauls in his last 40 Tests Waugh threw out the "well McGrath and Warne were playing in those games."

BTW - I read this morning it's your birthday - 52 & still not all grown up :o

MEW is just a twit, as evidenced by the fact it took him so long to realise that Australian Cricketers don't have to sh*g old ugly cows. He's spiv bias even makes skully cringe.

Aye, the experience of a 14yr old trapped in the body of an 80 yr old. Still, at least I'm not horace
G.Wood
G.Wood

Number of posts : 12070
Flag/Background : none

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Mon 05 Nov 2007, 23:42

i can see bung going for plenty this summer (like most)...btw...happy birthday
horace
horace

Back to top Go down

Post by Mick Sawyer Mon 05 Nov 2007, 23:55

MEW? no first hand experience but I'm thinking that even in 2000 the 20 year olds would have had had their skills fast tracked by the wonders of the internet. No excuses for the mummy fixation.

"Aye, the experience of a 14yr old trapped in the body of an 80 yr old. Still, at least I'm not horace"

Right on track with you there son.
Mick Sawyer
Mick Sawyer

Number of posts : 7267
Registration date : 2007-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Mon 05 Nov 2007, 23:58

despite my admittedly advanced years I still feel like i am a healthy cheeky 80 year old stuck in a decrepid body...

suspect RD was also an unlucky 14 yo
horace
horace

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Sun 11 Nov 2007, 23:02

good ball from magoo to remove dotty yesterday...but like my golf game that includes heaps of carp shots so everynow and then i am due for good one...magoo did not impress over the weekend with his bowling and looked less and less than a long term solution
horace
horace

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Sun 11 Nov 2007, 23:49

Unfortunately....Hogggyyy!!! 0-65 and 0-33 (so far in 2nd dig) v useless Banjos in current Moo Moo.
skully
skully

Number of posts : 105931
Flag/Background : baggy

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Mon 12 Nov 2007, 00:06

at present macdill has outbowled mumu's chucks in this game...magoo has 2 wickets and mumu 2 runouts off 50 overs...is mumu's fielding slightly overrated
horace
horace

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Mon 12 Nov 2007, 00:09

at least piggsy can bat and tries in the field...my concern about having to hide both sniffy and macdill in the fiels seems warranted after sniffy's rather poor effort this am
horace
horace

Back to top Go down

Post by ojitarian Mon 12 Nov 2007, 00:44

horace wrote:at present macdill has outbowled mumu's chucks in this game...magoo has 2 wickets and mumu 2 runouts off 50 overs...is mumu's fielding slightly overrated
Fox Sports News after day one and Murali's good outfield catch had the throwaway line - "Murali showing he can catch as well as throw"...

ojitarian

Number of posts : 275
Registration date : 2007-10-02

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Mon 12 Nov 2007, 00:53

ojitarian wrote:
horace wrote:at present macdill has outbowled mumu's chucks in this game...magoo has 2 wickets and mumu 2 runouts off 50 overs...is mumu's fielding slightly overrated
Fox Sports News after day one and Murali's good outfield catch had the throwaway line - "Murali showing he can catch as well as throw"...

Razz Razz jo the cameraman must have picked up some work with Foxy
horace
horace

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down